Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi folks,

Hope all of you had a good weekend. My appointment is for 2.30pm on Thursday so probably won't get to see ye, best of luck with the fills. Looking forward to the weight loss speeding up again.

Hello ladies it is so great to be back on the site after more than a 2 month absense. Firstly I was off getting married (I was 5 stone less exactly on my wedding day than when I got banded last May '07, which was brill!), then sure I had to go off on hooneymoon and then sure I've been in bed sick as a dog cos I managed to make myself a honeymoon baby!!!! Yes - a baby!!!

So delighted as this is the exact reason why I made the decision to get the band and although it took me 5 months and until 7ml to get to any sort of restriction and real sucess with the band it has all been so worth it(newbies you can see my struggles earlier in this thread).

Now I haven't had a chance to read back over all the pages I've missed but I'll do that now and catch up on all the gossip and scandel.

Alesha, thinking of you in the run up to your wedding!!! Not long now. It is the best day ever and you are going to look fab with all the weight loss. Dying to meet up and do show and tell with you after the big day!!!

Would love to talk to any Irish ladies who are banded and pregnant or have had a band baby so I can discuss band issues. I haven't had a meal in 7 weeks and I am so head hungry. Existing on very fruitey smoothies and flat lucozade at the moment but I have such head hunger, and holly 123 you'll appreciate this - all I can think of is a bite of a juicy steak!!!

I'm definately on for a meet up if there is one arranged and looking forward to meeting all the new members that there seems to be on the site in the last few months. Ok so I'm off to read the last 30 pages of this thread!!!

Congratulation allure

what success - and a baby on the way !!! I know nikki32 is a banded baby lady just gave birth a few weeks ago and lost weight all the way . I think there is a dedicated Pregnant bandsters thread.

Looking forwardto seeing you post again its been quiet here for the last few weeks

Well congrats again best of luck in your new married life .

Hey Allure,:smile:

Just adding my congratulations although I've spoken to you about your fab news already. I've been dying for you to announce it here and I hope you get some great advice from other banded mothers.:crying::thumbup: You will have to start a dedicated thread on here just so we can all keep up with your news over the next months. Call it your banded pregnancy diary.:crying:

Talks soon.:lol:

Hi all,

Allure many congratulations on your news you must be thrilled. Its fantastic that you are starting your pregnancy 5 stone down it will be much healthier for you and the baby. The doctors told me after I had my son 4 years ago that it would be dangerous for me to have another child at my weight!

I've hit the four stone down mark on my scales so I'm pleased, hopefully ACS scales will agree with mine when I go tomorrow for my fill.

Congratulations Allure. What wonderful news.:rolleyes2: Hi girls its been very quiet on here for the past week. well its fill day tomorrow so looking forward to it ,if any of you folks are there in the morning,ll be the one in the white/gold runners. hope everyone dosnt decide to wear theirs:lol:

talk soon roe.

congratulations allure, that's such a happy inspiring story. I'm hoping to lose weight to have another baby too, planning on trying again at the end of this year. I'm only 2 stone down in 6 months after my op, so hoping to get some real restriction now with my next fill. I was also told that I was too heavy to have a baby after my first one, Gerri! It's not nice, but hopefully now we'll start to see loads more good stories like Allure's, wow, 5 stone I dream about it!

PrincessLK

xx

Hi all!

Had a big wardrobe clear out yesterday. Am down one size for sure and not far off 2 sizes. Chucked out all the bigger sizes as I am NEVER going back their again. I have a load of clothes from the last time I got down to a size 20 and I'm nearly in them. They are sitting in the wardrobe waiting for me!

Hope you are all doing well. I'd love to be going for a fill today but can't get the time off so I'll have to wait until next month. But the weight is still going down at a reasonable rate so i'm happy!

Ladies, thanks for all the congratulations!!! I have to say that I have been so sick that I haven’t had the chance to get caught up in the joy of celebrating as I have been too sick and more thinking “am I going to die!!!”.

Coco – great idea about starting up a pregnancy diary as I’m sure there are many of my fellow banders who like me took the decision to get banded in anticipation of loosing weight to have a healthy pregnancy and will be joining me in pregnancy over the next year or two. It will encourage others on the site from different countries too to share their experience too. Princess LK you will hopefully join me there later in 2008!!!

Loriha – you are so right about Nikki32 as Coco was telling me recently that she had a little boy. I will PM her and see if I can get in touch for advice. I did check out the dedicated pregnancy thread but then my internet went down so I will check it out again today

Gerri – well done you on 4 stone down, good luck with the weigh in and fill today and let us know how you get on

Roe – good luck to you too today!! If I wasn’t ill and bead ridden I would have popped in to meet you lot for a cuppa as I am dying to put faces to names! It is also a good idea when people meet up that they bring their before photos as they really act as inspiration for those who are starting out, stalling or just those trying to decide whether banding is right for them so remember that when you are meeting up!

Aleisha – I just read about your poor toe!! You poor love. However, knowing you there is nothing, not even a broken toe that would keep you from boogeing on your wedding day!! I wrote you a big long email with loads of advice yesterday and managed to erase it instead of send it and so I just went “B**k that!! I’ll talk to you next time we meet again!!”

Edited by allure

Back from my fill. We didnt have to go to the basement today, we must be getting the royal treatment, what a cute Dr :tt2:,and he was so nice and friendly. i could have spent an hour there, he can look for my port any day.:tt1: He gave me a 1ml and half. he even gave the girl before me 2 ml, I would be afraid to get the 2 ml.I told him Id be back next month if it didnt work. met a girl there that was banded the week after me and she had lost 5 plus stone and only 1ml in her band.what will power. Didnt meet anyone there from here. but I think Laura you were after me, were you all in black going back to work u were called in before we got to talk. Hope everyone else injoyed their fill as much as I did. talk soon roe.

Allure: Welcome back. Congratulations on the great baby news. I'm so happy for you.

Ailbhe: You still seem to be doing great with the weightloss. Can't wait till i'm dumping clothes. I have every size in my wardrobe waiting on me.

Only 3 more weeks to fill. All my willpower is gone at this stage. I'm just hoping I can maintain at the very least.

How were the exams?

Roe: Best of luck with that fill. Was it Dr. DeBruyne doing them?

Elsie

Hi all

Im due to go to brussels on monday to get my band done and paid for the flights and put a deposit for the hotel and paid for the surgery in full, and now it might be cancelled, the woman organising it said the doctor might be sick,,.. after me payin for it already and takin the time off work and my boyfriend did too - worked around my schedule only to be told it might be cancelled. so lettin me no sat night. thats not much good now is it?

that means ill have to go back to work, my boyfriend cant coz he has 2 take hols and book the surgery again, and book more time off work and more than likely pay a hell of alot more for flights,

she said she would compensate me for My flight not my boyfriends.

can they cancel is so close to the date?

wouldnt it be just easier to get another doctor to do it?

Im so upset over it all, have it booked with months and then she does this..

help.....

Hi Elise no it wasnt Dr de bruyne it was another Chris.Chris Deprez from the European Centre in Belgium .chris.deprez@ecfs.be they seem to have alot of centers around europe. Still dont feel any restriction today. Im as hungry as ever.If I drink one more cup of tea Ill burst.

ROE

Hi all

Just got a call from the surgery, its been cancelled...:)

Oh Lindsey, thats awful. To get all geared up for it and then have it cancelled.

Did they book you in for another date? I suppose these things happen. What Dr. were you using? Is he an independent doctor or did you book through the hospital/a company?