Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Slow Losers Thread

Hello all, I do believe I am gonna be a slow loser also...Im going on 5 weeks and have lost 22, I did stall for about a week. Because of my job I have a few more challenges which I feel will slow me a bit but I know I will get there but more important than the scale I feel wonderful!

I am a slow loser too. I went for my 6 week check up and have lost a total of 23 lbs since surgery. I think I know my problem....need more daily Water intake, Protein & excersise more. I do have restriction though. I have thrown up twice, my fault from taking big bites. However I found out I am probably not a dumper. On Thanksgiving I ate a bite of apple cobbler & it didn't bother me nor did the sweet potato casserole. I hope I'm wrong. I do not want to go back to old habits.

I'm 11months out and have always been able to eat anything, and also don't have the dumping. I've had an upper GI for a bowel obstruction and the pouch is there. Really frustrating

I am also trying very bard to get all my water...ive been guzzling all day it feels like. I have a desk job from 8:30 till 5 so trying to walk at lunchtime and once I get kids to bed....but it doesnt happen as often as I'd like. My goal this week is to get 64 oz Water daily...no excuses.

Im a mild dumper. I've tried some cake and on another occasion some chocolate. Small amounts. It makes me feel incredibly nauseous and I start to feel hot and a bit flushed. It dissipates after 15-45 minutes. Some people will say im an idiot for even trying those foods (and is why I lose slowly) but as part of living my life with RNY im choosing to indulge on the odd occasion and definitely in moderation. A bite of chocolate cake insread of the whole cake ( not exaggerating) is progress im proud of! I haven't yet tried alcohol. I do enjoy a glass of wine even now and then or a beer on a hot day, but haven't yet seen how it might affect me.

I do good at my Protein goals I average 88 grams a day but Water ugh until a couple days ago water crystal light etc hurt but I am able now to get in about 32 to 48 oz, I just keep working at it lol

I'm 26 lbs down at 8.5 weeks. I have a total of 60 lbs to loose so...I guess I'm half way there. Just frustrated!

I too am a slow loser I am glad there is a thread for us. I am happy for those dropping a lot of weight but must admit I wish I was one of them. I am 10 weeks out and have lost 26 lbs. today I have gained 2 pounds back but I am swelling in my ankles. I tried my was pill last week my ankles looked great some weight came off but ended up with a Migraine and thought I was going to pass out and probably would have if my husband had not been there to get me to my bed quickly. Not sure what to do about the edema because I surely did not like those side effects. I try to keep telling myself the weight will come off but that little voice inside comes back with worry I won't.

I too am a slow loser I am glad there is a thread for us. I am happy for those dropping a lot of weight but must admit I wish I was one of them. I am 10 weeks out and have lost 26 lbs. today I have gained 2 pounds back but I am swelling in my ankles. I tried my was pill last week my ankles looked great some weight came off but ended up with a Migraine and thought I was going to pass out and probably would have if my husband had not been there to get me to my bed quickly. Not sure what to do about the edema because I surely did not like those side effects. I try to keep telling myself the weight will come off but that little voice inside comes back with worry I won't.

That nagging voice is pestering me constantly too. The edema must be annoying. Perhaps something that will correct itself once a few more pounds come off?

Today I have met my Water goal and then some. Im very interested to see if dramatically increased water will help me lose more over this coming week. Today I'm 6 weeks 2 days out from surgery and im finally feeling my clothes being slightly loose (15.5 lbs lost). Until now I've filled out my pre- surgery clothes with no sign of baggyness.

I feel like Im also losing very slowly had my surgery nov 13th almost a month ago. My heighest weight was 276 . I was 258 on the day of the surgery and now only 241. I seemed to lose faster without the surgery.. -_- because in a week before the surgery I lost 18 lbs and since the surgery (3 weeks) only 17lbs.

I feel like Im also losing very slowly had my surgery nov 13th almost a month ago. My heighest weight was 276 . I was 258 on the day of the surgery and now only 241. I seemed to lose faster without the surgery.. -_- because in a week before the surgery I lost 18 lbs and since the surgery (3 weeks) only 17lbs.

so let's be realistic here, could you have kept up, for the rest of your life, the diet you were on the week before surgery (I certainly could not have spent any longer living on Clear Liquids and Protein shakes). Also keep in mind that when you first start a strict diet you lose a bunch of Water weight, it's still weight, but it comes off much differently and won't continue to come off like that. Seventeen pounds in 3 weeks is amazing. It's over 5 pounds a week! What exactly were you expecting? You've got a LONG road ahead of you, plus a lifetime of bad eating habits to overcome. I encourage you to set some realistic goals for yourself and not expect miracles and to embrace your success!!!! You are doing great. When's the last time you lost this much weight without starving yourself??? Enjoy the journey, stop focusing so much on the goal and enjoy the trip, it's a wild one!!!!

so let's be realistic here, could you have kept up, for the rest of your life, the diet you were on the week before surgery (I certainly could not have spent any longer living on clear liquids and Protein shakes). Also keep in mind that when you first start a strict diet you lose a bunch of Water weight, it's still weight, but it comes off much differently and won't continue to come off like that. Seventeen pounds in 3 weeks is amazing. It's over 5 pounds a week! What exactly were you expecting? You've got a LONG road ahead of you, plus a lifetime of bad eating habits to overcome. I encourage you to set some realistic goals for yourself and not expect miracles and to embrace your success!!!! You are doing great. When's the last time you lost this much weight without starving yourself??? Enjoy the journey, stop focusing so much on the goal and enjoy the trip, it's a wild one!!!!
I wasnt expecting to wake up from one day to the next and suddenly be 150 lbs but I'm not quite sure how I lost more before the surgery rather than after but the Water weight you mentioned is pretty understandable. I know that the surgery was a just a tool and not a "miracle" Im ready to embrace anything that comes at me along this long road even stalls or whatever. I wasnt saying that I regret the surgery or anything. I just though that this is what this thread was for. I seemed to think I was losing slowly. But anywho Im ready to accept whatever weight loss that comes my way

I wasnt expecting to wake up from one day to the next and suddenly be 150 lbs but I'm not quite sure how I lost more before the surgery rather than after but the Water weight you mentioned is pretty understandable. I know that the surgery was a just a tool and not a "miracle" Im ready to embrace anything that comes at me along this long road even stalls or whatever. I wasnt saying that I regret the surgery or anything. I just though that this is what this thread was for. I seemed to think I was losing slowly. But anywho Im ready to accept whatever weight loss that comes my way

just trying to let you know you've done great and should be proud of what you've accomplished.