Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have Been In Total Fear Of The Surgery Which Is Tomorrow..dec 9Th

Ok..for over a month I have been pretty calm about having the surgery. However last nfriday night I started to freak out. Not that I am afraid of the changes that I will have to do ...but fear that I won't make it out of surgery. Part of this feat is due to losing a husband when he went into surgery 16 years ago. He never came out of surgery ..had a massive stroke. My head is thinking that this is the last time I may see my daughters, grand kids etched. Is this normal. I have had twoo surgeries before and all went well. How dodoes having sleep apnea and mild hip fit into the equation .. Please I need encourement. Btw.. I cannot see what I am typing. So sorry for all the typo errors.

Mild hbp .. Cureent weight 204. . Goal weight 135. Am 5'1

Ok..for over a month I have been pretty calm about having the surgery. However last nfriday night I started to freak out. Not that I am afraid of the changes that I will have to do ...but fear that I won't make it out of surgery. Part of this feat is due to losing a husband when he went into surgery 16 years ago. He never came out of surgery ..had a massive stroke. My head is thinking that this is the last time I may see my daughters, grand kids etched. Is this normal. I have had twoo surgeries before and all went well. How dodoes having sleep apnea and mild hip fit into the equation .. Please I need encourement. Btw.. I cannot see what I am typing. So sorry for all the typo errors.

Try not to think of the past and think of how you future will be with your kid and grandkids. You have everything in front of you.

Thanks bremartus

Best thing I have ever done. Go into this positive and you will come out positive!

Like you, I was calm until one week before the surgery when I went into panic mode. I thought about all of the reasons for me to have the surgery and the panic subsided.

Your very welcome and yes think positively about the whole event and that should help too.

I'm right herewith u! I was not afraid until last night the 8th. Mynsurgerynwas the 9thnas well. It is now midnight after mynsurgerynand I am sore but SO glad I did it! Pain is not unbearable and the people are really nice. Of course imam on a morphine drip but nt pushing the button like they want me. I want to work through the pain not rely on them.

We can this together!

My surgery was yesterday too, and although I'd been pretty calm right up to the day before, I did hit freak out when I went to bed the night before.I was afraid I wouldn't wake up if I went to sleep~Pleased to say surgery went smoothly and I only have some minimal issues. I posted those in the Dec 9th sleevers thread. Best of luck Carlotta1, let us know how you are doing.

Don't be afraid. We are all afraid when we hand our unconscious selves to the surgical team. But they are well trained and true professionals. I had a moment of panic on the operating table , before they knocked my out. I was thinking i could change my mind, right now! And the next thing i was asleep! Next time i woke up I was back in my room and feeling just a little bit of pain, but nothing major.

So glad I went through with it!

I have been sitting here today watching my 11 month daughter thinking the same thing. Am I doing this for vanity? I don't have any medical issues. What if I die and my daughter never knows me as she grows up? I have surgery on the 18th. I try to stop thinking this way...but reading alot of different forums I think it is actually quite normal! So good luck to everyone...hope all goes well!

Best of luck kerraeze. I had my surgery on the 9th and am here to tell about it.sending you best wishes. let UA know how it goes

thanks idlewood4 I tried to add you as a friend on here but from my phone it gave me an error. I will update yall! Eeeeeeee how scary!