Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

congrats.....Thor. :confused:

I go to the same doctor for my fills. I'll be thinking of you on Jan 25th. You'll do fine. :mad:

Make sure you let us know how you are doing after surgery.

Terry

thanks Terry for your support,hope these next few weeks fly by it has been such a long way to get where I am, but gave me time to research and learn from very one else. Thor----Becky

Thor,

That is great news!! You will be about two weeks ahead of me. I am not looking forward to the diet he makes you do before the surgery, but I know that I can do anything I put my mind to. And I just have to keep reminding myself that it is only for two weeks. I can do anything for 14 days, right?

I was supposed to have my surgery on the 4th of January, but I had to rescedule because Dr. Sid was having surgery that day.

Have you done your pre-op physical yet? I wonder what they do? I started this whole process several years ago. In fact, the psych evaluation was two years ago. I haven't actually seen him in over three years. But I have got to know the ladies in the office!

Let me know how it goes!!

I have a question .Hopefullysomeone can help me.I got my first fill on Dec18 .Since then I have been burping and I dont mean little dainty burps either.lol .I dont have any problems with acid reflex at night or anything .I just didnt know if this is normal or should I be worrying about it.

Oh...can I relate to that. I have 3.2 in my 4 cc band now and after every bite and every sip of liquid I have burps too! I think of my band as the opening of a bottle. When you try to pour liquid out of a bottle it makes a glug glug bubbly sound. I feel like that is what my band does as food goes through. Sound weird? But...you're not alone. Also, wanted to welcome all the new people to this thread. It's nice to see it growing. Dr. Sid is great and I'm glad he did my surgery. He has no cases of erosion and only a couple of slips since he's been practicing. That is encouraging. Good luck newbies on your journey! Mine has been great so far.

Kelly

Hey....Kelly,

You look like you are losing really good. Have you had to buy new clothes again? I'm trying to get back to where I was befor my unfill. (weight wise)

Terry

I'm doing pretty well, but it has been frustrating. I have worked out for 5 days a week for a solid hour, weight lifting and cardio (I mean really hard stuff) and my weight does not reflect my hard work. My tape measure isn't even showing changes in inches really. But, I can't complain because slow is better than not at all. I talked to my doctor yesterday because I had an annual physical and she told me it can take up to 3 months for my body to adjust to all my hard work and conversion of fat to muscle. Then, she said I should see a greater effect on the scale and in my clothes. I am at 10 weeks since I started my program Nov 1st, so I really shouldn't be surprised that I'm not seeing much yet. Truly, I think what I put in my mouth matters most. As far as my clothes go, I need a new wardrobe for work again. I wear a large shirt but could probably wear a medium sometimes and a 14 jean and 12/14 pant. My pants for work look ridiculous. There is a place called Magic Needle near Carle Hospital in Urbana and they are brilliant when it comes to alterations. I am going to see how much it would cost to have my work pants altered. I have 5 pairs and at 69 bucks a pop, I can't afford to just give them away and buy new ones. With all that said, these are the kinds of problems I have been hoping to have all my life because that means my band is doing it's job and I am losing the weight I have always wanted to lose! Kelly

Oh yes, it just the best thing ever, Started yesterday, its really not to bad, I have a head ach, but hope that don't last the whole 2 weeks. I just wish it was all over and I was on the way down the scale.. Thanks for caring and remembering. Becky:redface:;)

Terry, were did you have your surgery done, and how long ago was it? Are you doing okay, and do you feel its still worth that decision,,,;)

I had my sugery done in Mexico. It was the best money I've ever spent. I do however get my fills done in clinton by dr.r.

I am doing ok with my band. Its kicking my ass today, but most days we get along. I have only lost 30 lbs but if I lose again this next year I will only have 10 lbs left to lose.

Would you like a recipe for a really good tomatoe Soup? It easy and all liquid.

Terry

Had my pre-op Thursday, the PA was who was there, she just looked at my chart went over somethings in it, like medicationstalked about what to expect and ask if you had any questons, took my B/P, listened to my Heart and that was it, then met with the nut went over few things she had already went over first time I met her, but is was good, then went to hospital for EKG,blood draw, and chest xray. there are 25 beds in the hopsital and they don't have anyone very often to stay all night.. So for sure I'll get to come home.

Would love a Soup recipe,and I don't know how to do anything on the computer, Iam one heck of a nurse but iliterate at computers.....