Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone reach goal yet?

I've read a lot about the road to goal but I'm wondering is there anyone out there that has reached goal with the band and has maintained it for awhile? Tell us your story.

I have been at goal for some months now, and have had my reconstructive surgery.

I was banded at 135kg / 297lbs, and over the course of 18 months lost about 165lbs. After my abdominoplasty, I lost a further 14lbs (not due to the abdominoplasty, but actual weight loss, I only lost about a pound or there about during the skin removal)

After losing the weight, my goals changed. I am no longer focused on losing weight, but on living the healthiest lifestyle I can, that includes exercise, and a balanced diet.

I am not really sure what else to say. Losing weight, and getting to goal is fantastic. But, it's not what I want to be be remembered for. I want my life to be so much more, and I am well on my way to doing that. Losing weight was just phase 1.

I reached my goal of 150 pounds on New Years Eve. I have lost a total of 132 pounds. I went skiing with my husband and children for the first time over New Years. I can cross my legs comfortably, buy clothes in "regular" stores, and climn a flight of stairs without being winded. My life is happier, I have a better out look on life. I hope everyone gets to this point!

I have been within a couple pounds of goal for several months now. It seems to be maintained pretty well . . . even with pregnancy. I have loosened up my diet with pregnancy but I don't seem to be gaining.

I changed my goal by adding 10 more pounds to lose. I am 1 pound from my original goal and 11 pounds from my new goal.

Reached goal and am maintaing...hey, it's actually been a year!

My goal was 150lbs. In January 08 that goal was met. A few months later I went in for an unfill so I'd stop losing. 140lbs.

Now I'm 136lbs. I go up to 140 (maybe 141) but then come down again. So +/- 5 pounds is fine for me.

There's really nothing to tell, I was/am a classic textbook case. Got the band, followed the instruction booklet and lost weight. (I've had a surgeon and doctors and I take their advice as well- or I try to)

I reached my goal weight back in September, but have continued to lose weight. I'm now in a maintenance phase, which has taken some getting used to. I'm loving the new found freedoms in my life and the ability to do what I want to without having to think negative thoughts about my body.

The aim now is to stay fit and healthy - no more sleep apneoa, high blood pressure and general lack of motivation.