Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Slow Losers Thread

Im also losing slowly, what I started to do was revert back to my liquid phase, I had surgery August 20th, was 240, now 177, at first I was dropoing so fast my head was spinning, but then I got lazy and stopped getting in all my Protein so so the weight lost almost complete stopped, Ive been doing my Protein Shake diet for three days and have lost 3 lbs, only plan on doing it for a week then going back to solids and staying ontop of my protein, im not starving myself, I still get 600+ calories a day but lots of protein and Water definitely help

I had my surgery on 11/19/13 thr day I came home I weighed 266 I was loseing bout 2lbs a day I started mushie food monday 2/2/13 an I've not lost any more Ugh is it because I started food or what I'm sad I'm also stopped up started drinking myralax yesterday hepped a lil I'm mostly eating fish n cottage chesse an egg whites high protien stuff so I don't understand what's wrong I'm at 244 so that's like 20lbs in lil over 2 weeks so I guess I shouldn't complain frustrated

Also nothing has bothered me yet my atimach makes lots of noises now but do pain no problems with the foods I've tried in moshie stag an I've had coffee Creamers that weren't sf not a lot but some I don't really feel the full thing either but I haven't push the limit but if I didn't have the scares I'd swear I hadn't had surgery I went back to work 10 days after surgery n worked blk friday stayed up 30 hours with no problem I tell people its scarey how I haven't had any problems but blessed to from things I read don't see the doc for first time since surgery til 12/16

I'm 11months out and have always been able to eat anything, and also don't have the dumping. I've had an upper GI for a bowel obstruction and the pouch is there. Really frustrating

Windy, how much have you lost?

I'm 11months out and have always been able to eat anything, and also don't have the dumping. I've had an upper GI for a bowel obstruction and the pouch is there. Really frustrating

I've lost 50 lbs but have been at this weight for about 5 or 6 mo. I'm at 204 and can't get below that 200 mark no matter what I do.

Hi again guys. ..im using this thread as my weigh in area in case anyone is interested in the progress of a slower loser. I lost 2.5 lbs this week. That makes a total loss of 18 lbs from my morning of surgery 7 weeks ago.

My mission this week was to up my Water intake and I've manged 64oz everyday. I lost more this week than I did last week so that's great.

My personal goal for this week is to keep up the Water and also ensure I get a full quota of Protein in each day. Im going back to shakes as a supplement to ensure I reach the required level. Next week I take my 2 month measurements and also see my nut so that'll be interesting to see what she thinks.

I know many /most other RNY peeps have lost 25-40lbs by this 7 week stage....but im not letting that get me down. I'm choosing to remain positive and to focus on my own journey while also supporting others in theirs.

I take heart in the fact I have lost every week (even if some weeks only half a lb) and haven't yet encountered a stall. Im sure it'll come thou! Hope everyone is having an awesome week. :-)

Rachel - HW ever: 283, SW (day of surgery 21/10/13): 241, CW: 223

I'm a little more than 2 weeks post op. I was 323 the day of surgery and have now been sitting at 302 for the last 3 days. I'm not discouraged. My surgeon said a 2 week stall is completely normal. I think it drives me more crazy knowing I'm so close to the 200's!! Especially because I have a lot of weight to lose!!!

I'm a little more than 2 weeks post op. I was 323 the day of surgery and have now been sitting at 302 for the last 3 days. I'm not discouraged. My surgeon said a 2 week stall is completely normal. I think it drives me more crazy knowing I'm so close to the 200's!! Especially because I have a lot of weight to lose!!!

Im sure you'll soon kick that 300 and find yourself in the 200's before you know it! Understand the stall frustration...Before surgery I would diet and sometimes be relatively successful in getting down to 205 lbs. I was never able to get below 200. Not ever. I was 12 years old the last time I was in the 190's. I can't wait to see those numbers! Let us know when u break 300!

:-)

Thank you, I will!!!

I'm cheering. I lost 1 lb in 10 days. I'll take 1 lb every 10 days. That would be 20 lbs by summer. Yeah I can see my goal!

I'm cheering. I lost 1 lb in 10 days. I'll take 1 lb every 10 days. That would be 20 lbs by summer. Yeah I can see my goal!

Sure as heck better than gaining a pound every 10 days!!! Way to go!!!

I finally made it out of the 330s!!! It was a 5 week stall. Yesterday, 331. Today, 329! I hope this is the end of stalls for a few weeks. I really really do.

I finally made it out of the 330s!!! It was a 5 week stall. Yesterday, 331. Today, 329! I hope this is the end of stalls for a few weeks. I really really do.

5 weeks. That must've been driving you nuts! Congrats on breaking that bad boy!