Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOW! Gained 10 LBS over Holidays-HELP

Well I weighted and it is as bad as I thought it would be. Gained 10 pounds since I last weighted in October. Gained 20 from my lowest weight. Am now 25 -30 from goal. I have pretty much partied all Holiday season with no effort what so ever!! I am SOOOOO pissed at myself but I learned many lessons:

1. I HAVE to weigh at least once a week. Maybe I would have caught this sooner if I had

2. This will take attention and diligence the rest of my life. I can’t just pretend I am a normal person when it comes to food cause I am not.

3. Sugar/carbs have to be rareish treats not every day indulgences.

4. I need support from my fellow sleeve brothers and sisters. I need to get on Bariatric pal daily.

5. Exercise is necessary not only for my weight loss but also for my mental well being. I am a stress eater and the exercise helps with the stress.

I restarted a ticker and set some new goals for myself. Joined the Valentines Day challenge and set that goal at 10 pounds.

Really trying hard right now not to beat myself up but it is so hard!

Well I weighted and it is as bad as I thought it would be. Gained 10 pounds since I last weighted in October. Gained 20 from my lowest weight. Am now 25 -30 from goal. I have pretty much partied all Holiday season with no effort what so ever!! I am SOOOOO pissed at myself but I learned many lessons:

1. I HAVE to weigh at least once a week. Maybe I would have caught this sooner if I had

2. This will take attention and diligence the rest of my life. I can’t just pretend I am a normal person when it comes to food cause I am not.

4. I need support from my fellow sleeve brothers and sisters. I need to get on Bariatric pal daily.

5. Exercise is necessary not only for my weight loss but also for my mental well being. I am a stress eater and the exercise helps with the stress.

I restarted a ticker and set some new goals for myself. Joined the Valentines Day challenge and set that goal at 10 pounds.

Your in the right place! Having this support through the holidays really helped me a lot this year. Last year I gained because I stopped really looking at what I was doing and just "winged it". I still had fun and treats this year, but paid attention, and came out the other end in my goal range. We are here for you! Live and learn. Your plan looks sensible.

Well, gosh you sound exactly like I did at the beginning of 2013. I spent all of 2012 going UP on the scale instead of down. The final straw was the +8lbs that I gained from JUST Oct-Jan 1st. Let me tell you it was a definite eye-opener.

You are in the right frame of mind right now. You realize that by not paying attention you can easily gain extra weight. So from now on, you will be paying extra attention to your diet, exercise, Water habits, etc.

This is for LIFE! Not just a journey with an end that says GOAL...NOW GO PARTY. We all basically "get it" in our minds, but living it out is a little bit harder.

I'm 3+ years out and sometimes I still need a knock on the head to get me going. Hang in there...you are in the right place!

Good for you! Action verbs are in your sentences - you've identified your behaviors and you have a plan to do something about it.

You got this! I look forward to reading your updates in the weeks to come.

No need to beat yourself up .. you've got a plan, just get back on track knowing you have support and encouragement because none of us know when we might hit the same bump in the road.

Keep posting!

This rings true for me also.....I have gained 3 lbs in the past holiday season bc I let sugar back into my diet. So it's back to basics for me and I'm working on my head space and staying focused on clean eating and the 5:2 diet. This is a life lesson for all of us and also a warning that we really can't let our guards down or we will gain. Old habits slip back in really fast. :P

Yes, it is so easy to "fudge" ( excuse the pun but that was a weakeness! Lol) during the holidays. Luckily for me, I know I didn't that cleanly but my overall cals stayed pretty close most days which helped me not go over my bounce except a pound. I got back in range last week but now in NOLA Tje land of beignets and Cajun food!!! :(

Good girl, get back in the saddle. I had a rough holiday season, too, but am refocusing for 2014. Holiday season is soooo difficult. Best of luck to you.

This was my 3rd sleeved Christmas .... I gained 6 pounds. Boo!!! Starting back at the gym and doing a D.tox through lifetime fitness. Yay we can do this!!

ASBgirl don't beat yourself up for living life. We have all been there. Sounds like you've learned and have a plan to change. Now its mind control to stay focused but figure out a balanced way to enjoy food in your life. That's my downfall I can't eat a piece of trigger foods without going nuts. But watching the scale daily for me is the biggest tool (besides the sleeve) that keeps me from gaining too much. You have the right plan. Stay in touch

Don't feel bad, I gained 6 pounds, too. It was train wreck that I was a willing and knowing participant in. Very frightening! I allowed myself to eat what I wanted about 5 days for about 6 hours each day over the 2 week holiday period. I weighed every day and saw the weight creeping on....told myself it was Water. Umm no, that was fat. I learned the same lessons you did. Sadly, I'm not sure why I had to learn the same damn lessons I already know!

So, I've pretty much detoxed, am back on track, started exercising again, and have my strength and resolve back. I know that it will ALWAYS take my full attention and energy to stay on track. I also know it's worth it to me in the long run, even though some times it does not feel that way. We can do this, one day or one hour or one minute at time. Sometimes it is harder than others, but it really is what we do over the long haul that makes the difference.

When I was morbidly obese, I always resented/envied the women who joined WWs with only 10-20 pounds to lose. Those #%+{ didn't need it and boy would I vent about them. Then a friend made the observation that she wished she'd started when she had so little to go instead of waiting till she had 100+ pounds.

:thud:

She was SO right. From then on one of my (many) fat fantasies was that I has a reset button and could start at normal. I was sure I would do what they were doing if I could only be normal sized one more time.

Here's your chance! You can do it! Your journey back is so freaking manageable. You can and will succeed. Congratulations on recognizing it now.

Well I can say honestly that I had a good weekend with my eating! Lost back 2 pounds from Wed to today. With the extreme cold I did not get in any exercise. I just felt like hibernating. I did get some great healthy food choices precooked for the week though so that will help! Thank you all so much for the encouragement. It has really helped me to see that I was not the only one who struggled during my THIRD sleeved Christmas.

Lipstick Lady- You are totally right! This is manageable. I mean at one time I had 125 LBS to lose now I have 10-20. In the overall picture of my life this will be easy!!!

Michigan Chic- Sounds like you and I are in exact same place. We can do this!

Brown Does All- You are correct. It is all about balance. I still want to live and enjoy food but I can OVERINDULGE like I did from Oct-Jan 2nd ever again. It has to be little and infrequent splurges.

Thanks again guys for all the support!!!

I basically gained six pounds from November 1 to New Year's Day. Combo of not getting out to run (switched to elliptical, which just doesn't burn as much) and the ever-present Cookies, candy, etc. I had been stabilized at 215ish for several months, and got as low as 209 at one point, but now, I'm fighting to get back down to that. The habits of 43 years don't just vanish, sadly.