Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Bandsters - Let's Do This!

Just left my preop appt with surgeon, Sugar buster pre-op diet starts today!!!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. My surgery is March 13. I start Clear liquids on the 8th. I'm excited but nervous. Good luck to all of us!

Congrats

My date is march 13th also. I'm excited about start a new journey. My doctor recommend sugar busters diet. It's been a little hard because I'm on vacation this week but I'm pushing forward.

I had pre-op appt yesterday! I have to start sugar busters diet today but surgery isn't until the 26! Then I have to do 2 days clear liquid before procedure! Good luck to all of you!! I know you all will do well as we all want this so badly!! It's not going to be easy but it's going to be great!!!

I'm getting my band placed March 11th!! I'm nervous / excited!!... This will be my first surgery EVER ????????

I am starting my pre-op diet tomorrow. I am probably more nervous about that than the surgery itself!

My Dr. does not require a pre-op diet. I asked him and he said most people fail and make themselves miserable.

I was told the pre-op Clear Liquids was to shrink my liver. Makes it smaller so that the laproscopic surgery is safer. They used to require two weeks of clear liquids ore-op, but had low compliance from patients, so they reduced it to five days and most people do it now. I'm gonna have the smallest liver he's ever seen. :P

Preop diet lost 17 lbs....

Surgery this morning at 8am.

Sip Water all day and walked several times and bathroom a few times...guess what.....I'm home...got released...had a friend drive me home....stopped for meds and feeling actually pretty good.

Took meds and Gas relief and feeling actually really surprisingly feel great.

Let's get this party started!!!

Congratulations! !! That's great. I'm so ready to be whew you are right now. :) I'm 4 days down on the pre-op diet and have dropped about 9 lbs. 10 days to go!

Welcome everyone.

All I have o say is the pre-op diet sucks!! It has not gotten any easy and just the thought of drinking another Isopure makes me sick. I feel drained, if I stand up to fast I get light headed and dizzy. What I wouldn't give to actually chew some food. If I had lost 15 pounds any other time I would have been totally excited, now I don't even care I just want a taco and I don't even like Mexican. And in case you couldn't tell it's making me a tad bit grumpy. Thankfully surgery is on Monday.

Valarie, have you tried Ensure Clear? I tried the peach one and it's not too bad. It was at my local grocery store. I'm not too fond of Isopure either, but I'm stocked up for the next five days. Tomorrow I'm getting myself lots of Jello, because they said I could have that too. I generally do not care for sweets -- mostly savory. I'm hoping I can get through this week with broths and these Protein drinks.

Edited by JustWatchMe

My husband bought me some unflavored Protein Powder today. I'm hoping I can just add that to my drinks and tomatoe Soup and get my Protein that way. I know this is only for a short time and I don't have a problem with protein. I just want it in meat form. Ugh just a few days until surgery and I can put this part behind me.