Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self - Pay Costs?

Self pays pay the whole amount - self pay does not refer to your portion of insurance costs. Totally different beast.

It is $14,500 in Houston- that includes everything for pre-op (classes, nutritionist, mental health eval, diet kit), surgeon fees, hospital fees for 1 night/2 days, lifetime followup appointments, and a free 1-year gym membership to local fitness center. As you lose weight, they also reward you with gift cards to the spa as incentives. :)

<strong><span style="font-size:14px;">Can any one please tell me what the going price for Gastric sleeve surgery is in the states??? I am self pay and I have heard 10 thousand to 25 thousand... I am having surgery in Florida for about 23 thousand. Is that about right or am I being HAD???? Help Help!</span></strong>

$18, 750 sleeve

$ 26, 000 RNY

Central Wisconsin

Bariatric center of excellence

The hospital costs are what can really add up. My surgery was $9800 because it was done outpatient.

I'm in West Palm and looked into it, I was told $18,000 and that covered the doctor and hospital, but not all the pre/post-op which ( I was told) would run another 3-5.

I'm looking into Mexico. LOL or possibly that Doc in Boca that someone mentioned above.

Good luck!

I'm in West Palm and looked into it, I was told $18,000 and that covered the doctor and hospital, but not all the pre/post-op which ( I was told) would run another 3-5.

I'm looking into Mexico. LOL or possibly that Doc in Boca that someone mentioned above.

Good luck!

Dr. Shillingford in Boca is a fantastic doctor. You will save a lot of money and get a great doctor in the process. With that said do what is best for you! Good luck in the new year!! :)

I paid the surgeon $5,000 and the hospital $7,500 in Dallas - total of $12,500.

Yesterday I got a bill from the anesthesiologist for $3,200. Surprise! Going to call the surgeon's office tomorrow to see if it's legit. I'm pretty sure nobody mentioned this before the surgery...

I paid 25,000 at Colombia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City .. Two night stay and not to mention that didn't cover nutritionist visits only 2 post ops with the surgeon ...

My doctor/hospital fees are $20000, my insurance allows $18000. I pay 10% UP to the first 1000 and then the insurance pays 100%. so my out of pocket was 1000 plus 500 in nut, prescrip, and other misc. I am hoping the $200 for the nutritionist will be reimbursed.

$9800 self pay, outpatient in Louisiana. I couldn't see paying over $12000 as a self pay. That would be ridiculous.

I'm paying 12,400. It includes anesthesia, 2 nights in the hospital and aftercare appointments for the first 3 months (I think free diet classes forever though).

Edited by niassy151

I paid $10,500 in Boca Raton, Florida with an outstanding surgeon. You are paying way to much! I know of at least 5 people that used him and none of us have had any complications and the hospital was wonderful. This is all inclusive with tests, nutritionist, 2 days in the hospital etc. His name is Dr. Shillingford and you can google him. I checked him out extensively before my surgery and he had absolutely nothing but good reports. Best of luck to you!

Is the entire $10,500 due up front or can you make payments?

I paid $10,500 in Boca Raton, Florida with an outstanding surgeon. You are paying way to much! I know of at least 5 people that used him and none of us have had any complications and the hospital was wonderful. This is all inclusive with tests, nutritionist, 2 days in the hospital etc. His name is Dr. Shillingford and you can google him. I checked him out extensively before my surgery and he had absolutely nothing but good reports. Best of luck to you!

Call Nancy the front office manager she can fill you in. I know it had to be paid in full on the day of surgery. You could probably set a date with her and make prepayments to fit your budget and when it is paid you will have your surgery. He really is a great surgeon and Nancy is fantastic. Goodle Dr. Shillingford and you will get his number.

Call Nancy the front office manager she can fill you in. I know it had to be paid in full on the day of surgery. You could probably set a date with her and make prepayments to fit your budget and when it is paid you will have your surgery. He really is a great surgeon and Nancy is fantastic. Goodle Dr. Shillingford and you will get his number.

I actually called the two cheapest options (outside of Mexico) that were posted. Here's a little info for those looking for a cheaper surgery.

Dr. Borland's office (New Iberia, Louisiana) - $9,800, but doesn't include the lab work, EKG or chest x-rays. Payment is required before surgery in the form of 4 cashier's checks. The original consultation with the doctor is done over the phone - you don't see him until surgery. The lady didn't give me much more information because apparently she was busy.

Dr. Schillingford's office (Boca Raton, Florida) - $10,500, but includes all the lab work, x-rays and EKG as well as a 2 night stay in the hospital. Payment is required before surgery and they take pretty much all forms of payment including credit cards and Care Credit. The consultation is directly with the doctor and after that, you can go ahead and get the lab work and such done and if all is well, they will schedule surgery for the next day, which is great for those of us coming from out of state. Nancy (who was very sweet and helpful) also said the surgery was performed at a "real" hospital and it's one of the Bariatric Centers of Excellence.

After weighing the two, I'm going with Dr. Schillingford. It seems like a better value and it gives me a good chance to dip my toes in the surf before my appointment!

Thanks to all for the info and suggestions!

Edited by Melodica

I actually called the two cheapest options (outside of Mexico) that were posted. Here's a little info for those looking for a cheaper surgery.

Dr. Borland's office (New Iberia, Louisiana) - $9,800, but doesn't include the lab work, EKG or chest x-rays. Payment is required before surgery in the form of 4 cashier's checks. The original consultation with the doctor is done over the phone - you don't see him until surgery. The lady didn't give me much more information because apparently she was busy.

Dr. Schillingford's office (Boca Raton, Florida) - $10,500, but includes all the lab work, x-rays and EKG as well as a 2 night stay in the hospital. Payment is required before surgery and they take pretty much all forms of payment including credit cards and Care Credit. The consultation is directly with the doctor and after that, you can go ahead and get the lab work and such done and if all is well, they will schedule surgery for the next day, which is great for those of us coming from out of state. Nancy (who was very sweet and helpful) also said the surgery was performed at a "real" hospital and it's one of the Bariatric Centers of Excellence.

After weighing the two, I'm going with Dr. Schillingford. It seems like a better value and it gives me a good chance to dip my toes in the surf before my appointment!

Thanks to all for the info and suggestions!

I am so glad you chose Dr. Shillingford he really is a good person and an excellent surgeon. After my surgery and I came back for my post op check he literally spent an hour plus with me answering every question that I had. At no time did he ever make me feel like I was taking his time. The hospital that does the testing was done so quickly I couldn't believe it. I might have hit it at a good time but literally I was taken from dept to dept and done within and hour and a half at most. The other nice thing is Dr. Shillingford doesn't keep you on puree and liquid forever after the surgery. He gets you back on food pretty quick and everyone I know that had him for their surgeon did not have any trouble doing this. There is a restaurant there called BJ's on the Beach and you absolutely have to go there before surgery!! It has a beautiful view right on the beach and the food is really really good! If I can help you with anything please don't hesitate to ask. Nancy is amazing and will answer your questions and help you with absolutely everything! Good luck to you!! :)