Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded in Williamsburg

Hey Harley Nana,

I am looking in the Outer Banks for a permanent home. I now live right off the Bypass before the toll in Chesapeake. My parents are considering retiring and I decided if they do it, so will I...Live down there that is :) Do you know if the schools are pretty good? I have a 4 year old and will be ready for school by the time we make our move. Lots of reasonable Water front properties. Raised on the water. Miss the sea doo's and boating. This weight has really taken life away from me from all areas. Not going to be able to get my band until Feb or March. Have to do the 6 mth Doc Supervised thingy before my insurance will cover it :confused: Gotta do what I gotta do :D Taking lots of great notes from you all. In and outs... great to know!

Heather, as you probably know, it's a buyers market right now. My place is in Kill Devil Hills, on the beach road, MP 6.5, which is pretty central.

If I were going to live there year round, I'd probably look on the sound side, a little quieter and not quite as busy, although the sunsets are beautiful.

I think a good realtor is key. There's a guy at Sun Realty, his name is Larry Newcomb. Give him a try if you're not with anyone yet. Tell him Pat sent you :cool:

Oh yeah Gina, it's about time for a fill, I had fried oysters at the Surf Rider in Hampton yesterday. OMG, they were so good, although, after I finished my salad, I only ate a few of them.

Have you tried using the darker lettuce, when I go to a salad bar, I only use spinach. Iceburg is such a waste of chewing, no nutrition there.

Take Care

Hi HarleyNana -- I go for my fill on Thursday - will you be there? My appt is at 1:15 - love to see you there!

I will give spinach a try-- the past week plus - restriction is weak -- I can eat lettice again and much much more that i don't even want to admit. I am up 2 lbs - today I went back to the basics - just need to make it to Thursday!

I read an article from 2004 (I think) that talked about the 2nd lapband surgery that Doctor T did -- it was in the Daily Press. I was surprised they didn't mention you - go figure....

Gina, not much to have to "go figure", the reporter was at Dr. T's office while patient #2 was there, and asked her if she'd be interested in being in the article, she was also approached about a TV special that HAD been in the works.

Also, when I completed my original paperwork, there was a question about being filmed during the operation, and I opted NOT to do that. Just the thought of a non medical person in the OR, with a camera, made me uncomfortable, not to mention the thought of typical hospital war stories....staff infections. Also, the medical editor of our local channel 13 wanted to do a story, not sure if that ever happened or not.

So you see, not much to go figure, just a matter of choice...:Banane35:

Hi I have my first appoint. on Thursday to meet with my doc. Very excited!!!!. I would like for for us to keep in contact for I can have a friend to ask questions and share similiar momments. My surgery will be proform in Rich. Va at MCV Hospital, with Dr. Maher. How was it the last 5 hrs. before surgery how did they prepare you? Thanks Keyairah

Congrat's Keyairah --

My surgery was at 9:30am - my instructions was nothing to eat or drink after midnight (I think it was) the night before.

Please do take a pillow to hold on your lap for your ride home in the car - it will help with the bumps in the rode.

We are here to provide support -- ;)

Gina, not much to have to "go figure", the reporter was at Dr. T's office while patient #2 was there, and asked her if she'd be interested in being in the article, she was also approached about a TV special that HAD been in the works.

Also, when I completed my original paperwork, there was a question about being filmed during the operation, and I opted NOT to do that. Just the thought of a non medical person in the OR, with a camera, made me uncomfortable, not to mention the thought of typical hospital war stories....staff infections. Also, the medical editor of our local channel 13 wanted to do a story, not sure if that ever happened or not.

So you see, not much to go figure, just a matter of choice...;)

HarleyNana -- you are doing absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I would have wanted to be filmed (in OR) either.

Hope to meet you soon!

Hi HarleyNana, I'm here - just been very busy getting ready for surgery Tuesday!!!!! Signgirl and I met the other night at our nutrition and support group at the hospital.

Hi Signgirl! Did you get your room finished?

