Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

An atheist's pov vs a christain point of view

Oh well jeez I've had conversations with women and quite enjoyed them...especially when they were civil (the women I mean). I also in my past have considered myself to be a woman (well a lesbian actually) so therefore I should be host over the powder room right?

Well, I feel pretty embarassed and stupid right now. Might have to reconsider the whole deal. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Totally in jest Gman. Don't be offended.

Wait...did someone say chicken? I miss Popeye's.

Guess I'm a little over sensitive tonight. I haven't been called a chicken since 5th grade.

There.. I think that could of offended at least 3 different groups of people.

Laura-ven, the true enemy :D

ya, but you're cute...ok, so is butter...

How sweet. Everyone getting along. The chickens....the ministers...the atheists....and even Laura-ven...whatever disinfranchised group she belongs to....the inappropriate meme's group.

Interesting that you ask the question about death. I used to think the same way. Why do I have to die when life is good. Then I became a believer and learned that our life is not sublime here on earth. We are born into sin and reaching the hereafter is truly sublime. I also learned that what we do here on earth in His name matters most and that doesn't have to do with good works or deeds, it has a lot to do with whom you are putting your faith and trust in. Plus, we cry because of our relationship that we have with others and not being able to see them for a while. Weeping may last for a night but joy comes in the morning Psalms 30. This is why our weeping only last for a short while because we take pleasure in knowing that we will see them again...for those that believe. Again, my belief.

Oh wow...don't get me started. As to your "death is punishment enough" statement...I've always wondered why believers feared death in the first place. I would think they'd welcome it. Why wear seat belts? Why wear a helmet? Why have WLS? The sooner you die the sooner you go the the everlasting right? What am I missing?

I do not believe in hell...I think that if God is loving, he would not set up a place like that to torture people in...

I believe that hell is interpreted that way to make people feel justified or happy that revenge will be paid to those that have done them wrong.....

Isn't death punishment enough....just what I think don't hang me up for it ..K

If death is natural and a part of our lives then why the crying, pain and suffering when someone dies...If it was natural why try so hard to escape it.....We do everything we can to save ourselves from it.....(Except when you are not in the right frame of mind).

Anyhow...I don't see the point of barbecuing people in hell for eternity. I think that hell is a tactic to control the masses with fear. I believe God is love..It does not make sense....

I am not going to reply to this thread again..That is how I feel, not being preachy! Just feel this way that's all.....

..... I also learned that what we do here on earth in His name matters most and that doesn't have to do with good works or deeds, it has a lot to do with whom you are putting your faith and trust in. .

That's exactly my problem with "belief." That it doesn't matter what kind of person you are or how good a life you lead. Or how charitable you've been. And it doesn't matter who you help or how much good you contribute to the world.

All that matters is that you are saved, whatever that means. That you go to church, that you worship, and that you believe. And if you don't believe then you burn in hell for eternity?

The message I'm hearing is "Love me and worship me or I will punish you."

Um... No thanks.

My word..

I think you will find what you are looking for here..

http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/436-religious-sleevers/

Interesting that you ask the question about death. I used to think the same way. Why do I have to die when life is good. Then I became a believer and learned that our life is not sublime here on earth. We are born into sin and reaching the hereafter is truly sublime. I also learned that what we do here on earth in His name matters most and that doesn't have to do with good works or deeds, it has a lot to do with whom you are putting your faith and trust in. Plus, we cry because of our relationship that we have with others and not being able to see them for a while. Weeping may last for a night but joy comes in the morning Psalms 30. This is why our weeping only last for a short while because we take pleasure in knowing that we will see them again...for those that believe. Again, my belief.

Yea, Butter but with this belief comes a check in your spirit that you know Jesus' way is the right way. You can't have this belief without the Holy Spirit otherwise it's just lip service. It sounds harsh..."Love me, worship me or I will punish you," but just think if you didn't know Him, love Him, and worship Him. Would you still want to take that chance? Again, this revelation doesn't come easily, it comes with getting in His word, meditating on it, and believing that He is the truth, the way and the life, John 14:6

..... I also learned that what we do here on earth in His name matters most and that doesn't have to do with good works or deeds, it has a lot to do with whom you are putting your faith and trust in. .

That's exactly my problem with "belief." That it doesn't matter what kind of person you are or how good a life you lead. Or how charitable you've been. And it doesn't matter who you help or how much good you contribute to the world.

All that matters is that you are saved, whatever that means. That you go to church, that you worship, and that you believe. And if you don't believe then you burn in hell for eternity?

The message I'm hearing is "Love me and worship me or I will punish you."

Um... No thanks.

Is this still the atheist/agnostic's forum? :P Sorry I'm being cheeky. But I will add another meme that I found to be super helpful.

What do you guys think about this?

post-180691-0-01438800-1387574474_thumb.jpeg

Is this still the atheist/agnostic's forum? :P Sorry I'm being cheeky. But I will add another meme that I found to be super helpful.

What do you guys think about this?

Those are morals that we are all supposed to learn..Tolerance of each other, and understanding....compassion and respect....

sub·lime (sschwa.gif-blimacr.gifmprime.gif)

adj.
1. Characterized by nobility; majestic.
a. Of high spiritual, moral, or intellectual worth.
b. Not to be excelled; supreme.
3. Inspiring awe; impressive.
4. Archaic Raised aloft; set high.
5. Obsolete Of lofty appearance or bearing; haughty: "not terrible,/That I should fear . . . /But solemn and sublime" (John Milton).
n.
1. Something sublime.
2. An ultimate example.
v. sub·limed, sub·lim·ing, sub·limes
v.tr.
1. To render sublime.
2. Chemistry To cause to sublimate.
v.intr. Chemistry
To sublimate.
This can only refer to someone of something that is perfect..And we know that none of us are....how do we know what the here after is all about in this context....Guess we will have to wait and see..
This does not change my view I still see the masses being controlled by fear...Blind fear mostly!

Just to stick with the forum....

god is overrated.

I liked Battlestar Galactica it had them saying gods dammit on network tv....I enjoyed that!

Laura-Ven :P

Flying Spaghetti Monster anyone?

http://www.venganza.org/2009/08/fsm-prayer/

Now go away before I taunt you another time you silly English kniiiigggit!

Edited by bearman99

This was indeed very cleverly done. Though my parents taught my siblings and me that speaking of religion, politics and money in public was always in bad taste, I will have to jump in on this topic. I have never embraced the idea of hell as a place of an eternal burning inferno, as too many people in this world have had to live in a worldly hell. Any person that has had major ups and downs in their life has probably questioned their personal belief system. That is human nature to second guess ourselves. Not all persons of the same religion or same denomination believe everything exactly the same. We all take what is most palatable and go with it. What ever brings us comfort and gets us through the difficult times is fine. Some people feel they don't need that and it is fine too. To respect and love one another as humans who have value is what is most important. Eternity is too complicated for us mere mortals to deal with .... lets all just do the best we can in this world and let God do the "sorting" when the time comes. If God had wanted us to be the same he would have made only one version of the human. God loves diversity, and created all types for us to love and enjoy. It's all good!! Peace my friends.