Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any DC Metro/NoVA/MD folks

Hi! I will be at Fair Oaks, too! My surgeon will be Dr. Moazzez. I don't have a date yet as I'm still in the insurance requirement process. Pam at Bluepoint said probably October. Right now I am reading and learning as much as possible about RNY.

I had an EGD two days ago at Fair Oaks and the people were all very nice.

So sorry to have been out of touch for last few weeks.

I had my GBP 7/7/2015 - prior to starting up with doctor I was at 300. Prior to surgery I was 258, Last weight was a few days ago and I was at 232.

I can say, for the initial few weeks after surgery I was EXHAUSTED a lot. I went to work two weeks after surgery, and that first week, I felt TIRED.

I'd come home and sleep for two hours to recover.

Slowly rebuilt to my regular work schedule. I've done some walking but not real regular exercise yet.

Sometimes forget to eat, if I eat something I'm not suppose to yet, body is quick to let me know. So far the scars are closed up. Except top one.

Not sure what else to share?
Any one have suggestions for best Protein, small meal ideas? That aren't too repetitive?

12 hours post surgery and doing pretty well. Nurses are awesome here at Fair Oaks. I had a few hours right after surgery that were tough, but I survived and so will everyone else. Any questions while I am in the hospital?

12 hours post surgery and doing pretty well. Nurses are awesome here at Fair Oaks. I had a few hours right after surgery that were tough, but I survived and so will everyone else. Any questions while I am in the hospital?

Most of mine were great too, but I did have one male one who wanted me to "cycle" through the pain.

Draytonp congratulations on your surgery sorry to hear there was a little bit of a rough patch glad you're feeling better. Who is your surgeon? I'm using Fair Oaks and Blue Point Surgical group. My surgeon is Dr moazzez. I'm definitely interested to see what your experience is like there over the next two days. My surgery is likely to be the end of October. Keep feeling well

Karaya as far as recipes ... I just joined Pinterest there's an app for it . I was prompted to join after going on to egg face.com. Eggface is a website that is run by a former bypass patient with lots of fun stuff on a daily basis including recipes and ideas for cooking in general. So you should visit both of those for recipe ideas . Hope you find some good ones

Most of mine were great too, but I did have one male one who wanted me to "cycle" through the pain.

What does "cycle" through the pain mean? I hope you told him to shove it and give me my pain meds! LOL!!!

What does "cycle" through the pain mean? I hope you told him to shove it and give me my pain meds! LOL!!!

He wouldn't give me the pain or nausea medications and I was even asking 2 hours after it was due.

He wouldn't give me the pain or nausea medications and I was even asking 2 hours after it was due.

Well that is just unacceptable! I didn't mean to make lite of him withholding meds that your doctor ordered for you. What were you supposed to do, just grin and bare the pain? Who the hell is he to not give you your meds? Were you denied pain meds during his entire shift? What did you do? I hope you reported him to someone. I'm sorry that you had to go through that...completely unacceptable! I would have been making all kinds of noises to make sure the dude who thought I should "cycle" through the pain was educated from someone who could put a boot up his backside. Unbelievable!

Well that is just unacceptable! I didn't mean to make lite of him withholding meds that your doctor ordered for you. What were you supposed to do, just grin and bare the pain? Who the hell is he to not give you your meds? Were you denied pain meds during his entire shift? What did you do? I hope you reported him to someone. I'm sorry that you had to go through that...completely unacceptable! I would have been making all kinds of noises to make sure the dude who thought I should "cycle" through the pain was educated from someone who could put a boot up his backside. Unbelievable!

I spoke about him to my dr as well as on an interview re my stay. I have no idea why he thought he could do that. The girl in the bed next to me asked for dilauded all day and all night. She was telling her guests it made her feel so good. Whenever she asked for it, she got it.

I was in a lot of pain and it went on for quite a bit. I am a month out tomorrow and last week the pain pretty much stopped. Now for some reason it is creeping back.

I have no idea who he thought he was to tell me to cycle through anything.

Wow... Cycle through the pain?? My wife is with me, she would have jumped in that cycle and run his ass over!

I haven't had any bad experiences like that. In fact, this has been the best nursing staff I have ever seen. The "bariatric clears" meals suck. Dr. Fitzer said I didn't have to eat it. I am not hungry at all anyway. I have been able to drink really well, which will be different for every person. I have made a bunch of laps around the unit. No gas yet, but they keep telling me to expect it soon.

Dr. Fitzer said he would have discharged me today except my blood sugar is still not stabile. Most likely headed home tomorrow.

Keep a pillow on your tummy! I have that occasional random cough. Use the pillow to kind of hold your tummy in, but it will still hurt.

It's great having my wife here to help. It's the little things you will need help with.

Wow... Cycle through the pain?? My wife is with me, she would have jumped in that cycle and run his ass over!

I haven't had any bad experiences like that. In fact, this has been the best nursing staff I have ever seen. The "bariatric clears" meals suck. Dr. Fitzer said I didn't have to eat it. I am not hungry at all anyway. I have been able to drink really well, which will be different for every person. I have made a bunch of laps around the unit. No gas yet, but they keep telling me to expect it soon.

Dr. Fitzer said he would have discharged me today except my blood sugar is still not stabile. Most likely headed home tomorrow.

Keep a pillow on your tummy! I have that occasional random cough. Use the pillow to kind of hold your tummy in, but it will still hurt.

It's great having my wife here to help. It's the little things you will need help with.

I had my fiance to help me and I agree, it is great to have someone behind you. I am a month post op as of tomorrow. Have you had a nurse named Joy? She was my favorite.

No, no Joy so far. They seem pretty busy today. I guess most admissions happen Monday and Tuesday. Should start to have people leave tomorrow.

Edited by draytonp