I think I'm ready for Tuesday. I've got everything except for some sugar free popcycles. I'm gonna run to the store today to get the last few things. Monday I'll get my pain medicine and then I'm done. My surgery is scheduled for 7:30 and Dr. T said I will probably be home by 11:30. Any last words of wisdom?

GR8 - you changed your picture - you look wonderful! And your weight loss is out of this world! I can't wait to start updating my ticker.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Thanks DonnaJade!

I had my 5th fill Thursday -- Dr T thinks I lost 20 lbs in 6 week -- (I checked when I got home -really only 14) I told him no way - he wouldn't give up on it -- so I put my hand on my hip and told him -- "well you better still give me my fill" -- he didn't argue -- wheeew. I was scared reading all the stories here of individuals that don't get one because of the amt of loss. He could barely get .4 cc's in -- he said I won't be needing a fill for a long while, my next appt will be at the office. -- I am at my sweet spot and losing at a good rate (Per him).

I am one of those that likes it real - REAL tight (I am guessing). You could tell he was really worried - he kept making me drink Water, asking "you don't feel any pressure"- and made sure to tell me to call him no matter what time if I find it to tight -stressing whenever! WOW - that got me second guessing myself if I am/was to tight. Talk about a stressful (1hr) ride home, which did tighten the band in it's self.

No problems though -- I did my liquids and today -- I have eatten cashews, popcorn without any issue! Opps - not good choices - just needed to MUNCH!

I got my hair cut short yesterday -- and DH took the picture - thanks for noticing.

Hugs!

:DHey there!!!!!!! how's everybody doing? I've been so busy lately! Just wish I was busy doing fun stuff! LOL! I've been feeling like a very pregnant woman lately.....having some serious nesting syndrome going on (and belly still gets in the way !) I've been painting and cleaning and feeling like time is running out and I must do it all now before life changes!!!! Crazy!

Donna, it sure was a treat to meet you at the nutrition class/lap band support meeting! That was great! Finished the pre-op tests,still have the meeting with doc clark and the exercise consult....but I have a surgery time: 7:30 am wed. the 31st!

I hope everyone is doing terrific! Pat, see you on the other thread

Donna, good luck on tuesday! I bet you are getting excited and nervous. You will do great.

signgirl your surgery is around the corner, Halloween, that is funny! hopefully no goblins in the room.

gina wow, your 5th fill!!and 20lbs!!! that is great. how are you feeling now with the fill? are you eating ok?

I have had 3 fills, and I am at 6cc. My NP told me to make a doctor appt. for two months away and if I needed a fill to call for a flouro this time. I decided due to their busy schedule to go ahead and get my name on the schedule. My appt. is for November 13. I may or may not get it. After my fill on October 8, just another .5cc, I feel restriction. it is so weird. i can eat crisp calafornia frozen brand pizza, 2-3 peices, no problem. but today had a hard time with stew and spaghetti and meat sauce. I have eaten Pasta before with no issues. so who knows? I may or may not keep the fill appoinment but at least I am have it ready if I do.

I am jealous Heather and HarleyNana! I would love to retire and move to nags head! I love the beach. Maybe some day. I have one grandaughter, age 2 and one on the way. I am not sure I want to be to far away.

I am glad for us Virginians! has anyone heard from Zannie? I hope she is doing ok.

Gina, sounds like you're right on track, new hairdo and all. What size band do you have? I have the smaller 4cc band, if I had to guess, I would say my last fill was maybe my 5th fill, and that was at 2.5 years. I insist on smidgens, as Dr. T calls them. Congrats on finding the sweet spot, hopefully it will last for a long time, WTG.

Diane, had to laugh at the goblins in the operating room, too funny. Get your painting done?

Donna, Tuesday, how great is that! You've got to be thrilled and apprehensive t the same time. You'll be fine.

Janine, it's amazing how those crispy things will slide right down, but maybe you got a potato or Pasta that wasn't quite chewed enough. I don't do well with potatoes or beef or pasta, unless it's my DNL's pasta salad, then it's the thin spaghetti with lots of Italian dressing, yummmm.

All this talk about food, now I've got the munchies.

Later gals.