Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Surgery!

I have 4 more days of Protein Shakes, 1 day of Clear Liquids and then it's surgery day! I'm excited, nervous and making tons of lists for next week. seems like so much to do and so little time. Plus the whole cleaning of the house from floor to ceiling this weekend.

Protein shakes today, fri, sat. Clear liquids sunday....surgery Monday! Wahooooooo

Edited by sarah.gibson

Tonight is my second night in the hospital and I am hurting. The built up gas in my belly mixed with the pain of the incisions is very uncomfortable. I haven't been hungry nor thirsty, although I am drinking sips of Water now. I started walking the hallway only 2 hours after surgery. How long before this gas passes? How long before people start to feel better?

Mine lasted the entire day I woke up the third day feeling almost normal just sore the best thing for the gas is just to walk a lot .

Same with me. 3rd day after...no gas pain at all, I was lucky, mine wasn't so bad anyway and I didn't gain a pound from the fluids and gas.

Same with me. 3rd day after...no gas pain at all, I was lucky, mine wasn't so bad anyway and I didn't gain a pound from the fluids and gas.

Had my final pre-op today. My surgeon said absolutely no pre made Protein Shakes or bars after surgery too fattening. Gave me a list of recipes for homemade ones. Low cal high Protein.

On day 10 of my liquid diet! Surgery is Monday... So excited! First 2 days of liquid were hard day 3 on was downhill from there. Im on a full liquid I don't get one meal a day :) 4 boost shakes and Water.< /p>

We are getting closer and closer. I have my final pre-op appt tomorrow. Then Monday our big day. So excited!!!dde03

I see my surgeon again tomorrow to weigh in an sign some paperwork. Will be cleaning and doing laundry and washing my bedding this weekend. Maybe a little more shopping. I wanted to get a heating pad for multiple reasons and still need to get gas x strips ad milk of magnesia
Kristina. Went to my final pre-op signed consent forms. Spent entire day at hospital more blood drawn, pee in a cup, chest X-rays and EKG. I'm shot tonight plus it's a 6 hr drive for me round trip. Nutritionist told me University of Iowa center for digestive diseases just raised the daily grams of Protein and carbs for Bariatric surgery patients to 100 grams per day. Holy Shit that scares me everyone on here is saying how hard it is to get 50 or 70 down. I asked why. They said people were not getting proper nutrition and it actually speeds up weight loss. OKkkk. If they say so!!!!

On day 10 of my liquid diet! Surgery is Monday... So excited! First 2 days of liquid were hard day 3 on was downhill from there. Im on a full liquid I don't get one meal a day :) 4 boost shakes and Water.< /p>

We are getting closer and closer. I have my final pre-op appt tomorrow. Then Monday our big day. So excited!!!dde03

Had my pre-op visit today took over 2 hrs hope the surgery goes quicker Surgery mon good luck to all!
My surgeons informed me today. Absolutely no store bought Protein Shakes or bars ever!!! Too many calories So they gave me a couple pages of high Protein smoothies to make at home that are very low cal and high in protein. Some sound really good. Even one that's supposed to taste like a margarita!!! Lol. Glad my 91 year old dad lives with me. Guess what his afternoon Snacks are going to be? Yep store bought Protein Drinks and Protein Bars. I will just throw a bit of ice cream in it and he won't know it's good for him!!! Lol.

My surgeons informed me today. Absolutely no store bought Protein Shakes or bars ever!!! Too many calories So they gave me a couple pages of high Protein smoothies to make at home that are very low cal and high in protein. Some sound really good. Even one that's supposed to taste like a margarita!!! Lol. Glad my 91 year old dad lives with me. Guess what his afternoon Snacks are going to be? Yep store bought protein drinks and protein bars. I will just throw a bit of ice cream in it and he won't know it's good for him!!! Lol.

Sounds yummy. Are you able to share via email?

2 more days of protein shakes followed by 1 day of clear liquids only and I am off to surgery. So excited! I am not nervous at all, is that weird?

Wow my nut and dr told me 60grams of Protein and 1200 calories a day

My surgeons informed me today. Absolutely no store bought Protein Shakes or bars ever!!! Too many calories So they gave me a couple pages of high Protein smoothies to make at home that are very low cal and high in protein. Some sound really good. Even one that's supposed to taste like a margarita!!! Lol. Glad my 91 year old dad lives with me. Guess what his afternoon Snacks are going to be? Yep store bought protein drinks and protein bars. I will just throw a bit of ice cream in it and he won't know it's good for him!!! Lol.

2 more days of protein shakes followed by 1 day of clear liquids only and I am off to surgery. So excited! I am not nervous at all, is that weird?

Good Morning Sarah, yes I am up for e-mail. Mine is nebrfan19@hotmail.com. Let me know if you'd like copies of protein recipes.< /p>

Good Morning Sarah, yes I am up for e-mail. Mine is nebrfan19@hotmail.com. Let me know if you'd like copies of protein recipes.< /div>

THANK YOU :) Emailing you now :)

5:45 am is my time Monday! Picking up my actigall, B12 shots, and zofran now.

Good Morning Sarah, yes I am up for e-mail. Mine is nebrfan19@hotmail.com. Let me know if you'd like copies of protein recipes.< /div>

THANK YOU :) Emailing you now :)

I'd love to get those recepies .. sound awesome :)

Tonight is my second night in the hospital and I am hurting. The built up gas in my belly mixed with the pain of the incisions is very uncomfortable. I haven't been hungry nor thirsty, although I am drinking sips of Water now. I started walking the hallway only 2 hours after surgery. How long before this gas passes? How long before people start to feel better?

:

Feel better????

4 days away! liquid diet is going ok. Anyone else feeling super sensitive? Today was rough, felt like everyone had something shitty to say. I don't know if it's just me cause I'm freakin hungry & my hormones feel like they are all over the place? I swear I could cry. I'm usually not a downer.

Aw I hope you feel better, I start pre op diet Sunday for surger on 31st and I already warned my husband I'm going to be cranky and hungry