Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so bummed out!

I am following the rules, eating less than 1000 cal a day most of time around 800 . I eat high Protein low carb, I do 45 min of cardio and about 45 min of weight lifting nearly every day. I just cannot lose any weight. I feel fairly well restricted also. I havent lost any since my last fill in Feb. I just dont know what to do! I am really really starting to regret this band, I think I am too insulin resistant for it. I think I should have done RNY. I am just so scared of RNY! I was so hoping this would work for me! My dr told me that RNY would probably be the better choice but he of course tell me make up my own mind. Now I am thinking I should have followed his suggestion. I really do not know what else I could possibly do to lose this weight! Please do not feed me the "starvation mode" line of bull crap. And please do not feed me the "your probably gaining muscle" line either. I just dont buy into them. I need to know something to jump start my metabolism!

Wow I reread that post and it sounds bitter and harsh! Sorry ya'll just ignore my pitty party! Jill

I'd maybe just "try" upping the cardio and decreasing the weights. NOt cutting them out entirely but perhaps do a bare minimum to ensure you maintain muscle, but perhaps try an hour of cardio six times a week or so.

Mix around the intensity of the cardio - what do you do? Maybe a couple of very long, slower sessions and some more intense interval training - which is great for kicking you up to that next level of fitness.

I say just "try" it because its the only thing I could really think of doing, but perhaps it will work!

It sounds to me like you are in starvation mode. I have been working with a personal trainer, and know that 1000 calories a day is nowhere near enough if you are working out that much. My workout schedule is very close to yours. I have been eating at least 1500 calories a day, and I'm losing 2-3 pounds a week. When your body goes into starvation, it holds onto every calorie and piece of fat it can, because it doesn't know when it will be getting more. Just make sure you are eating high quality Proteins and veggies instead of getting those calories from cakes, Desserts and sugary drinks. Try increasing your calories to at least 1200-1300 a day and try it for a week to 10 days, and see what happens.

Hiya Jill, sorry to hear you're having a tough time right now. I remembered reading something in a thread about plateau busters, here's what I found and I do hope it helps:

From Audree (BabyGotBack)'s thread Lower BMI bandsters ( http://www.lapbandtalk.com/lower-bmi-bandsters-t26697p2.html?highlight=lower+BMI ) :

I just wanted to give everyone a tip that I learned when I was doing a medical weight loss program at Lindora. It is a plateau buster.

Breakfast: 1 egg and 1/2 a grapefruit

Lunch/Dinner: white fish, spinach and 1/2 a grapefruit

Also, a lemon boiled and drank all day

You are supposed to eat this until the plateau breaks and I remember it always worked within a few days (I did Lindora like 6 times, I just couldn't keep the weight off).

If I were you I would talk to my doctor. Take into him a log of what you are eating, being brutally honest and comprehensive, and remember to include your Water intake. Then see what he says about why you are not losing. I have some pretty serious insulin issues as well and am eating 800-1200 calories per day and am losing just fine. Good luck to you in finding the answers :)

jillrn...I shared your frustration...until I went into my dr and he finally diagnosed me with Hypothyroidism which meant for me that my metabolism doesn't work full stop. I store...every single bit that I eat and I will be on medication for the rest of my life to get it too work. Probably doesn't help you...but there could be other reasons...Talk to your DR if you are really worried.

:) becky

If I were you I would up the cal and sugarintake!! I eat like 1600cals a day and Im losing steadily.

Also I started losing more when I started with weightlifting, muscles burn calories! Sugar (jam,sweet cereals,etc-of course in moderation) in the morning and your metabolism will speed up.

good luck.

eva

I have to agree on the calorie intake thing too - I eat 1500 to 1800 most days and have lost. I need to cut down more now as I"m now maintaining on that level but most people without metabolic issues should be able to lose without starving themselves.