Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confession: I fell off the wagon 4 1/2 yrs post op!

Hi there. I didn't fall off but just wanted to encourage you to stick to what you know to do. Good luck to being healthy.

None of us are alone with our band. Except at night in the dark and hungry. Haha. Not really. Let us all try with the new year to make good food choices and exercise. That's the BEST we can do❤️

Well, I too fell off in 2006, when I learned I was pregnant with my daughter. Had dropped 30+ pounds. I have managed to keep the weight off but still need to drop yet another 75pounds. My problem is I can't remember what I was supposed to be eating. I am remember Protein shakes.

Before I lost because I remain connected with the online community. I think was key. Well, I am starting today trying to get back on track.

I think what you've accomplished so far is amazing! I myself, am still learning how to climb onto the wagon in the first place :unsure: and am so inspired and rejuvenated by the stories I've been reading. I think that my eyes are finally opening to the fact that the SUPPORT element is key, and what I have been missing all along, so am certainly open to giving that and receiving that! It feels good not to feel alone in this Quest anymore...

It's so nice to hear that I am not alone in this. I wish we hadn’t fallen off but am so glad we are here to support each other. My biggest issue is needless snacking, I have to find a way to conquer it!

Had band put in 12/13 and went well and then came holidays. Did not do too badly but should have stayed away from the fruit cake. Jan 1 weigh in found me 3 pounds up after losing 85 pounds.Had a couple of choices here: Could have beat myself up, told myself I was a failure, etc. So, decided on the other approach. Went back on liquids for 2 days and soft food for 2 days and then back to my regular eating plan. The pounds were off and I am back on track.

In years past a 3 pound gain would have been wonderful. I remember holidays where 10 pounds or more were packed on. If you need to talk with doctor, dietitian, etc. and get back on the wagon. Just don't give up. As for the stress, Overeaters Anonymous helps me alot with that.

I feel like I have failed! I was banded in 2011 and I never even met my first goal. I feel like my first year didn't count, because I didn't feel much restriction and could still eat whatever. My dr gave me fills at a very slow pace. 2012 I maintained what I had lost and in 2013 I gained 10 lbs. So my new goal is to get to my first goal :) in 2014 just a mere 50lbs grrr. I just cant seem to kick start it to losing instead of gaining. I know it is me not the band and if I used it as it was intend. Somedays I feel more restristed then other days, so I don't know if I should go back to the Dr. and get another fill. It has been over a year since my last fill and I'm just about 1/2 full, but I think I'm at my "sweet spot" as it's called. I just need to listen to it and stop eating when I get that feeling. There are somedays I don't eat much or drink much so sometimes I think I'm not getting enough Protein or calories. I'm so frustred with myself, because I feel lost and don't know how to get back on track. I do know that my first goal is to give up sugary stuff! I do execersie a few days a week. Ticks me off that all the bad stuff goes down without a fight but try and eat lean meat, veggie or fruit.... and it kicks my butt!! GRRRRRRRR

Oh hi :) I not only fell off the wagon, but the wagon ran over me. TWICE at least. My surgery was about 5 years ago. Then I was laid off, but still doing great and losing. Then stuff happened (after a year and still couldn't find a full time job...UGH) and I gained about 25lbs (give or take a few). I had lost about 50lbs. I hadn't been to see my doctor of course because no insurance. Then last year I finally got a full time job and insurance, joined WW (because the company pays for half the monthly cost & the meetings are onsite at work so why not). Lost about 10lbs before I got my insurance (it was about 2 months before I got insurance), went to see the doctor, got a fill and lost another 20 between May and December. Then more stuff, gained about 6lbs over the holidays and here I am! I go to the doctor again in March. I'm trying to at least get back to where I was last time I was there (that 6 lbs ago) before I go. I've been back on the wagon, but it seems like the scale is just not budging down or up. No matter what I do :( I'm working out again. I'm eating what I should be eating - lots of lean Protein, whole grains, fruit, veg. An occasional treat on the weekend at times. Staying around 1200 calories, using MFP, etc etc.

