Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

Good luck!!! Congratulations! !

4 days post op. feeling great, went to work today. I know that seems soon but I mainly just drive around and talk on the phone for my job. I had a Protein Shake this morning and Some Tomato Soup here in a few minutes. This will basically be the first time I've eaten in over a week. I didn't like the broth so I basically just kept drinking Water for the last week. Almost no soreness at all. Down 24 pounds including preop diet.with Dr. Elias Ortiz, this is been so easy it almost scares me.

4 days post op. feeling great, went to work today. I know that seems soon but I mainly just drive around and talk on the phone for my job. I had a Protein Shake this morning and Some Tomato Soup here in a few minutes. This will basically be the first time I've eaten in over a week. I didn't like the broth so I basically just kept drinking Water for the last week. Almost no soreness at all. Down 24 pounds including preop diet.with Dr. Elias Ortiz, this is been so easy it almost scares me.

Great job!

My surgery is in the morning at 7:15am in Roanoke VA with Dr Tananchai Lucktong. I am so nervous I am trembling!! I have never been in the hospital before except when I was born! I trust my surgical team and am sure I will be fine, but can't stop trembling!

fotogrphr, how are you feeling today? It's Day 2, and I hope you can sip sip sip, walk walk walk as someone on this forum wisely suggested. Every day is better!

Today's my day! Waiting for my surgeon in the pre-op bay.

MeLite - I am sending healing wishes your way. Northwestern took great care of me, and I know they will take great care of you!

Hi Everyone! I've been creeping on here for a while, and thought I'd finally make an appearance. My surgery is tomorrow morning (Jan 21) so I'm on liquids now. Hasn't been too bad so far, I'm not hungry at all.

I haven't told anyone I'm having surgery except for my husband, boss, and a couple of very close friends.

I really am not very nervous about tomorrow just ready to get it done.

You have all been a huge help getting ready for surgery and through out the process. Thanks so much!

Good luck tomorrow pharmd. We are here if you need us!!!

Saying goodbye. Going to drop the group as I'm officially not going to be sleeved. Not sure how this all happened, but insurance won't cover the sleeve now. I'm debating bypass, but have a couple of weeks to decide. Wish you all the best on your journeys to the new healthy you! It was fun while it lasted.

Saying goodbye. Going to drop the group as I'm officially not going to be sleeved. Not sure how this all happened, but insurance won't cover the sleeve now. I'm debating bypass, but have a couple of weeks to decide. Wish you all the best on your journeys to the new healthy you! It was fun while it lasted.

WHY WONT THEY COVER THE SLEEVE????

So sorry to hear that. They will cover the bypass but not the sleeve?

I confirmed yesterday I have to do a 2-day clear liquid diet. mines start the 25th. surgery is the 27th

We have the same date and same pre op liquid diet for two days! Good luck to you!!! :)

I confirmed yesterday I have to do a 2-day clear liquid diet. mines start the 25th. surgery is the 27th

We have the same date and same pre op liquid diet for two days! Good luck to you!!! :)

Gross out alert! --- Surgery tomorrow and I've been on liquids since the 18th. I feel like I'm doing a colonoscopy prep! Did anyone else have problems with the runs while they were on liquids. I wasn't really worried about it before, but now I'm really concerned about being on liquids for 2 weeks after surgery if this is the outcome! Ugh!