Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you eating 8 weeks out?

M just curious if I'm eating too much or too little. I think in averaging about 7-800 cal a day. Today I had:

Breakfast-Dannon Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup Kashi go lean Cereal in it.

Lunch-One cup if escarole and bean Soup and 1 Turkey meatball

Snack- 1/2 think thin Protein Bar

For dinner I plan on having more 2 Turkey meatballs and esparagus

Is this ok? I haven't weighed myself in a few days.

I'm just over 8 weeks out.

Are you tracking your Protein intake? It seems a little light to me. My doc still wants 80-90 grams of Protein - in order to get to that amount I still have to use Protein shakes. Did your doc give your protein goals?

As far as calories, I'm at about 800-900 almost every day - that could be because I'm still using 2 shakes per day in order to keep the protein numbers up.

I'm just over 8 weeks out. Are you tracking your Protein intake? It seems a little light to me. My doc still wants 80-90 grams of protein - in order to get to that amount I still have to use Protein Shakes. Did your doc give your protein goals? As far as calories, I'm at about 800-900 almost every day - that could be because I'm still using 2 shakes per day in order to keep the protein numbers up.

I'm supposed to get 64 grams of protein a day. I am failing in that department. I really should incorporate my shakes back in. It's still very hard for me to get it all in. I guess in so consumed with calories, I should think abt getting the protein in!!

I think so - The Protein is important so you don't lose lean muscle mass. Lean muscle mass is what burns calories and keeps your metabolism rev'd up.

Sometimes the thought of drinking another shake makes me want to run myself over with my own car. But, I look at it as medicine - medicine my body needs to keep working.

A little help?

I'm using myfitnesspal user name Scarlet Ginger (friends welcome as it is very encouraging) but I'm having trouble tracking Protein it doesn't seem to do that well in this app. Any suggestions??

I will be 8 week out in a few days and I haven't had any problems eating anything.

today--breakfast--Quest Protein bar

lunch--6 small turkey meatballs with mozzarella cheese and marinea---they are kroger brand and kinda small so six is pretty easy to eat

dinner--4.5 oz of chicken breast...I rolled it up with spinach, feta cheese, mushrooms, a bit of cottage cheese, and plain greet yogurt

Does that sound like a lot? Too me it doesn't but I see other people eating like 1 bite of something and be full. Idk. add me on my fitness pal and check out my menu and tell me what you thing....ucjes@yahoo.com...my user is "ucjes"

I am seven weeks out and I average about 675-750 calories/day. I usually eat 3 meals and two Snacks, one of which is usually a Protein Shake or Quest bar. I average about 65-75 g of Protein. Today I actually had 86 grams! The Protein Shakes have gotten difficult for me, too, but I adore the Quest Protein Bars. banana nut muffin is my fave, I'll meet with my surgeon and Nut tomorrow to see if this is where I'm supposed to be.

So Yesterday I had:

B: Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, 80 cal, 12g Protein

L: chicken Lettuce cups, 146 cal, 14g Protein

S: Ham,cheese, and hummus, 170 cal, 19g Protein

D: Snow Crab legs and Kale, 124 cal, 21 g protein

S: Quest Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar, 170 cal, 20g protein

Total Calories: 690, Protein: 86g

I'm 9 weeks and can tolerate anything. I try to stay at 800 calories and at least 65g of Protein.< /p>

Like everyone else..I am 8 weeks out & I can eat anything..I concentrate on my Protein first...then my water..I just can't eat much..I don't eat any kind of bread, rolls, bagels...I haven't had any fruit at all & only carrots, mashed pot, & mashed butternut squash as a veggie..only because fruit is loaded with (natural sugar) that I just don't want & my NUT only told me to have carrots. Today I have had: my tea with skim milk, egg with lite swiss melted, Protein Shake & a protein bar..Lunch, I had a cheese stick with a pickle all wrapped in a piece of baked ham. I will maybe have a yogurt or almonds later, then dinner...what ever that may be..

I'm 8 weeks today just advanced to all foods...I am required to have only 3(2oz)meals and 2 Snacks in the form of Protein shakes, no snacking on food, however I find it's better if I get my shake in as Breakfast and split one meal as two Snacks my nut said this is fine, they just don't want us snacking instead of getting our Protein in. So this is today's menu...keep in mind only been on real food since Monday lol!

B-Premier Protein Shake(RTD)

S-1oz Beef Jerky

L-2oz grilled chicken and small and of salad veggies.

S-1 oz slice Deli Turkey wrapped around a pickle spear.

D-1 1/2oz grilled chicken, Slice of cheese & two slices of Tomato.< /p>

S-RTD Premier Protein

I'm 8 weeks today just advanced to all foods...I am required to have only 3(2oz)meals and 2 Snacks in the form of Protein shakes, no snacking on food, however I find it's better if I get my shake in as Breakfast and split one meal as two Snacks my nut said this is fine, they just don't want us snacking instead of getting our Protein in. So this is today's menu...keep in mind only been on real food since Monday lol!

B-Premier Protein Shake(RTD)

S-1oz Beef Jerky

L-2oz grilled chicken and small and of salad veggies.

S-1 oz slice Deli Turkey wrapped around a pickle spear.

D-1 1/2oz grilled chicken, Slice of cheese & two slices of Tomato.< /p>

S-RTD Premier Protein

You haven't updated your weight loss...how's it going?? are you losing?

You haven't updated your weight loss...how's it going?? are you losing?

Haha gosh I don't even see that as an option here on my phone...I should really log in with my laptop on occasion, I miss a lot of features being on an iPad & iPhone :/...anywho I am down 37 pounds in 10 weeks(includes 8lbs preop diet loss)...I have stalled twice on full liquids(had to go back bc I had some issues and they wanted to give my sleeve a break-nothing to do with my surgery mind you) and now I think I'm stalling again as I just advanced to solids and haven't lost in 3 days...darn! Thanks for asking!

I figured it out and updated!