Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I shouldn't have watched the video

So last night my 15 yr old was asking questions regarding the surgery. I pulled up the video to show him. I've watched a lot on you tube. I'm scared to death now. I went for my preop yesterday my surgery is Monday. I told him after he watched how I felt. And he said mom your the strongest person I know you can do this. ( heart breaking ) has anyone ever backed out last minute or is this normal? Me of all peps I can not believe I'm feeling like this now!!

You have one bright son, it is normal to have these feelings, you know that you are making a choice to be healthy, i am sure you will be all right good look.

EVERYONE gets the jitters.

Put the video out of your mind.

Deep breath, head down and ATTACK!!!

You can do this, honey.

Walk into that hospital with your head held high, distract yourself with things to do until the time, then you only have one mission, which is to rock it.

As the military say - Failure, is NOT an option...

As for your son - give him lots of love and hugs - because he's right.

You brought life into this world, Lady?! This is going to be a cake-walk :) x

It's perfectly normal to be nervous. This is a big undertaking and a lot of unknowns since you haven't had surgery. I'm sure you're worried about how much pain you'll have, and wondering will it work for me since I have tried so many other diets?. I had heard horrible things about the leak test from this site. It was not nearly bad as I imagined. Please let us know how you're doing after surgery.

I hope you have as painless as possible recovery and congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Good luck.

I have the band, but WLS is WLS. I didn't find this site until after the surgery. My lung doctor told me I was getting the band. I never asked questions and never looked into anything other than the meetings at the hospital. Maybe sometimes not knowing is better?

Just think of all the wonderful things that happens with the surgery: fitting into a restaurant booth, not buying clothes in the 'Plus' department, crossing your legs (I am right now), fitting into seats at a concert or sports arena. These are all NSV!!! to look forward to. NSV=non scale victory.

Good luck and happy holidays.

Arlene

Everyone I know that had the surgery went through the same thing, it is normal.

Edited by mickally

So last night my 15 yr old was asking questions regarding the surgery. I pulled up the video to show him. I've watched a lot on you tube. I'm scared to death now. I went for my preop yesterday my surgery is Monday. I told him after he watched how I felt. And he said mom your the strongest person I know you can do this. ( heart breaking ) has anyone ever backed out last minute or is this normal? Me of all peps I can not believe I'm feeling like this now!!

I had a different reaction altogether. In fact, I was so fascinated I watched several and a couple more than once. People are different, I realize. But for me, knowing what to expect demystified it for me. Hearing the doctors narrate what they were doing was educational and actually assuring. Their voices were steady and confident. They have done it so many times. am still nervous about being sleeved in a couple weeks, so I'm not breezing through this.

You know know psychologists help people deal with their fears via exposure therapy. It feels kind of like that to be. But good luck to you. I wish you peace.

Thank you everyone. I just don't know what happened I've watched & read so much during my research and it's never bothered me. I've always been the one that was there to help others & now it's going to be me; with my family waiting to help me. So if all goes well I will be heading to the hospital Monday morning.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!!

I was going through the classes just to get approved for the surgery and I chickened out after watching youtube videos about the surgery and reading some scary stuff about it. Ibacked out of the classes some months back. But now I'm still miserable and my joints are still painful and now I signed up again for the classes and they start on Janurary 15th. I figure, I'll take the 12 weeks of classes and FINISH them and then I can decide if I'm going to fight or flight it out...............hopefully I'll fight through the anxiety of it. I really am ready for a change!

Good luck & I'll be praying for ya & sending good thoughts! :)

Yup, I can relate. Even as i was lying on the operating table, I was thinking "nooo!". But the next minute i was asleep, and the minute after that I woke up sleeved, and 2 months later I am in onederland!

Do it! You will not regret it. It is truly like starting a new life :-)

I wish you the best and hopefully you decide to have the surgery this time so that you can have a healthier life and get over your fears .

Yup, I can relate. Even as i was lying on the operating table, I was thinking "nooo!". But the next minute i was asleep, and the minute after that I woke up sleeved, and 2 months later I am in onederland!

Do it! You will not regret it. It is truly like starting a new life :-)

Ha! I felt like I was in some sort of weird Neverland the entire time in pre-op. Like, "This can't be happening. Oh my god, this can't be happening."

It happened. :D