Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self - Pay Costs?

Can any one please tell me what the going price for Gastric sleeve surgery is in the states??? I am self pay and I have heard 10 thousand to 25 thousand... I am having surgery in Florida for about 23 thousand. Is that about right or am I being HAD???? Help Help!

I am aware of quite a few self pay set- ups in the states that are about $11,500.

I paid $10,500 in Boca Raton, Florida with an outstanding surgeon. You are paying way to much! I know of at least 5 people that used him and none of us have had any complications and the hospital was wonderful. This is all inclusive with tests, nutritionist, 2 days in the hospital etc. His name is Dr. Shillingford and you can google him. I checked him out extensively before my surgery and he had absolutely nothing but good reports. Best of luck to you!

I went to Dr. Garcia in TJ, Mexico everything was included for $5200.00 (except for air fare.) The doctor and staff were awesome. I haven't had any complications. Good luck in your journey.

I just got a copy of the bill to my ins. And it was upward of $45k

Atlanta, $18,500. Insurance is always billed more than self-pay.

$11,000 with Dr. Thomas Umbach in Las Vegas.

Had a wonderful experience there two weeks ago.

I paid the surgeon $5,000 and the hospital $7,500 in Dallas - total of $12,500.

I just got a copy of the bill to my ins. And it was upward of $45k

Keep in mind, there is a big difference between self-pay prices and insurance paid prices.

I'm paying $18,032 in TN - surgeon fee, hospital fee, anesthesiologist fee, also includes complication insurance, pre-op support groups, lifetime of unlimited access to nutritionist, exercise physiologist, post-op support groups, and follow up visits with my surgeon - 1 week, 6 week, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year.

Thank you all for your replies :) I just can't see paying 16 thousand to the hospital for one night stay. Sounded a bit crazy to me ...Now I know it is! The Dr. was about 4 thousand and the rest was for tests...Hummmm...

12grand, Houston Texas, True Results, but i decided to save 2grand & went for the band at 10grand. Biggest mistake of my life.

Good luck!

$13,800 for single incision (belly button) surgery in Houston, TX with Dr. Yu @ TLC. I'm very pleased almost 4 months out.

$18,500 in Atlanta. I pay 10% and insurance pays the other 90%!