Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz/OCC in less than one month!

In 25 days I will have my new sleeve done by Dr. Ariel Ortiz on 2/17/14. I'm getting so excited. The further it was, the more nervous I was. The closer it gets the more excited I get. I think I'm prepared and ready. I got this! :D

They told me pre-op diet 2 wks before but I want to make sure I lose my 10% weight so I think I may start my pre-op diet next week, even though I will be on vacation in Disneyworld and Key West next week.

Let me know how it goes I'll be going 3 wks after that. I'm so excited for you!!!!

ii fly out on saturday for the OCC. Im staying in the marriott a day earlier than i need to so i can get an idea of the area around me...plus it was $70 cheaper for me to fly on saturday instead of sunday, and id rather spend the extra $70 on a night at the marriott in TJ rather than freezing here in Philly :)

The shuttle just picked me up from the airport. I have today and tmw to think about how crazy I am. I go in on Monday at 6:10am. Starting to freak a little like what am I doing! I think I was so busy researching the logistics of things that I failed to think about the emotional side of things. The good thing is a fellow sleever I met on here is having the surgery same day as me down here and she will arrive tmw so I will have a friend. But right now I think I need to run to my hotel room and have a good cry about what I am about to do! Who's idea was it for me to go to Mexico for major surgery?!! Lol...kinda ;)

You will do great! But feel free to cry away. I'm sure it's scary to be there by yourself, but the Marriott staff is really friendly and you will meet fellow sleevers on Monday. Our gang of 5 (plus Slvrsax for a short time :)) had a fun 3 days bonding and kinda travelled in a "pack".

You will do great! But feel free to cry away. I'm sure it's scary to be there by yourself, but the Marriott staff is really friendly and you will meet fellow sleevers on Monday. Our gang of 5 (plus Slvrsax for a short time :)) had a fun 3 days bonding and kinda travelled in a "pack".

kindle, they told me there is a Walmart nearby...is it within walking distance? ok to walk or should i take taxi? never been in MX before, can you tell?! lol i only brought a carry on so i need some items that i couldnt bring and i could really use a stretch of the leg after 8 hrs on a plane today!

My sister and I walked to the Walmart several times. You make a right after you exit the front of the Marriott and it's up the hill about 1/2 mile. You are walking along a major highway and have to cross one busy street, so to me, the traffic was the most "dangerous" part. Not sure about walking completely alone, though. The husband of a fellow patient walked several places by himself, but one, he's a guy, and two, he spoke Spanish. I'd ask the bell hops in the lobby what they recommend.

My sister and I walked to the Walmart several times. You make a right after you exit the front of the Marriott and it's up the hill about 1/2 mile. You are walking along a major highway and have to cross one busy street, so to me, the traffic was the most "dangerous" part. Not sure about walking completely alone, though. The husband of a fellow patient walked several places by himself, but one, he's a guy, and two, he spoke Spanish. I'd ask the bell hops in the lobby what they recommend.

I just made the trek myself...it wasnt bad, i went in the afternoon. It's a nice walk, i'll be doing that again. :) I just met 3 other people at the pool area who had surgery with dr. ariel ortiz and the OCC yesterday and they are doing great. it was nice to bump into them and hear more positive things about the OCC and helps solidify in my mind the decision i am making! :)

I just made the trek myself...it wasnt bad, i went in the afternoon. It's a nice walk, i'll be doing that again. :) I just met 3 other people at the pool area who had surgery with dr. ariel ortiz and the OCC yesterday and they are doing great. it was nice to bump into them and hear more positive things about the OCC and helps solidify in my mind the decision i am making! :)

Just had My surgery this morning. Feeling okay, mostly tired some pain. Tried to get up and walk and walked around about 20 steps bc my legs were really wobbly and unsteady. Thanks for Sharing about your experience

How are you doing today? Welcome to the sleeved side! Post an up date when you can...

How are you doing today? Welcome to the sleeved side! Post an up date when you can...

thanks for asking, hoosier. I was the second one to go in for surgery yesterday in the morning around 11am. they had a really hard time finding a vein for bloodwork and IV, i already have tiny veins to begin with so on top of not drinking Water, that was a pretty painful experience. i walked around more today, but i was just so tired. got back to hotel and fell asleep for a half hour here, half our there. i cant tell if what im feeling is pain pain, or gas pain. i think what im feeling is pain pain on the left side where the drain is. ive gotten in about 3 1/2 cups of water in so far today, still sipping away. not really hungry.. im debating on taking my pain medicine but the instructions say wait til tonight to take first dose so im trying to hold off. i waned to go walking around stores, but now i think im gonna hold off until tmw to do that. i dont want to push myself too much

thanks for asking, hoosier. I was the second one to go in for surgery yesterday in the morning around 11am. they had a really hard time finding a vein for bloodwork and IV, i already have tiny veins to begin with so on top of not drinking Water, that was a pretty painful experience. i walked around more today, but i was just so tired. got back to hotel and fell asleep for a half hour here, half our there. i cant tell if what im feeling is pain pain, or gas pain. i think what im feeling is pain pain on the left side where the drain is. ive gotten in about 3 1/2 cups of water in so far today, still sipping away. not really hungry.. im debating on taking my pain medicine but the instructions say wait til tonight to take first dose so im trying to hold off. i waned to go walking around stores, but now i think im gonna hold off until tmw to do that. i dont want to push myself too much

Congrats! I was the only one in my group that didn't have drain pain at first. Felt awesome the day I was discharged. Then the next day when they changed the drain dressing, they discovered I had a clot in my drain and when they suctioned it out, it moved the drain around and then I felt it! Sharp pain that was somewhat positional depending on how I moved. Went away when they pulled the drain.

As for walking, when I was too tired to go all the way to Walmart, I actually did laps of the floors. The halls are in a circle so I would do a lap, go down the stairwell, do another lap then down to the next floor and eventually down to the lobby. That way I got out of my room but wasn't too far away to jump on the elevator and head back if I got tired. Or head down to the restaurant and get a cup of chicken Soup to go and you can sip it back in your room.

You're doing great!

You are doing great!!! I was unbelievably tired for about 10 days. Sounds like your soreness might be the drain or leftover gas? Maybe swelling?

Good job on getting your walking in!! You are doing all the right things to make you successful. Just go with the program and the weight will slide off.

The drinking will come. Don't want to get dehydrated! Keep going - you are doing great!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Everyone was right when they said I wouldnt really be alone when i came, even if i came alone. it was nice meeting everyone yesterday. only thing id with id done is get their contact information before we left the OCC so i could email them and see if someone wanted to go for a walk or sit by the pool or something. A little lonely in that sense. But hopefully i will bump into someone tonight :) I am getting better with reminding myself to drink, the only problem is i take a giant swig, then realize i'll kill myself if i try to swallow that all at once. so i sitt here and keep the Water in my mouth and do 4 smaller swallows lol got in 3 cups this morning, half bowl Soup, a few sips of tea, and a cup and half of water this afternoon.

Feeling even better right now. Got my drain taken Out and that was causing a lot of pain, I realize now. Tomorrow is day four post surgery and means I get to have liquid yogurt and creamy Soup. I am so excite to have something other than broth and Water :) lol