So you can imagine I'm quite discouraged. And not really wanting to go back to the doctor. Well I do but I don't. I just hope they'll give me a fill. I hate feeling like a sausage squeezed into it's casing. Still trying to make this happen.

i finally found some I e that Is going though the same thing as I am it's been hard not finding the support u will send u a pm

Well, hello and so glad to hear someone else is a stress eater. OMG, if I could remove the stress..ha ha. Like that is going to happen..not. I have been lucky in the fact that I have not regained but 3 pounds..I have hit the streets walking - more exercise and trying like crazy to leave the "Crap food" alone but wow, that is so hard. I love sweets. I can do without bread, Pasta, fruit and all that other stuff my doc won't let me have, but sweets call my name everytime I feel stress - which is daily. I am so glad someone stepped up and is talking about this. Please stay in touch. I a weak and I need the support. I like my size 8 pants - I don't want to buy size 22W again. we need each other to get through this. Thanks guys ! Melinda in Florida

Well said Melinda

Totally not fair crap food goes down easy and lean Proteins and salads are tougher. That said. Week by week we forge ahead. Trying to exercise Now I'm trying a support group with some help also. We shall see. It is really an individual struggle isn't it??

Julie

Yes, 100% can sympathize with you and am going thru it myself! I am just shy of my three year band anniversary. I lost about 65 lbs, got to 165 which was my foal! Though at that time I kind of thought another 10 lbs would be great! I maintained for about 9 months hovering around 167, sometimes as high as 170, after maybe a weekend out, but always right back down.

In Feb of last year my dad was diagnose with Luekemia and seriously for about 7 months the stress of that was insane! I also had to have some Fluid let out of my band after I developed reflux....I was addicted to that "too tight" feeling....anyway, I hit to 183 and seriously it was making me crazy!! Depressed, demotivated, totally unnerved me!

I found this blog about 2 weeks ago and read some great things and was reminded of things I knew, but in the stress had slipped away from. Last week I did the 5 day pouch test, totally reset my mind and my band. My dad is currently disease free after a stem cell transplant, in fact he is coming to visit us this weekend! I thought, you know what, 15 lbs is NOT a failure! It's mot going to be easy, but it is do able! I have an awesome tool to use called a lapband! This is a great chance for me to face some of the things that haunt me, especially when life gets hard. food is always going to be a "demon" for me if I let it!

So many encouraging things on here! We've got this! You can do it and so can I.

Ps...this morning I was 179 lbs and I am typing this on my ipad while on my elliptical...7 times now in the last 10 days!!!

I fell off the wagon and the wagon kept going. I am now above my original weight and not sure what to do. I had some problems with my band was unfilled, then filled back up I want to say to 9. I can eat a lot and of course I do :( I feel restrictions sometime. My question is how do I catch my wagon and climb back on. I am not sure what my insurance covers now regarding this surgery. The place I was getting fills is 300 w/o insurance- cant swing that at all. Is my stomach stretched out will a fill even help isn't 9cc a lot in either band? or do I still have a ways to go. I just feel like a complete failure . I cannot talk to friends or family because they have just given up on me. Any advice or anyone who got back on track- I have no willpower :( and thought this "tool" would help- they said if I ate too much I would puke. I have never thrown up from over eating. I am willing to pay if I know it can get me where I need to be.

I was banded Oct of 2009 and lost 200 pounds. I was 368 lbs and went down to 168. I was too tight and never could eat except dinner. I liked drinking alcohol, but my like for it became extreme once I took away the food I use to eat to deal with life. I would go out to dinner and order my food to go and just drink the entire time everyone ate because I did not want to keep getting up to run to the bathroom. I turned myself into a alcoholic, or I could say the problem reared its head fast once I took away food from my life. Anyway I am now sober and got to AA, but I did not know that you cause an extreme sugar addiction when you are an alcoholic. I never ate a ton of sugar. Sure I had ice cream a couple times a week, but never gained weight from it. I started eating like 3 pints of Ben and Jerrys a day. Since Sept I put on 71 pounds from pure sugar. Now of course comes the depression, none of my clothes fit, and my body hurts just walking again. I just got a fill and explained everything to my doctor. I am finding I can eat huge portions again and that is scary. I eat all the time and am hungry.I may go in for another fill, but would like to work on getting back on track first. I do enjoy not vomiting every time I eat and I know another fill could bring me to that. I never snacked, never over ate, never gained weight over 5 years. This has really turned my life upside down. I am not willing to let my overcoming alcohol ruin 5 yrs of constant weight loss. No way! It was bad to be heavy before, but to lose that much weight and be packing it on is so much worse. Anyway I could really use a network of weight loss friends to get back on track and be happy again. I am not good at these msg boards so who knows if I will be able to find this site again. If you all have some group or place to support each other my email address is diana_dickey00@yahoo.com let me know where to find it on the site. I may figure it out once I post this, but just in case. Thank you to everyone that shared on the site. It has given me a lift and hope. You all stay strong. We can do this. Diana Tampa, FL