Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

An atheist's pov vs a christain point of view

That is extremely clever! As the new host of this forum area I truly appreciate the civility shown thus far. Thank you, folks!

Lol!!! A minister overseeing the atheist/agnostic

Forum??!

Now I have seen everything @BP.com :P

:D

It is quite a convergence of conflicting ideologies within my mind. On one hand I am inextricably involved with my relationship with Christ and love to share Him. On the other hand, I respect the sovereignty of will and choice that all people are entitled to and in no way want to violate that line of respect.

Then, as a host, I must maintain objectivity and a measure of detachment.

I have had extensive discussions with atheists on both scientific and theological grounds and have most enjoyed the ones that remained civil. I, in fact, have considered myself an atheist in my past and as a minister since the 70's have had very deep doubts at times. Somehow my faith holds and remains a bastion of joy in my life.

Then there is the fact that I am very fond of the folks I've come to know on the forum. I know that religion can easily cause rifts in relationships and I certainly don't want that to happen.

My job is to maintain reasonable peace without jumping on sides. I think I can do that. Might not be easy, though, especially when I know I am always right. :D

OMG this is why I did not want to reply again to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!! jumpin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend here wants to apply for the "job" over at the religious sleevers forum...

attachicon.gif:

Are you sure that isn't you with extra eye liner?

My friend here wants to apply for the "job" over at the religious sleevers forum...

attachicon.gif:

What we need is a diabetic with PCOS, who is also an atheist, single, religious, biker, gay, bisexual, lesbian, transexual in the 12 step program with mental health issues who has crossover addictions. I might consider trying to conform to all of those for the sake of objectivity but I would not live through it. The main sticking point would be the singles section...my wife would consign me to the ground. :D

Oh well jeez I've had conversations with women and quite enjoyed them...especially when they were civil (the women I mean). I also in my past have considered myself to be a woman (well a lesbian actually) so therefore I should be host over the powder room right?

I've always wondered why believers feared death in the first place. I would think they'd welcome it. Why wear seat belts? Why wear a helmet? Why have WLS? The sooner you die the sooner you go the the everlasting right? What am I missing?

Oh man, I so agree. My wife comes from a family of Baptists. Father was a Baptist preacher. Why fear death if you are saved and living a "righteous" life? I have shared my thoughts to this effect AND I WAS THE ONE THEY LOOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS MISGUIDED" HA! Then again I am the infidel of the family and from the North so her TN family just hates on the damn yankee..... :-)

Edited by bearman99

OH WOW!!!

Oh well jeez I've had conversations with women and quite enjoyed them...especially when they were civil (the women I mean). I also in my past have considered myself to be a woman (well a lesbian actually) so therefore I should be host over the powder room right?

Well, I feel pretty embarassed and stupid right now. Might have to reconsider the whole deal. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I don't think I could be more confused then I am after reading the last 5 or 6 posts..I'm out a here.....

Well, I feel pretty embarassed and stupid right now. Might have to reconsider the whole deal. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Pretty sure it was meant with humor. At least that was my interpretation.

It's all fun and games until somebody gets an eye poked out, or sacrifices a goat... :P

Sorry guys..

I was just bringing up the irony.

Totally in jest Gman. Don't be offended.

Wait...did someone say chicken? I miss Popeye's.