Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi all. I'll second Gerri and Siepie about the meet up. I now know who i am "talking" to. Fill went well. Got 2mls in an 8ml band (info courtesy of LC as I forgot to ask!). Very strange feeling but hopefully it will give me more restriction. On liquids for today and tomorrow so won't really know until I start eating again.

Lc thanks for keeping me company and the lift!

Got home safe and sound. Hope you all did too.

Should really go and do some work :thumbup:

Great to meet you all yesterday! Thanks to Elsie and Marge for the lifts - I would have been totally lost without the two of you. We should try and arrange meet ups more often, it was great to get to chat to you all without having to worry about my spelling!

Will be checking my work schedule today so I can book in with Dr DeB ASAP

Siepie

Hi Siepie,

It was lovely to meet you all. Defo on a regular meet up, particularly when so many of you have to come to Dublin on the same day. Keep us informed of the date you choose, so we can all do the countdown together, it would be good if you and Marge can go together.

Terry,

You are looking so skinny, and your son is just adorable.:thumbup:. Don't be afraid of that tahini paste, the good it does your body far outweighes the fat it has in it.

Marge,

Decision made, check, Deposit paid, check, Date confirmed, check. Oh my god has it sunk in yet.:rolleyes::lol:.

Hi all, after some discussion, the moderators agreed that your thread no longer fell under the category of an "introduction" which is why it was agreed we would move it. We did leave a "redirect" in the introductions forum, but as there have been so many new intros recently, it probably moved quite a bit down the page.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for that, you're quite right about the category "introductions". And now that you have seen our thread is it possible that we could have Thread dedicated to Lap Band Support in Ireland, as you will have noticed we talk about a range of subjects relating to lap bands and it would be nice if we could separate some of the discussions or start new ones so that we could keep track of all conversations.:thumbup::smile:

Hi Terry Here, Thanks Coco, Looking Good Your Self, It Was Lovely To Meet You All Putting A Face To The Names Keep Up The Good Work Girls Talk Later Terry

Hello Everyone

It was great meeting you all. Talking to you really boosted the courage. Onwards to Belgium. I'm sure I'll get scared again and again untill it's done but I am resolved to do this. By the time CdeB is in Dublin again I'll be banded!!

Talk again soon

Marge

Hi Susan,

Thanks for that, you're quite right about the category "introductions". And now that you have seen our thread is it possible that we could have Thread dedicated to Lap Band Support in Ireland, as you will have noticed we talk about a range of subjects relating to lap bands and it would be nice if we could separate some of the discussions or start new ones so that we could keep track of all conversations.:tt1::smile:

Fair play Coco:thumbup: did you see we have our own Lap Band Support in Ireland now, it'll make it alot easier to find, plus it'll be easier for newbies to find. The threads very quiet last few days where is everyone, loads of people havent posted in weeks:whatchutalkingabout

Love Lil

Edited by lil

hi girls , terry here. Got word back from the surgeon in Prague she said i need a Tummy Tuck and Lipo on my love handles because i hadnt got elasticity in my skin. She has the 10 of June available but the only problem is i have to stay between 7 to 10 days. I could do 7 at a push but not 10 . 2400 for the tummy tuck and 600 for the lipo , 500 for 2 people for 10 nights in an apartment next door. 150 for 2 flights. Over all not a bad price . I am very nervous as its all so real now . talk later ...terry

hi girls , terry here. Got word back from the surgeon in Prague she said i need a Tummy Tuck and Lipo on my love handles because i hadnt got elasticity in my skin. She has the 10 of June available but the only problem is i have to stay between 7 to 10 days. I could do 7 at a push but not 10 . 2400 for the tummy tuck and 600 for the lipo , 500 for 2 people for 10 nights in an apartment next door. 150 for 2 flights. Over all not a bad price . I am very nervous as its all so real now . talk later ...terry

Wow thats cheap fair play to you, I'd be very nervous too but it'll be worth it when you see the end result:thumbup:

Edited by lil

Hello everyone saw this on another thread and thought it was very interesting I never knew this before. Its from a US thread so alot of the medication doesn't relate to us in Ireland.

