Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, January 21, 2014. I am getting anxious/nervous. I am worried about getting all of the Protein in after the surgery because I have had a hard time drinking the Protein Shakes during this whole past week of liquids only. I want to try the Protein Shots, hoping they will be easier to get down. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My surgery is in the morning at 7:15am in Roanoke VA with Dr Tananchai Lucktong. I am so nervous I am trembling!! I have never been in the hospital before except when I was born! I trust my surgical team and am sure I will be fine, but can't stop trembling!

As for the protein, I use whey isolate and skim lactose free milk. 2 shakes a day is around 80 grams of protein. You can get it at Walmart for $22. The chocolate is great. And vanilla isn't bad either. I add sf Jello to vanilla to make different flavors. My favs is orange to create dreamsicle flavor. It is easy to get your protein this way and you get no gas. Body builders use this. My nut said not to use the shots. They aren't as good a type of protein. Good luck on Tuesday!!

Can someone tell me what everyone means by a "nut"?

Nut = nutritionist

I ordered sample from three different links today. Bjsbariatrics.com, chikedutrition.com, unjured.com and then tomorrow I'm ordering starter kit from designerwhey.com. I'm trying all Protein samples after sleeve since I heard taste buds change. Hope this help everyone.

I've been lurking and figure it's time to get "involved". My surgery is scheduled for Jan. 22nd. I'm on Day 5 of my pre-op liquid diet and it's going ok. The afternoons are the worst. I am feeling all kinds of emotions - excitement, nervousness, anxiety, etc. It

My friends and family have been so supportive. I am looking forward to getting some advice and info from the pros here and being in touch with others on the same timeline as me.

Good luck everyone!

Sitting in the waiting room. Ready to be called back!!! Prayers plz!!

I am scheduled for the 22nd also. I had to do 2 weeks no carbs high Protein. That wasn't bad lost 12 lbs. On Saturday I started my clear diet. That has been ok. Drinking none stop. Where are you located? Keep us posted!!!

Sitting in the waiting room. Ready to be called back!!! Prayers plz!!

Good luck today! !!! Prayers being sent your way!

I am scheduled for the 22nd also. I had to do 2 weeks no carbs high Protein. That wasn't bad lost 12 lbs. On Saturday I started my clear diet. That has been ok. Drinking none stop. Where are you located? Keep us posted!!!

I'm in Vienna, VA. My surgery is at Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington. I wish I had your preop diet. I'm so glad I've only got one more day of liquids.

Where are you located?

Lady pink

I am in Wilkes Barre , PA. Keep me posted on your progress.

Have you tried Pure Protein? The frosty chocolate is really good. Tastes like chocolate ice cream only in liquid form!

To me they have the best Protein Shakes. I also like the vanilla and Cookies and cream.

Today makes two weeks post op for me. I'm down a total of 20 pounds it would have been more but I gained two pounds. The reason I gained is because I am so freaking constipated It should be against the law. I have not had a BM since the day I was released from the hospital which was 01/08/14. I am miserable. I just took a stool softener and about to get me something with Fiber in it to make me go more often.

Today's my day! Waiting for my surgeon in the pre-op bay.