Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Bandsters - Let's Do This!

I just started my liquid pre-op diet. First day was ok... I'm on day two now. I almost didn't make dinner for the family last night because I didn't think I could handle being around actual food. But I told myself that I just need to overcome that because other people have to eat, and I can't just avoid being around food for 5-6 weeks. So I went ahead and made pulled pork and broccoli for the fam, and sipped a Soup myself during dinner. It wasn't too bad. The trick was to not be hungry as I cooked, so I sipped on a Protein drink during the preparation.

- K

I start mine this coming Monday. I already have everything bought and every single meal for 2 weeks planned out. Yes I know slightly OCD but if I don't plan ahead it's makes it easier to slip up. Keep me posted on how it's going. Most people say it gets easier by day 3.

Valarie what did you buy? I was thinking about placing an order with diet direct for Protein Drinks, shakes and Soups. I plan on only having protien drinks instead of regular juices. I know I'm gonna have problems with getting enough in later months because I am not a big meat eater. So I already know I'll have to supplement with a few drinks here and there. I've been making a list of things to buy here and there so I'll be prepared when it's time. And your not being too OCD! You're just setting your self up for success because any dieter knows the best way to be successful on any plan is to be PREPARED!

I see some people only get liquid pre-op and some actually get food as long as no sugars. What is yours Valarie? Kayzoog you're right we can't hide from food! We gotta learn how to be around it and be successful! You're on the right track. Cooking hungry is like grocery shopping hungry!

I see some people only get liquid pre-op and some actually get food as long as no sugars. What is yours Valarie? Kayzoog you're right we can't hide from food! We gotta learn how to be around it and be successful! You're on the right track. Cooking hungry is like grocery shopping hungry!

Mine is 2 weeks liquid. 70g Protein and 30 carbs. I got the Isopure. Its 40g protein and then I have Atkins drinks. Totals 70 of protein. I figure I can make up the carbs with sugar free popsicles and diet cranberry juice. I start next monday and I swear my body must know it's going to be deprived. I have been craving food like crazy this week.

I was going to buy Protein Powder and all that stuff but the guy at GNC said every customer he has for wls surgery gets the Isopure and the dietician recommended it as well. I figure I'll just see how it goes I can always buy the other stuff later.

So I got good news yesterday, the insurance approved the surgery. I wasn't able to get an official date but was told to start my 2 week pre-op diet. I'm getting so excited and nervous at the same time!

Congrats. So happy for you. I start mine on Monday.

Valarie good luck!

Edited by chrissy10

Yeah--I got to be a March bandster. I was supposed to be a December bandster, but my insurance was all messed up. But I have the approval in writing and got my surgery date of March 12, which means my pre-diet starts in 2 days. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences!

So. I am going in for an EGD tomorrow. I have already been on my preop diet for a week now.. A week before my diet I was sick and could not keep anything down. : ( since that week I have already lost 16 lbs.

Woo! Next week I am banded.

Edited by fghtffyrdmns

I go to the doctors tomorrow and they will schedule my surgery then. I am hoping for next week since they have had me on my pre-op diet since Saturday. Getting really excited.

I get banded on March 26!..I got so excited and forgot that I am signed up to resume working on my doctorate degree on April 3rd. I didn't even think about till my advisor called me today! My question is do you all think I will be able to start April 3 being 8 days post op. It's online classes but the doctoral program is pretty demanding, I wondering if I need to change my start date. I started working on it March of last year, my mom passed so I had to withdraw! Thought I was gonna start November classes and my dad passed!! No need to say I prob packed 30-35 lbs in that 8 month span!

I will also be working full-time as well!

Hello..banded date 3/6...next week...yes I'm trying to remind myself this is real!!!! It's happening..:)

I'm day 5 on pre - op diet....down 7 lbs. Which is exciting and scary all at same time.

SO NERVOUS....about what's ahead but very anxious and ready to see changes.

Good luck to all of the March Bandsters...looking forward to all of the updates.

Kim