Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Bandsters - Let's Do This!

Just got my insurance approval! Secondary denied..BOO! Surgery on March 27! Pre-op diet going well-down 12#...

Hello everyone, my surgery date is March 31. I'm on day 2 of the 14 day liquid diet. I'm having the hardest time. I'm so hungry and so ready to chew my food instead of drinking it. Do anyone have any suggestions?

Hang in there. It does get easier. I'm on day 30 liquid pre and post op. Make sure you are getting enough Protein to keep you satisfied. When you start to have mental hunger, try doing something else to keep your mind busy.

It's hard, but it's not forever and it's so important for successful surgery.

-K

surgery date march 26 I'm so excited n nervous...my surgeon didnt require a preop diet but im trying one anyway ...tryna get the pounds off before surgery lol

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:15505]

<p>Hello everyone, my surgery date is March 31. I'm on day 2 of the 14 day liquid diet. I'm having the hardest time. I'm so hungry and so ready to chew my food instead of drinking it. Do anyone have any suggestions?</p>

I've found when I need to chew that Popsicles help curve the craving for solids. Hope that it helps you too!!!

Hi Everyone:

Had my lap band surgery on the 5th. Had to stay in the hospital for three days because my vitals were not stable. The operation took an hour longer than expected. The surgeon saidshe had a rough time getting it in. There has been no pain other than soreness. Didn't

take any pain meds. Had my post op yesterday and everything looked good. I had lost 10 lbs

since surgery. Have not felt hungry yet (waiting for the other shoe to drop lol). Get my first fill on the 8th of next month. Not nearly as bad as I expected. Good luck to all of you that are waiting.

Bill

Hi everyone. I made it to the other side this morning!

Just staying at my moms for the weekend hoping to be pampered while healing.... Not having any problems swallowing and don´t need to be especially careful about small sips. Still, I try to be mindful of not drinking to much at a time out of habit.

I´ve been having gas pains (not severe, just rub my shoulders and they are totally ok) and a bit of soreness in my tummy but totally no biggie :)

Anyways... congrats to those who just got their dates and happy to be banded... although don't really understand or believe what happened today haha

-Kuti

Good evening. I was banded today!!! Very smooth procedure. In for 8:20 and left around 1. I am feeling great. Little of that left shoulder pain and if I move too fast I feel it. But generally I it's gone great. I truly believe that being faithful in my pre-op diet was key. I dropped 26 lbs in two weeks. So now the next phase begins. I seriously feel I changed my life today!! And I'm worth it!!

Hi everyone. I made it to the other side this morning!

Just staying at my moms for the weekend hoping to be pampered while healing.... Not having any problems swallowing and don´t need to be especially careful about small sips. Still, I try to be mindful of not drinking to much at a time out of habit.

I´ve been having gas pains (not severe, just rub my shoulders and they are totally ok) and a bit of soreness in my tummy but totally no biggie :)

Anyways... congrats to those who just got their dates and happy to be banded... although don't really understand or believe what happened today haha

-Kuti

I'm useless at this! What I was trying to so was congratulate Kuti. We have the same band date!!!!!

<p>Any March 2014 Bandsters out there? My date is March 3. I've been trying out different Protein Powder mixes and I got my Magic Bullet blender ready for action. Other than that, just counting down. I hope there are others getting banded on my same timeline... are you as nervous as I am?</p> <p> </p> <p>- K</p>

Hello, I got banded on 3/17/2014! It's a challenge!

Congrats to all of the recently banded. It's 8 days post-op for me and my shoulder pain has been gone for two days. Feeling good, more energy, and sticking to my liquid diet faithfully. This is going to happen!

I'm 5 days post op and trying to get this thing figured out. My doc did a small fill during surgery. After surgery it was 2 days liquid, 2 days soft and then to regular post op diet. liquids are okay by themselves when I drink them slowly and I've eaten some small amounts of soft foods. Today I was supposed to go to regular food though. I made a baked eggroll though and couldn't handle it. So I guess no bread includes that. lol. Right now it feels like that one bite is bobbing up and down in my throat.

I'm four days post op. I got banded in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz, my experience was great. I have been trying to follow the liquid diet, how ever today I ate a few chunks from a can of Soup, although I chewed it until it's puréed. I didn't have any problems with that. Today was my first day to introduce milk. So I made an iced chai and added a little bit of milk, and equal.

Congrats to all of the recently banded. It's 8 days post-op for me and my shoulder pain has been gone for two days. Feeling good, more energy, and sticking to my liquid diet faithfully. This is going to happen!

Thank you for welcoming us!