Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Bandsters - Let's Do This!

:( I'm on day 5 of my pre-op diet. I was feeling sorry for myself, but I'm going to stop now! My doc has me on Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch, with a light dinner (4-6 oz. lean Protein and half a cup of veggies, or lean cuisine meal under 300 calories).

I wish I could have a light dinner. Mine has been liquid Protein for almost 2 weeks now.

Hang in there Valarie kk! I did 2 weeks liquid and now post surgery I have to do another 3. I add Protein Powder to Soup and it's a nice change of pace. I know it's tough but it is temporary!

K

Unflavored Protein powder!! I was able to throw one scoop into my coffee and although it wasn't the best tasting I could get it down and bam 25g if protein down and only 50 more to go. Im supposed to have 30g of carbs but I have found that almost impossible to do, never thought I'd have that problem. Only 2 more days left :) thank you for the encouragement. It seems like everyone else was finding preop so easy to do. Your words make me feel tons better.

Unflavored Protein powder!! I was able to throw one scoop into my coffee and although it wasn't the best tasting I could get it down and bam 25g if protein down and only 50 more to go. Im supposed to have 30g of carbs but I have found that almost impossible to do, never thought I'd have that problem. Only 2 more days left :) thank you for the encouragement. It seems like everyone else was finding preop so easy to do. Your words make me feel tons better.

Yes! Great solve. In the mornings I blend vanilla Premier Protein shake with coffee and ice. It makes something very similar to a Frappucino! I put the unflavored protein powder into a low cal Soup like Amy's split pea. Blend that up with some Water so it's not chunky at all. It tastes a little different, but doable for a change from shakes. For Tomato base soup, used Fage greek yogurt blended in for a better taste. Your protein does not HAVE to be from powders, so a non-fat greek yogurt works nicely- as long as it's blended into a liquid and paired with right ingredients. FYI - Greek yogurt and chicken broth DO NOT go together- yuck! Learned that the hard way.

I am thinking this will go by really fast, and we will all just look back on our pre and post op diets and wonder how we did it! We were so amazing!

- K

Yall are doing awesome. Just keep looking at the end goal. In a couple of months we will have our diets nailed and be reaping the benefits. :)

Hi everyone

My date is thursday. I'm so struggling with the sugar busters diet. I'm traveling home from vacation and want to get some ice cream or a caramel Machiatto so bad

Oh don't say those 2 words. Caramel machiato is my favorite! ! I don't know how you made it through vacation. Congrats. If you can do that, you'll make it.

Yes! Great solve. In the mornings I blend vanilla Premier Protein shake with coffee and ice. It makes something very similar to a Frappucino! I put the unflavored Protein powder into a low cal Soup like Amy's split pea. Blend that up with some Water so it's not chunky at all. It tastes a little different, but doable for a change from shakes. For Tomato base soup, used Fage greek yogurt blended in for a better taste. Your protein does not HAVE to be from powders, so a non-fat greek yogurt works nicely- as long as it's blended into a liquid and paired with right ingredients. FYI - Greek yogurt and chicken broth DO NOT go together- yuck! Learned that the hard way. I am thinking this will go by really fast, and we will all just look back on our pre and post op diets and wonder how we did it! We were so amazing! - K

I took your advice and I have no idea why I have not tried Greek yogurt before now. That works so well, and I blended my chocolate protein powder with coffee and ice. Absolute heaven compared to drinking Isopure. I should have done this days ago :)

It was a struggle. I went to Mardi gras and had two good days before I started diet on monday. I've had lots of Water, crystal light and baked fish. It's killing me now. My sister did make me a broccoli salad and she used splenda in the dressing. You would have thought it was steak the way I was eating it.

I've really struggled with the Water intake. I'm already drinking so much Fluid it's hard to get 64oz of water.

I just have to say I have the best husband ever!!! He just suprised me with the ninja blender ( it has single serve cups) just to make sure I can make it through the liquid stage post-op. I sincerly hope all of you have such great support at home.

My surgery is for March 13th. I am getting very nervous as I am continuing to read so many negative posts about the band online. Best of luck to you all!

I have read negative post also. What I had to remember was that everyone is different. My experience may not be the same as the next person. I think some people get the band and think that the wait will drop off quickly and when it does then it becomes a disappointment. I am using the band is a tool to help lose weight I am NOT sitting real high expectations because I know it will take time. I believe you should do what you feel is best for you and your situation don't solely rely on other people's experience because yoU couldbe totally different. Good luck to you on whatever decision you make

I'm trying to pretty much ignore the negative and remember that the unhappy usually speak loudest, and that this is just a tool. I still have to do my part. I think the ones who fail the most are those who expect the band to do all the work and them to be able to do whatever they want.