Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Kathy--YES!!! I have been really tired lately! Mine started a few weeks ago (after my TOM). I thought it was realated to that...but now it has been too long for that.

I am going to start taking my mulitvitamin again and see if that will help. I am in the same boat with getting lax with tracking my Protein, so maybe that it the prob, too.

I feel like I'm tired all the time. Partially from working nights I'm sure but since school started again gettting up early with the kids.... Anyway I got a fill today but she only put a little more than 1cc in. I tried to get more but she wants to go slow since I got too full. Not noticing any difference yet but it's only been 2 hrs ha ha. I'll be hopeful this will help.

Hi All, It's been awhile but I've been busy with work, vacation, kids and biking.

Welcome to all of you new people. I barely remember a few of the names.

I'm down 86 pounds (YAHOO!!) So now I'm down over 1/4 of my total weight when I started this effort. I'm not in 5x or 6x clothes anymore, just 1x or 2x tops and 3x bottoms. I'm hoping to get to be down 100 pounds by my one year anniversary of banding in October.

And the best part is that I feel so much better. Not exhausted every day just from walking in from a parking lot.

For those that are just starting on this effort, I've got to say it is worth it.

Hope to make see you all at the Sept get together. I was out of town on the Aug one. If it wasn't for the traffic, I'd bike over to Polaris for the meeting.

Susan

SEEBS

And about feeling tired. It's always if I don't eat Protein that I feel more tired. I've got to eat protein at every meal and most of the meal at that. I'm not one that records what I eat or take my Vitamins regularly, but I sure feel tired if I don't eat the protein at every meal. Also if I don't get to exercise for more than 3 days in a row. That makes me tired too.

I'm getting an adjustment next week. The first one since April. I've been waiting since June but still losing slowly. I'm just eating more now and want to stop.

Susan

SEEBS

I started taking B12 and can't tell yet if its helping but I'll let you know. I take Viactiv Calcium chewable - chocolate flavored and I take it in the evening and the other Vitamins in the morning as I was told to take the calcium separate.

Today was so weird on food - I went thru a Taco Bell drive thru and got a couple crunchy tacos and a side order of Beans and after 1 taco and about 2 bites of the second one, I was so full I couldn't believe it. I hate to admit it but I could down two or three tacos and add a burito on top in the old days. What a change. After about 3 hours I ate the rest of my lunch once I got home and reheated the beans and just ate the inside of the taco and thru the shell away.

Since so many of us post about thinning or losing hair during weight loss I wanted to let you know I did talk again with my hair stylist I've gone to for years and she has very positively recommended Biotin for hair - I was taking 1000 mcg and she said I could go as high as 2000 mcg a day. I'll let you know if I am seeing a difference but she said she has another client that has had lapband and its definitely helping. I think I can already tell that its helping in my fingernails - they're all getting long and strong!

I also take the chewable calcuim, Meijers brand. I like the caramel version. It is a treat that I have in the middle of the afternoons when I want candy. It isn't as good as Rolo candy or a Butterfinger bar, but I take two and it is my treat. Has anyone tried the chocolate Mint version? I think it tastes like just a smell of chocolate and mint on top of a square of plastic.

Susan

Hello all, I have posted here lately but I read everyday. Everyone seems to be hangin there.

This is what I have been up to:

Lots of Water

Lots of Protein

Lots of Fiber

Low fat

Low carb

Good food choices

Increased exercise

I get my first fill on Tuesday; boy do I need it. I am hoping Dr. Choban feels generous and give me a BIG fill!!! I do not have any restriction at all and am hanging in there by my nails; which I would eat - but they are attached!!! I was banded July 16th have lost a total of 26 pounds. Which is great; but I have a ways to go.

I have had several non scales related successes and that always keeps me going. I do not regret this decision at all. It was the best money I have ever spent.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Oh, by the way; I dyed my hair RED this weeks! I really think I am recreating myself.:thumbdown:

Lynlynkr,

I also went red headed last summer before the surgery. It was good for a change. But I changed back to be brown with blonde highlights. I'm thinking that 86 pounds down is my change for now.

I was so happy after the first fill. Just eat enough to get full and then stop. Just perfect.

Susan

Hi girlies, I'm home. Sorry its taken so long to post, but I don't think straight on pain killers, and I've had quite a lot of that lately. Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes. Surgery went great with no complications. I had open RNY so I have an incision thats 4" long and a drain. I couldn't believe how good my incision site looked. The drain will come out this week (thank God). I was on Clear Liquids Wed. and Thur. and then went to full liquids when I came home Fri. I have not been hungery at all..... that sounds so strange to me. I am having trouble getting in more that 45 to 50oz of Water a day, but it's getting better every day. I have been walking about 10 min. at a time on my treadmill 4 or 5 times a day. It really helps with the soreness.

I get tired pretty easy, but I understand thats fairly normal.

Everyone at Mt. Carmel treated me wonderful, from the girl that checked me in to the student nurse that pushed me to my car when I was leaving. I couldn't have asked for better treatment.

Patty~ Good luck tomorrow. I am praying for you and for a speedy recovery.

Everyone have a blessed day.

Thanks ~ Angie, I can always use an extra prayer...

I am so excited!!!

I am glad to hear that you are doing well.. Keep up the good work and we will do this one day at a time...

Take Care

Thinner Me -- Good to hear you are home and doing well.

Patty -- Wishing you all the best tomorrow. Dr. Price is an excellent surgeon so I know you are in good hands.