Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

For those of you who had your surgery at DeKalb, I have a question. Did you have your actual surgery at the Surgery Center or at the hospital. My instructions tell me to show up at the Surgery Center at 6:00 am. Their brochures says they close at 5:15. I am confused. Did you spend the night after surgery and if so, where did you stay?

No, not the Obesity Center, The Surgery Center. They have a new section if you are standing directly in front of the main hospital entry, look to your left. There is a new parking deck, go and park there and go to the 2nd floor (i think) and you'll be right where you need to be. It is beautiful and the people are great. You will have your surgery that morning and go to an actual room (yes, they even have a bariatric wing) after recovery and stay overnight. I wish you the best. I just had my 1st fill yesterday at the hospital in the Xray department. Dr. Steinberg is just awesome. He's right up there with how I feel about my Gynecologist, Dr. Stuart Pancer. Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Thank you, Rumar for your prompt response. I knew it was the Surgery Center, but the brochure for the Surgery Center says they close at 5:15 weekdays. That's why I was Confused.

By the way, Buttercup. Congrats on your approval. Your surgery won't be far behind now.

Does Dr. Steinberg/Menacherry give you anything for nausea? I read on another thread about a nausea Bracelet. Also, what kind of post-op instructions did you get and what can I expect the morning of surgery? Sorry for all the questions.

Does Dr. Steinberg/Menacherry give you anything for nausea? I read on another thread about a nausea Bracelet. Also, what kind of post-op instructions did you get and what can I expect the morning of surgery? Sorry for all the questions.

I actually did not have a problem with nausea, at least not enough to need meds so I'm not sure about the bracelet. The morning of surgery, you will go in and change and get weighed. The nurse will take your vitals...etc. Then you'll be wheeled to surgery and moved to a table. They'll put the oxygen mask on you and you're out for the count!! Post recovery at the hospital I did feel the "skinny" nurse was acting like she didn't want to touch me but I did report her. They'll want you to get up after a while to walk. The discharging nurse will give you instructions after Dr. Steinberg comes to check your incisions and to make sure you're swallowing okay. They were very basic like not to drive or operate heavy machinery for 48 hours and take pain meds as needed and to call if any problems. Make sure as soon as you can to walk, walk, walk. You will experience a lot of gas and walking helps more than anything. Also get some of those Gas-x strips that disolve on your tongue. I hope all goes well. I don't mind answering questions, just let me know whenever you need me or you can email me directly.

Dr Burnette did my surgery at Palmyra Hospital in Albany. Having lots of gas pains in left shoulder area but other that doing great. Not hungry at all and am obeying drs orders on drinking liquids. My port is above my left breast and the area is a little tender but not bad. I live in Valdosta, GA. Dr Burnette is scheduled to start doing lap bands in Valdosta next month but I didn't want to wait.

Patsy

I had mine done at Palmyra on Friday.

Great experience - Great Doctor - Dr. Bagnato from Albany!!!

My port is in the same place as yours is - from what I read - I am definitely happy with that! Glad Dr. Bagnato developed that part of the procedure and placement.

amy

Had my surgery on 10-4. Dr Bagnato is the greatest!!! I'm from Tifton Ga. Already on soft solids. Doing great don't feel much restriction. Ready for 1st fill. Wt loss to date 23lbs.

I am in Alpharetta and new to the site. I just called and scheduled my seminar for tomorrow (10/18) at Dekalb with Dr. Steinberg. Woo hoo!!! Getting the ball rolling!

Kathy

Congratulations Kathystrick. You'll do find. Just be patient throughout the approval stage and ask if you have questions.