Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Importance Of Protien During Pre-Op

I'm currently in day 4 of of my preop diet just wondering if it is truly important to get in all the protien?? I like the premier protien shakes just fine but really have no desire to drink them surely have no desire for 3-4 per day.

I had to get some chicken powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury to mix it up a bit with the Premier shakes. The Protein intake diet is to shrink your liver to make the surgery safe and will help you heal. Protein will be the most important thing you consume from now on.

I'll be honest I hated the pre op diet. I whined and complained the whole time. But I did lose thirteen pounds in fourteen days and my surgery went very well with no complitcations. So I am glad I hung in there. So get in your Protein it helps you do what needs to be done. Hang in there!

Check out other Proteins. There is no way I could do vanilla and chocolate shakes everyday. I got Matrix vanilla powder and unflavored Unjury and Syntrax powders I can mix with any SF liquid for nearly unlimited tastes..... Orange, berry, lemonade, apple, coffee, beef broth, chicken broth, etc. I also just got some PB2 and it's very yummy mixed in the vanilla shakes. I haven't tried them yet, but a lot of people like the Isopure flavors, too.

Thanks for the advice I will mix it up and try something other than the ready to drink shakes they are so sweet and i prefer fruity over chocolaty sweet tastes as well.

Just wanted to share this...I had my surgery back in October on the 22nd. I had gone in for my ultrasound on my gallbladder..only to find that I had to have an MRI on my liver that same day. They found significant sparring of the liver..basically fatty deposits that had grown outside of the liver and had begun to sort of stalk out.

I was freaked the heck out. I'm only 38 and thought...I hope I can change this.

I did 16 full days of just shakes. I would add ice cubes to make them super ice cold. .kept the foam down on them. dinner was Unjury chicken Soup. It saved me each day.

Surgery say arrived and I told my surgeon...I completely trust what you're going to do to me but I want an update of my liver. He laughed at me..but I was serious. Found out that each and every stalk that had begun to grow out of the liver was non existent! ! I was more elated over this than anything else!

The pre op served two purposes for ME personally.

1. Shrunk two the living he!! Out of my liver and it returned back to normal!

2. It really sent a strong message to my brain that this was a real lifetime change..so as a result I started out strong. I knew the beginning was when you lose the most and I needed to maximize my chances of losing as much as I could.

To date, I've already lost 47 pounds. I'm 6 weeks post op now.

This has been the hardest thing I've ever done. ..yet in many ways the easiest also. My kids need me. My hubby needs me.

Good luck you guys! The pre op isn't easy at all...I ran away to my hot bath when I just couldn't cope with family eating. But now their all Sooo proud of me and I see it.

Edited by gomekast

I'm on day 7 of my pre op, 8 lbs down! Miso Soup and green tea have been lifesavers. I buy instant miso soup in the asian section at the store, add hot Water. The salty has been a good contrast to the shakes, which I have also lost interest in. I get them down fine but they aren't very interesting!