Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

red1713

how are you doing? I know you are one day post-op, hope all is well.

Hello there. I am from Byron, Ga. and have a surgery date of Jan 11th. Getting a little anxious but sooo excited about my new life. I am self pay, but know it will be well worth it. I have a long way to go, need to loose about 200 lbs. I am using Dr. Duncan in Atlanta. Heard alot of good things. I have been well pleased to date with him and his staff. Good luck to all...we will all do great!!!!!

Hey everyone, I have to add myself to the "Georgia" List. I was banded at Emory on 12/4/07 by Scott Davis. I have seen Dr. Lin there too, but Dr. Davis has been great. I just passed the three week mark but was not prepared for the hunger that I've felt. Didn't realize that I needed a fill for the band to start working. So far I'm doing really well though. I had a lot of redness around my port incision, but went in Yesterday and they gave me an antibiotic and told me I was fine. I had all these thoughts going through my head, what if it was infected? What if my body rejected the port? what if they had to cut it out? Of course, I WORRY TOO MUCH. Now I'm just waiting for my fill on Jan. 3rd. I haven't lost as much weight since my surgery as I expected to, but I've not been able to curb my appetite like I thought I would. GLAD TO MEET YOU ALL. (from true Georgia girl - my first name is Georgia!!!)

by the way, I read some of you referring to Loganville, that is where I live. I graduated from high school here in 1978. Spent all my time trying to get away and ended right back where I started from!

I am from Dahlonega, Ga. I had lapband June 5, 2007. Lost 57 lbs up to October. Have hit a big plato, and have not lost a lb. since. I have exercise and I guess this is one of my biggest problems. I am going to get another fill in January. The only problems I have had with my surgery is not chewing my food good enough and having to upchuck what gets stuck.

Hey Dalia,

Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply, I have just now read your post. I am doing fine. I'm down 36 pounds. I started my "diet" back in August. I had already lost down to 314 on surgery day. I went for my post-op visit on Dec. 13th. My next appointment is Jan. 16th. How are you?

I am from Dahlonega, Ga. I had lapband June 5, 2007. Lost 57 lbs up to October. Have hit a big plato, and have not lost a lb. since. I have exercise and I guess this is one of my biggest problems. I am going to get another fill in January. The only problems I have had with my surgery is not chewing my food good enough and having to upchuck what gets stuck.

Hey,

It's good to have a fellow Dahlonegaian on board! E-mail me and maybe we can chat about this band!

butler@alltel.net

Sandy

I came across a plateau breaking diet...let me know if anyone wants me to post it!!!

Hello Georgia Peaches! I haven't joined this thread yet, so I wanted to introduce myself as a fellow GA bandster. I guess all my vitals are in my signature- so I'll just leave it at that.

Hope everybody had a Merry Christmas and other holidays!

I came across a plateau breaking diet...let me know if anyone wants me to post it!!!

YES!!! Please post your diet. I'm struggling to get my scales to move. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi everyone,

I'm located West of Atlanta, in Carrollton Ga. I've not been banded yet...I still have to find out if my policy covers it. I have Anthem BC/BS and I am considering using Dr. Champion in Marietta Ga. Has anyone used him or heard anything about him? Also, is there anyone out there that had to prove 2 medical conditions cause by weight because your BMI is not 40 or above? My BMI is 37 and I have high cholestorol and PCOS (Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome) which causes insulin resistance and weight problems among other things.

Dr. Champion requires $100 for the letter of neccessity and then $250 to schedule the surgery date. Does this sound normal?

Also, do you pay for fills serperately after surgery? I guess I assumed they would be included in the cost of the surgery.

Any adive would be great, I've been reading all the posts and have found lost of helpful info. Thanks!

I was self-pay. I did have to pay for the letter, but I did not have to pay for the scheduling. I was not charged for that. I do not know if my Dr. charges insurance companies for that. My Dr. gave self-pay patients a discount. Anyway, it was worth it.