Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April chat for NJ!!!!!

Hi to everyone in Jersey, I will be visiting your state at the end of July (Highland, NJ). You are all really great people. I have a cousin that lives there, it will be my 3rd time there. Can't wait!

Patty, My b-day is in Feb. I'm not sure about bringing Abi, Dave and I try to sneek off once a year or so without her. ;) I ALWAYS pack an extra suitcase cuz....I love to shop. I go to property control and company D at WDW when we go. I have a very good friend that works in EPCOT and he says I'm his sister. I can easily drop a few hundred bucks in each place. I pack my med suitcase inside a large suitcase so I have less luggage to drag to the airport. Then mid trip I do a load of laundry so that we can wear all the cool park gear we buy. So all of our clothes go into the large suitcase and then I have our med suitcase and Abi's small case to pack souvies in. I got a system, or a problem not sure but it works for me. DH laughed at me too, but I wanna walk where Walt walked, and see what he had a hand in making. Did I mention that I am obsessed with Walt? Not just the Disney empire, but Walt himself too. I'm a nut I know. A few weeks ago I drove past the home where Walt was born, it's not that far from my house. It was for sale, they were asking $800,000 and it's in a bad neighborhood and pretty small, but cool to see. You had to have proof of financing to look at it, so I was out of luck on that, but it was still cool to see from the outside.

Kat, I am sending prayers for Rick, and positive thoughts, wishes, and hugs to you. Girl, you must be the strongest woman alive. I went through a major injury with Dave when Abi was 12 weeks old and my Mom told me that God only gives you what you can handle, that's why I believe you are so strong. If you need to talk I think you have my number, if not I'll PM it to you. I'm here when ever you need me. I'm a night owl so call anytime.

Sherry and Chrispy, they announced the dates for the Halloween Party, and I think the only date while you are there is the 21st. The tickets are almost $50, the party is good but we only paid $35 last year. And there are no discounts on the tickets for that night. (it's a friday) Last year I got advanced purchase price and also my Annual pass discount. None of those apply to that night. My dining is all planned if you want a copy of our restauant picks let me know.

I'm in desperate need of a shower and more coffee. I'll pop back in later. ~Mandy

First of all, I want to say to Kat that I have you and Rick in my prayers. I am so sorry this is happening, again. I hope the doctors figure out how to address the problems right away! Please, if there's anything we can do, let us know, okay? And keep up updated. (((Hugs)))

Patty, see if you can have a friend with you the first night. I'd nix the EX...just too much stuff there. You need to relax, and that seems pretty hard with the EX.

Eileen, sorry to hear you have been sick...so will this be your first week with your new job responsibilities? I bet ya'll had a good time at the shore!

Mandy, your 30th soun ds like fun...great plan! As for summer, the rough outline is: VBS, June 10-14; DisneyWorld, June 15-24; Kids Off Broadway Summer Day Camp, July 2-12; Church Camp, July 30-Aug 3. She's going to take some little courses here and there at her school, but I haven't figured that all out yet. DH is going to teach two sessions of summer school at the juvenile detention center (where he teaches all the time anyway). We're not going to Maine this year, but we may take some little "getaway" trips...we'll see how it goes.

Ya'll have got me on the busy-ness! At this point, the things I'm doing are things I enjoy...so all is good. I haven't set up my hobby area yet, and I need to do it! That is the only thing I really haven't done yet...but on the other hand, I didn't know I would be getting so involved in DD's school, or that I would want to, so I think it's all working out the way it's supposed to. I'm having fun, and really am enjoying being able to "be there" when Haven is performing and playing sports...instead of just hearing about it.

In fact, I don't think I have very much at all to do tomorrow, so I'm going to make it a "clean the house" day! What fun!

Hugs to all of you gals! Prayers for Kat,

Cindy

i cant believe it is SUnday already...I felt like I just got out of work.....uuughhhh

I have an appt for an adjustment for tomorrow,,,but not sure if i need one....i am always hungry ....but when i do eat it seems like it gets stuck...i am not sure if it is because I am not chewing enough or just in a rush because of the kids....i have thrown up alot the last two weeks....but i think because i am not chewing enough,...

i have also gotten some Biotin Vitamins but not sure how much to take a day,,,,my hair is falling out alot i may be bald by the end of may or sooner.....

Hope everybody is doing good....talk to u all soon...deb

Hi everybody. This is my first entry on this site. You all seem like such a close nit supportive group. I'm having my surgery in Monterrey, Mexico on May 18th. I'm pretty nervous but I just keep reading and educating myself. I'm going to get my fills in Fill Center USA in Mount Laurel, NJ. It's about 30 miles north of me so pretty convenient.

One thing that I have to say is that I have very little support in this. I have chosen not to tell people. My kids are too young and it

would scare them. I'm so afraid of negative feedback because my mind is made up and I'm afraid it will get me down if people are negative. Does that make sense? Somehow I have to find somebody to tell so that if god forbid anything happened I could be reached. Hmmm. Anyway, I have a few weeks to work on this and maybe I'll come up with someone I can trust with my heart.

My story is that I'm a New York State transplant and have lived here in Jersey for 10 years. I'm divorced but happily so. I always battled the pounds but stayed in pretty good shape until my 40's. I actually had my kids late my normal standards. I was 37 and 40 when I had them, I'm 50 now and have managed to get myself way heavier than I should be. So here I am.

