Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help - 3rd fill is giving me problems

Hi all

I have had my 3rd fill for 2 weeks. I have "thrown up" 6 times. What is weird - i think this is really my first fill that has given me any restriction. I really don't think I'm to "full". I think the problem lies with my first 2 not giving me any restriction and have been able to eat anything and ate to much. So here I am with my 3rd fill (only 1.4cc) and having problems. some meals are very painfull and have a hard time staying down. If I take my time and eat small bites and chew my food - it doesn't give me any problems. Some of the problem food seems to be with chicken. I did eat "beef" 2 times and didn't have any problem. Usually, yogurt is no problem, but every now and then it does hurt a little. When I think about it, I think I ate the yogurt to fast.

My question is - am i just really trying to get use to this and this is the way it is suppose to be, or am I overfilled. I'm afraid to get some removed as it will just be like it was before this fill and i will eat to much.

I have only lost about 17 lbs since December 19th so this is really slow for me. :hungry: :help: :)

I am getting frustrated with this. Please help me.

i think you have hit the right place--maybe. i got my 2nd fill last Tuesday (3/20) and have thrown up numerous times--because food got stuck or whatever. i really have to adjust my eating--because the BAND wins--i can't win when i want "just another 2 bites" or whatever--then i really get into trouble. but--i just realized (duh) that i am more "open" in the evening--the food is NOT getting as stuck. have tried the warm tea, warm Soup, etc....whatever--in the morning and afternoon--food is more of a problem.

i have been sticking to Optifast for Breakfast and Soups for lunch--and dinner i can get a little more adventurous.

on the +++ side--i am losing weight!! so, it's not all bad.

If chicken makes you PB - stick to beef, pork or fish - or try the dark moist meat on a chicken - vs the stringier breast meat. Lots of people seem to have trouble with poultry - including chicken & turkey.

If I take my time and eat small bites and chew my food - it doesn't give me any problems. Some of the problem food seems to be with chicken. I did eat "beef" 2 times and didn't have any problem.

That whole slowing down and taking tiny bites is the whole key to band success...

There are a couple of things to keep in mind.

1) When you PB or get food stuck, you need to go on liquids for at least 24 hours after that time - to allow the swelling & irritation in your esophagus to go down. If you DON'T go on liquids - the next food you eat has to get past not only your tight band, but additional swelling - which makes it more likely that you will have the same problem again and again.

2) If, after taking tiny bites and avoiding "problem" foods, you still are having trouble - go back and have your doc take .1 or .2 cc's out. If you aren't taking large bites - Yogurt should NOT cause you any problems. Use a baby spoon and wait for a few seconds between each bite. If there are chunky bits in the yogurt - be sure to chew those.

I envy you your restriction! I have NEVER had restriction so tight that I couldn't eat anything. I almost wish that I couldn't eat bread anymore... almost. :]

Good Luck and Happy Band Trails!

Hi there, I am so glad to here that others out there have not really felt a restriction. I am 20 days post op and have been eating real foods since day 6 or 7. I thought maybe my stomach has no active fullness sensors in it to feel the fullness that I expected.

I have my first feel in 3 weeks and hope to feel some sort of restriction?

I hope that if you take it slow and advance your diet more slowly that it will get better.

Hang in there

JBacher

banded 3/12/07