Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biggest loser winner

Did anyone else think Rachel looked terribly thin?? The look on Jiliian's face said it clearly. I have a bad feeling she could be my next admission on my unit (I work as an RN in the eating disorders unit) yikes! I am so up and down about this show!

What are your thoughts ?

I knew she would win.. I didn't watch it last night but I think Jillian looks unhealthy . sometimes in order to win this thing they go overboard.. Hopefully she will not become anorexic..

How tall is she? 105 seems very small... And having lost weight, and gained it back (as so many of us have!) I'm not concerned about what's attainable, but what's maintainable. I imagine it will be very difficult for her to be able to work out enough and eat small enough portions to maintain 105. To me, she looks almost emaciated. Of course, it is terribly sad that she will be criticized either way. I hope she can find peace, health and happiness.

I used to watch the Biggest Loser religiously. That was until I started seeing all the stories about what goes on behind the scenes. Former contestants saying they were not given the kind of support and counseling they needed to be truly successful. (long term) The show is a contest, plain and simple. The biggest loser wins. People who are morbidly obese will have ( the majority of the time) a lifetime of unhealthy eating habits and emotional baggage. You cannot just saw "eat healthier and exercise" and not take into account the mental aspect of losing weight, it is a recipe for disaster. So the idea that a contestant would take things too far in losing weight does NOT surprise me. I did not see the show, but I would bet money that this lady now has another eating disorder. Just like what can happen after WLS, she traded addictions. It is a sad thing.

Ali Vincent, a past season winner said in an interview that when she won her season that she stopped gettinf her period. She was obsessive about it and she had health issues while she was that thin.

She said the same thing..it was a contest. .she did what she had to do to win it. Even if it meant losing her period.

I stopped watching years back because of this. Its unrealistic.

The Biggest Loser has always been about showing us how to find balance and live healthy. I was so disappointment in how emaciated all three of the finalists were, especially Racheal. For someone to have been trained by some of the greatest fitness instructors in the world she lacked muscle definition and her skin was practically falling off her. She looked like she had been on a Water fast since she came home from the ranch.

I think that if this is the outcome they're going to support on that show I am done. I hate how canned and scripted that show has gotten anyways. Jillian sounds as if she's just repeating a bunch of sound bites, pre-thought out inspirational quotes for the camera. It all seems so... unauthentic these days.

I was appalled by how emaciated both Rachel and Bobby looked. They both looked like their heads were too big for their necks to support. I think they both were trying very hard to win the $250,000 prize and hopefully will gain some weight now that the contest part is over. If you see some past winners they usually look like they gain some weight back after the finale is over and are just trying to squeeze every pound out for the finale.

I do not agree with everyone else about the show itself. I love to watch this show and find it very inspirational to see how much stronger everyone gets over the course of the months the show is on. People who can barely walk are jogging and lifting weights by the end. I like to watch the show while working out because it gives me that extra oomph needed to workout harder.

I thought I had read a while back that in preparation for the grand finale show the last contestants do a dehydration type of diet like body builders do before competition to show muscle definition. I think it was in one of Jillian's diet books.

That can cause a large Water weight loss. I have a friend who does the diet for bikini contests who is so tiny to begin with and she can go down 10 lbs that week before comps.

I thought all three if those last contestants looked very dehydrated, their mouths looked so dry.

She really didn't look healthy at all - I know the money is a big motivator, but wow. When they left the ranch, she looked fit and healthy.

Ali Vincent, a past season winner said in an interview that when she won her season that she stopped gettinf her period. She was obsessive about it and she had health issues while she was that thin.

She said the same thing..it was a contest. .she did what she had to do to win it. Even if it meant losing her period.

I stopped watching years back because of this. Its unrealistic.

thats not really all that unusual. my friend didnt have a regular period while she was in the army. when she weighed what the army wanted her to weigh, she was clearly underweight. it also happened to 2 friends of mine who were regular runners. the female human body is designed to have some fat on it.

This show sets some of these people up for failure...she needs to put at least 20lbs back on...BEING MORBIDLY obese and SKANTLY SKINNY is not sexy. and for those who say Jillian should have talked to her from my understanding Jillian wasn't her trainer but her look told it all when Rachel came out...she just doesn't look healthy at all..nothing about her looks good and to think so many people who stride to look like that HOW SAD.. look at this article on past winners http://healthyeater.com/biggest-loser-then-now

I saw the show, and Rachael looks sick. She looked so bad, I called my mother to make her turn her TV so she could see how bad she looked. I hope that she rewatches the Finale episode and sees what the rest of the world saw, and gets back on track to being healthy. She lost the weight which is wonderful, but that is not a healthy or sexy image that I would want my daughter to see. Good luck to her though.