There are several non-prescription and prescription medications that you should not take unless you receive permission and instruction from us in how to take them. Among the medications in this category are all arthritis medications, aspirin, and aspirin- containing products, including many cold medications. Alka Seltzer®, BC powders®, Goody powders®, Bufferin®, Ascriptin®, and many other medications that contain aspirin or salicylate compounds are prohibited. These can greatly irritate your stomach pouch and cause a number of serious problems. You should also avoid taking Nuprin®, Advil®, Aleve®, ibuprofen, or other over-the-counter arthritis pain or menstrual cramp medications. If you have any questions about whether a prescription medication or a non prescription medication contains aspirin or other stomach-irritating compounds, check with your doctor or pharmacist. Do not take any of these medications unless you have first spoken with your surgeon or someone from the bariatric surgery team for permission and instructions on how an exception might be made in your case.

hello all

im a blast from the past so of you who dont know me i was banded dec 06 and all has gone to plan lost weight at rate that at times was like the tortoise and the hare race (me being the tortoise)was over all happy though as it was coming down ,then very unexpectantly i got pregnant with my 5th child back in april this year with a 64 pound loss with 38 to go til target ...i was devastated!!!!

couldnt believe that i would gain back weight and have to start again...as time passed though i was excited and at 10 weeks i had complete defill and just concentrated on pregnancy ,but while at first the defill did its job and i was able to eat more i never gained i kept steadily losing half a stone a month and it didnt worry me as baby growing well and i was still overweight when i got to around 30 weeks i was getting really tight and only Soups and liquids staying down and i struggled along making it to 37 weeks by which at that stage could hardly keep Water down and had been in hospital on a drip as i was so dehydrated but at 38 weeks they induced me and i gave birth to beautiful baby boy 7lb 5oz (kai)and he's perfect .

i had lost weight whole way through pregnancy and so i didnt think i was carrying much baby weight as i had an excuse for a bump but i was because after my weight plummeted and ive lost in total 130 pounds and am actually trying to gain back about 14 to look healthier.

im feeling fine now though and am able to eat meals again still no joy with meat though yet i never have since band and not too much bread a slice ok though.

great thing is though i have been referred to surgeon by gynae doctor to have barium meal studies to check that all is working well so i will have peace of mind .

i have been reading all posts in here but with being pregnant that has been my focus so now he here safe and well i will be back to looking after myself.

loritha ....it lovely to see you back posting will give you a call soon when i finally remember to get number from paulina who said she had it .

take care girls you all doing great ....dont worry about time it takes you all get there in the end...........xxx

Hi Nikki welcome back and congrats on the arrival of baby Kai (beautiful name:smile:). Can't imagine what you went through finding out you were pregnant after having the band I think I'd die:crying: but you have a beautiful baby boy now. I was banded January 2007 and am getting there slowly, its very frustrating but as you say we'll all get there in the end. Keep posting, dont know whats happening to the thread but very few are posting lately:huh2: Luv Lil xxx

Hi Every

Great to meet you last week and Elsie thanks a mill for the lift.

Lil, has the band settled down? Did you need a defill in the end or what happened?

Nikki, well done I cant believe you managed to keep losing despite the pregnancy. You must be so pleased with yourself. Congrats on the arrival of baby Kai. I suspect running around after 5 children is also helping you keep your weight down.

Terry, good luck to you in your decision making. I hope all goes well for you. Im dying to hear your impressions of her. She sounds like an interesting lady, had a baby in "Leaving Cert" and still went on to become a doctor. Then emigrated to Canada as as asylum seeker with the baby, started off working as a cleaner while she was waiting to get her medical degree accredited there and then got into plastics.

I'm in better humour today, finally the swelling post-lipo seems to be shifting and I'm down 4-5 lbs, only 7 lbs to my (first ) goal of BMI 25 now, thank the Lord.

All the best

Ellen

Hi Every

I'm in better humour today, finally the swelling post-lipo seems to be shifting and I'm down 4-5 lbs, only 7 lbs to my (first ) goal of BMI 25 now, thank the Lord.

All the best

Ellen

Hi Ellen well done on the weight loss your doing brill. I replied to your PM thanks for asking after me. Wow that surgeon certainly did well for herself after such a rocky start didn't she fair play to her. Keep up the good work

Love Lil xx

Hi All

Foe any of the Brussells 'bandies' Is it best to fly Aer Lingus or Ryanair . Ryanair is uaually miles out. advice welcome.

Thanks

Marge

Hi All

Foe any of the Brussells 'bandies' Is it best to fly Aer Lingus or Ryanair . Ryanair is uaually miles out. advice welcome.

Thanks

Marge

Ryanair flies to the airport furthur out of town. We flew in and because we didn't know our way around got a taxi to vilvoorde. Mistake! It cost us 120 euro!:purplebananna:

On the way home we had sussed out the trains etc so we got a train to charleroi town and there is a shuttle bus from charleroi station to the airport (about 10 mins). Total cost was about 7 euro for both of us for the train (takes about an hour) and 2 euro for the bus.

So if you fly ryanair just go out of the airport and you'll see a sign for the bus. Get the bus to charleroi train station and look for the train to Antwerp which goes straight to Vilvoorde. The train station is literally across the road from the Campenile hotel if that is where you are staying.