I'm an RN and live in south Jersey. I'm very contented with my life other than the fact that my weight is becoming an all consuming problem for me. Although I don't have medical complications I will if I keep this weight gain up like I have been. I feel like I'm being proactive. With young kids I need to stay healthy for a long time.

Thanks for listening

Laurie

Hi everyone-

Another day spent sitting, and walking the loop at the hospital! Rick is the same. Spends most of his time in A-fib....occasionally going into a normal rhythm. We did get a possible scenario today. When they cut down the size of his heart back in August at the original heart surgery, they did what is called a Maze procedure, it is like electro-cautery, they use to teach the blood pumping through the heart the new pathways. Often times patients are in A-fib for up to 6 months following the procedure, so they are kept on blood thinners, usually coumadin, during the 6 months. The second issue requiring the 6 months of Coumadin, was the valve surgery itself. Anytime a foreign body is introduced, madeof plastic, it needs an average of 6 months to cover with tissue. Covering in tissue is necessary to prevent blood clots---blood tends to clot, on the foreign body. Well 2 months out from his heart surgery, he had the Massive GI bleed, that come so close to killing him. In order to save him, they not only removed him from the Coumadin, they pumped him full of Vitamin K (for clotting) and platelets for clotting. While it worked to save him at the time, it is now causing serious problems. His CAT scan, shows he has had minimally 2 strokes. So for right now...the plan is to continue to anticoagulate his blood, walking a fine line with the bleeding issue. He is also getting arythmia drugs, to try to slow and regulate the heart, they cannot get his heart rate to go below 121, and stay without super strong IV drugs, the oral meds, do nothing. He is also getting nitro through a patch type thing on his skin. They upped his Coumadin to 10 mg. tonight, as his PT/INR has not changed either---3 days and no changes to date. He received a Lovenox shot tonight as well. Hoping to see changes with the blood thinnning. Tomorrow we have our local Dr. who is the blood Dr. conferencing on a call with the local cardiologist (who has recinded his hospital privileges in a contract battle), and our cardiac surgeon in Albuquerque. They will be deciding whether he is a candidate for ablation ( further electro cautery surgery---either open heart, or through a catheter similar to angioplasty). Lots of big words---and unknowns still.

The inlaws are barely speaking to me---tough sh#*!!! His sister trying to order me around about transfering him was more than I could take so I hung up on her!!! I do not call every hour on the hour---I call his Mom, 5-6 times a day---and it isn't satisfying her. I figure the phone lines go both ways, and she is 10 miles away. She doesn't like it, there is plenty she can do about it!

I love his family, I just am not handling this the way they want. Rick is awake, aware, and able to make his own decisions on this, I will not use emotion to try to sway him, and that is what his Mom wants.

Anyway------ain't family GRAND?!!

Thanks so much-----your prayers and thoughts mean the world to me!!!

(((((HUGS to ALL of you!!!)))))

Kat

I figure the phone lines go both ways, and she is 10 miles away. She doesn't like it, there is plenty she can do about it![/b]

Kat - If they wanted to do something more then they should be there. Don't worry about what everyone else says or does, just think about yourself. My thoughts are with you. Just remember to take care of yourself.

Dear Kat,

What a nightmare! I am so sorry this is happening to you. You did right by hanging up. I am proud of you for venting and keeping your focus. I will pray for you guys again right now. Shame on those family members that feel the need to guilt you. I trust everything you are doing,

Hugs,

Kat, let us know if you need anything. I am so sorry that Rick's family is being so difficult. I'm sure this is hard enough without having to deal with them too. (((hugs)))... Tell RIck to hang in there, the LBT girls are all pulling for him. ~Mandy

Kat, just take it one moment at a time, and make the best decision you can with the information you have. I know his family is worried, but you are his wife, and this is you and Rick's situation. I sure wish we all could give you the real hugs we would like to give you! I am still praying for the best for you both! Having spend my fair share of time in hospitals, but not as much as you, I think...I just have to remind you to eat something healthy, and put your feet up now and then...a nice glass of iced tea did wonders for me in the afternoon. OH, an ice cream cone wasn't too bad, either!

(((Hugs!)))

Cindy

Kat... Our prayers are with you....I hope it all works out for you and Rick....

Laurie...Everyone on here are great....i have never seen such a caring and understanding group of people anywhere......I am so glad I was accepted in this group....they are so helpful...I live in North New Jersey....good luck with everything and hope to see you on here.....

Take care

ps i am officially in onderland...went to the dr. today and weighed in at 199....

i cant believe i did it....

DEB

Hi-

Well health wise, there has not been much change. Rick is still running about 124 for a heart rate. BUT----he is now doing it at home! The Dr. said he wants to try to anticoagulate him with the drugs before resorting to more drastic measures, and he can kick back and swallow pills at home, and likely relax more than in the hospital. So we are HOME!!!!

He is taking 2 anti-arythmia drugs, and his blood thinner. We see the Dr. again to have the levels in his blood checked on Wednesday. I will read up---today ended up longer in the hospital than originally hoped---and once again thank you all so much----you have no idea how much the understanding has meant. I know that I can say whatever I feel and you guys will take it the right way!!!

Be back after I read up!

Kat

Kat, it's great that he is home, but I am sure you are a nervous wreck. Make sure he is RESTING and not trying to overdo. Glad to hear that he is stable enough to be at home. Keep us updated. ~Mandy

Hey, where is everyone today? ~Mandy

I received an email alert on your message Mandy---is there a May thread yet? "May"be we should be somewhere else!!!!

Kat