Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve nightmare

Stay Away From Dr.HUACUZ!!!!!! I had 2 gastric sleeves. Four years after my first sleeve I gained all my weight back. May have been having my baby.. However I could eat a lot.. So I'm thinking a bit of both. After my second son was born in Oct 2013.. I decided I would get a gastric sleeve once again.. My first one worked wonders.. Now the second sleeve almost killed me.. I would never do this again. I believe it was my surgeon. He did not insert a drainage tube. & I almost bled to death. When I returned to Canada from Mexico.. I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. I needed blood transfusion., not once but four times. The Mexican "surgeon" seen all of the blood leaking out of my incisions.. Instead of fixing them., he would tell me it's normal & left me to basically die. I had to be treated for many different things.. The Mexican "doctor" was a butcher.. I would never return to Mexico. & never advise this.. It is suicide.. & Hell. It hurt very much. I paid the man named Daniel Huacuz for my surgery.. However I do think he also uses Certified Bariatric surgeons. His liaison is Rossy.. Do not go to TJ Mexico. I warn you

Edited by shantell81

I am so sorry that you have had this experience. TJ Mexico has many surgeons so not all of them are butchers. I'm sure there are many fine surgeons down there and there have been many happy people with successful sleeve journeys. I hope you are recovering and that all will go well. Good luck to you.

Sorry to hear that that happened to you but on here a lot of people have had great success with doctors Mexico did you do your research and come on here and see what others were saying about doctors.....I did and that's why I am going with my doctor...good luck and hope all is well

Just making sure everyone knows.. I did have a good sleeve in Mexico the first time.. Do Your Research.. I didn't. & that's my mistake. I just promised myself when I gained strength back I would warn people of this Doctor. This is just the beginning. Dr. Daniel Huscuz. Stay away!

The Canadian surgeons also mentioned I will never be normal & look the same as regular people. The Doctor messed me up that bad! He also took 95% of my stomach. During my month in the Canadian hospital.. They had to stretch out my stomach so I wouldn't need to be tube fed longer than I already was. I am doing better now. Still sick every other day., but at least I'm alive.. I Thank God for that!

So sorry to hear your problems and I truly hope you are better soon. As for going to Mexico, I certainly wouldn't lump all surgeons in one category. There are a lot of good Mexican bariatric surgeons with excellent credentials, experience and skills. The one I used actually has a complication rate 1/100 that of the average (as per the US based SRC that certifies Centers of Excellence).

Unfortunately, as for Dr. Huacuz, it took me all of 5 minutes to find DOZENS of patient complaints and complications dating back years when I googled his name. I'm really sorry you ended up going with him, but like lynn2win said, research can help others weed out the good from the bad. Thanks for posting so you can help others.

Edited by Kindle

Oh my goodness 95% of your stomach...wow thank God you are ok..I am sorry for your struggle not sure if you can edit your post and put his name in the topic

Not quite sure any surgeon would go a 2nd sleeve. Sorry you are going through such a difficult time.

WOW, I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR PAIN AND STRUGGLES. HOW HORRIBLE. I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE STARTING TO FEEL A LITTLE BETTER. HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO DO A SECOND SLEEVE? I DON'T UNDERSTAND, THAT IS JUST AMAZING TO ME. I'M PRETTY SURE YOU SAID YOU HAVE TWO YOUNG CHILDREN TOO, BLESS YOU ALL AND SO GLAD THEIR MAMA IS GETTING BETTER. THINKING OF YOU....