Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat for lunch?

I need ideas on what foods to bring to work for lunch. I have no idea where to even start. So what do you guys eat for lunch?

this is the hardest meal for me. i usually eat a Soup of some kind. i keep the calories to 300 or less. also using sara lee whole wheat bread, 90 calories for 2 slices of bread i make a sandwich using, egg or chicken, i also found that a liverwurst spread goes down pretty easy on me. cottage cheese with something in it usually chopped up tomatoes. or just a salad with left over Protein. i make my own vingarette so i control amount of fat in it.

tukey sandwich on light petridge farm light bread with 3 ounces of turkey and 1 of cheese. slice of Tomato.< /p>

Chris

I need ideas on what foods to bring to work for lunch. I have no idea where to even start. So what do you guys eat for lunch?

I guess it depends on tight your band is...if you are in the green zone here are some suggestions:

1. tuna salad/egg salad/chicken salad

2. Deli turkey slices -- I love those only about 30 calories per slice I add slice of cheese and melt it - YUM, lots of Protein.

3. Saute spinach with onions , grilled turkey burger

4. Moist baked chicken, raw carrots

Sometimes it helps to cook in advance since we eat so little and eat off left overs for a week.

at work during the week, i have usually chicken salad and green Beans and some SF pudding......and in between days of my chicken salad, maybe a beef pattie, a baby meat loaf or bbq chicken...and def have carrots, apple slices and cheese cubes as Snacks...i eat good....i cant eat much so what i do eat, its gonna be awesome :)

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

I love avocado - but I know it's fattening - so Wholly Guacamole sells these 100 calorie cups and I usually take chicken or eggs and chop them up and add a few chops of red onion and celery and instead of mayo I use the guacamole - it's so good and satisfying :) I try to eat every two hours something small when I'm at work, so I usually start with a hard boiled egg and then I have a little cottage cheese cup and then my chicken salad and then a SF pudding - I'm staying away from carbs and it's interesting to see how many people can still eat sandwiches - I miss them but I'm very scared that I'll get stuck.

I also take low sodium turkey slices and spread a bit of hummus and do a roll up and if i have it I'll take butter lettuce and wrap it around the turkey for a lettuce wrap. That's pretty yummy too.

I made black bean Soup the other day in a crockpot with chicken strips, so I'll bring a cup of that to work.

I've also found these low carb souffles in the freezer section and they are tasty and very airy.

What I don't eat right now is anything made of Pasta or flour - If I need something carb-like I eat potatoes or rice but rarely, maybe once a week.

One more thing - Arizona tea with ginseng and honey zero calorie has been really helping me - it's tasty, doesn't leave a strong after taste and not too sweet like some diet drinks - and I get the powder so I can control how concentrated it is - it really helps me get in my fluids.

tuna salad with 8 Melba snack crackers. I eat this almost every day. My tuna salad is one can tuna, 1 hard boiled egg, 3 tbs light mayo and dill weed for flavor.

I have been bringing in my left overs from dinner the night before for my lunch the next day. There are so many in my house when I cook I make enough for the troops but since it's not McDonalds there are always left overs which of course it is beneath them to eat especially since it's healthy!

I will cook up everything from baked chicken cutlets, to baked chicken, home made chicken Soup which I love sans the noodles and the chicken melts in your mouth.

Pork chops that are cut super thin and baked with some crushed garlic, oregano, rosemary, in fat free broth. Meatballs or Neck bones that were cooked in Marinara sauce. Chicken cooked in Vodka Sauce. All good and yummy things!!!

If I am stuck at the office with no lunch to bring, I am very luck I have an excellent employer and we have a full service Sodexo cafe. I will usually get a grilled chicken breast with sauteed onions and peppers for lunch. They will slice and dice the chicken up for me and it's always soft and tender. I'll add a small salad to the side if it's a "hungry" day. Usually chicken does me good.

Some days they have meals ready that are healthy and I actually will eat. They have a fresh Sushi bar and chef a few times a week (I'm not so into it, but we are spoiled here)

If all else fails there is a deli portion as well for some turkey breast, chicken salad etc. I try to stay away from that all together because the salt content is just too high for me.

I'm in the green right now I think. Since Breakfast is Protein Shake (nothing solid in the morning bc of restriction) lunch tends to be something like Soup or chili since it's the first food of the day. I typically make a pot on the weekend and take it all week. I also use chicken salad as an alternative. dinner is when I get my solid Protein. All you can do is listen to your brand. My eating habits have changed with every fill. And yours will too.