Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 29 th 2014 surgery

April 29 here too. Yay. I can't wait. Using University General in Houston with Dr Said Bina through Neweigh Still have nine more lbs to loose before next week and that's stressing me out. I can't wait to get this surgery over and get going with my new life

Did they give you an amount of weight you had to lose before surgery?

10-15 lbs. So far I'm down five. Five to go and three days to do it??? I'm worried.

Me too! April 29 in Oklahoma

Who is your surgeon?

10-15 lbs. So far I'm down five. Five to go and three days to do it??? I'm worried.

I'm sorry they did that to you! I wasn't told I had to lose anything. I hope it goes alright for you! That's crazy that the pit those limits on you. I think that encourages dehydration. Make sure you drink a lot of Water and stick to Proteins.

Hey I'm April 29th as well!

I too can't wait to get this done! I'm really excited, and oddly, not worried about it.

Our booklet says we needed to lose 5-10% of our excess weight, which is a pretty small amount, and do the prep diet for two weeks - and so far I"ve lost 13 pounds. Saw the doc last week and he poked around and said he couldn't find my liver, which is what he wants - lol. Said the prep diet is working and means it's not enlarged, but has diminished in size.

Also this guy does the leak test while he's still got us on the table, so while apparently i'll be stuck with drain(s) and they use a catheter (ick!) I at least won't have to worry about waiting for the post up leak test. Take chapstick folks - that's what they say helps the most.

Also someone said to take a small insulated cup for ice chips to keep them cold longer.

Yippee! Almost there!!

I'm the 29th as well! Excited, nervous, anxious, irritated and any other emotion you can think of. So much going on, school (last 3 weeks of nursing school), my mom's failing had to start hospice today, brother that lives with her giving me grief and no help, working part time, husband and kids. Everything getting under my skin, I refuse to postpone.

Preop diet consists of thee shakes a day. Ultramet, not too bad, and Water or low, no calories beverage. So jealous of those if you who can eat, but almost over.

My doctor uses drains, catheter, and leak test and swallow test. Looks like I'm in for some fun.

Stay strong, keep posting, love reading them!

I'm sorry they did that to you! I wasn't told I had to lose anything. I hope it goes alright for you! That's crazy that the pit those limits on you. I think that encourages dehydration. Make sure you drink a lot of Water and stick to Proteins.

I'm doing all Protein liquids and 100 ozs of Water

Trying so hard. I have to go to a picnic tomorrow. That's gonna be hard

I'm so excited and yet so nervous at the same time.

We have quite a few of us that are on the 29th! I'm on Clear Liquids tomorrow! Hope it goes perfectly for all of you! So happy to find this site so we can stick together for a while through this process!

I'm actually getting real nervous about it! Yesterday I was driving to work and I had second thoughts. Luckily I had a few people who reassured me that it was the best decision that they've made so I feel so much better and confident about this.

Did anyone have problems finding the right Vitamins? I was looking up the exact dosage I needed and the guy at GNC was absolutely no help.

I had a few moments yesterday where I got nervous but a friend reminded me that I've been researching for a long time and I know what I'm doing. I'll be fine

That's just what I needed to hear. Now I'm sup excited

I'm actually getting real nervous about it! Yesterday I was driving to work and I had second thoughts. Luckily I had a few people who reassured me that it was the best decision that they've made so I feel so much better and confident about this. Did anyone have problems finding the right Vitamins? I was looking up the exact dosage I needed and the guy at GNC was absolutely no help.

Vitamins. I just went to the drug store to pick up what I need. I take two chewable Multivitamins (children's), Vit B 12 (dissolves under the tongue), I got some Iron (only one I didn't get chewable), vit C, and citrical chewables. I've been told that if you get bariatric vitamins you don't need to take as many since they have all of the stuff in them. I didn't get them because I already had so many vitamins at home to use up. And they cost a bunch more.

I can't stop reading the threads! I'm getting nervous. So nervous that I'm not even starving from the liquid diet today! Ready to get this over with!

I feel as though today has dragged on. I've been so excited about it and it seems to go on and on. Tomorrow is going to drag on as well just because I have to be there two hours before surgery! But oh my goodness, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!!

I'm too excited to sleep!

I've spent all day getting everyone prepared for me to be out of comission.

Now I'm ready to go. Just had a bow of chicken noodle Soup and some Gatorade. I may have a little more Gatorade later but I am totally ready

Bring it on. I'm ready for the rest of my life

Well guys, here we go! It's hard to believe I'll sleep with surgery tomorrow, but then that will be the easy part. I'm not scheduled until 2pm, and was told not even a drink of Water from 6am on. I'd rather an early morning one so I could sleep through it, but I guess someone has to go late in the day, eh? I hope all of you do well and have blissfully routine an dun eventful surgeries! See you all tomorrow -- sleeved!

Kate