Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Dr. Says If I Gain 1 More Pound I Will Be Given An Extra Month Visit But....

Now this is another issue I'm experiencing...there's some foods I want to get in before I can no longer touch them..but I'm only allowing a spoonfull or handfull..this ends for me after thanksgiving...then I have 3 months to focus completely on the necessary changes!! And yes, slim fast worked great for me, I lost 30lbs in 8wks. Good idea...lol. It would be nice to be approved then have to make all these adjustments...I'm just saying I will do whatever I need to in order to maintain my sleeve but geesh, give it to me first...LOL!!!

I like to have fun, but honestly, I think you should have your thyroid checked. At least it would help you eliminate issues from the start. Plus, I have read before that we eat 3 meals a day to keep our metabolism revved up and for fat burn. It will be a necessity after the surgery so you don't go back in the hospital for something more serious.

I think you need to come clean and be honest with yourself about your eating habits. In your post you say you don't eat a lot and then answer a post and say that you do. People just don't get fat by eating little amounts of food twice a day.

You need to admit that you were eating two or three times a day, copious amounts of food. You may need a nutritionist to help you understand what kinds/how much food you should be eating at a meal.

As has been said here many times before, the sleeve is just a tool it won't instantly make you lose weight. Make sure you seek counseling before you enter into such a life altering surgery; good luck.

I'm a meal skipper too. I'd go all day and then eat a huge meal for dinner Bc I'd let myself get too hungry. My nut has told me if I gain weight during my supervised visits that they'd extend me.

I was told that meal skipping needs to be nipped in the bud before surgery, as that cannot happen afterward. She said if I cannot stomach eating Breakfast that I am to have one Protein Drink, then a small healthy meal of meat and veggies for lunch and dinner. If I get hungry, she listed a couple of snack I can have. Yogurt, low fat cottage cheese or a piece of fruit. This is to get me in the habit of eating how I'll be eating after surgery. It's hard. I've lost 10 pounds and my last visit is December 6. I try and tell myself that if I cannot stick to this, how am I gonna do my preop? I just wanted to let you know I totally feel where you're coming from.

April

And this is me exactly!!! Never felt hungry til I go all day then I eat a huge meal and be set til the next day..I just need to work on old habits. I want to do it the healthy way. We obviously all have bad habits to break. I want to eat 3 proportioned meals vs my 1-2 heavy meals. I've began making changes but I still feel like I'm eating more now..it may be healthier but its more...imma be focused on increasing my workout and balancing my meals and Snacks. Good to know someone can relate..thx

I think you need to come clean and be honest with yourself about your eating habits. In your post you say you don't eat a lot and then answer a post and say that you do. People just don't get fat by eating little amounts of food twice a day.

You need to admit that you were eating two or three times a day, copious amounts of food. You may need a nutritionist to help you understand what kinds/how much food you should be eating at a meal.

As has been said here many times before, the sleeve is just a tool it won't instantly make you lose weight. Make sure you seek counseling before you enter into such a life altering surgery; good luck.

Maybe I was unclear somewhere but I was eating a lot in one sitting...I didn't just get fat, I've been fat but that happened over many years of large portions and the mindset given as a child to always clear my plate and late night eating and sweets as Snacks...I kno what got me fat but these days my issue is eating one heavy meal a day since I hate food, it made me fat, it disgusts me, I never want to eat again. I hate to eat, I do it to sustain...so now I have to adjust to eating correctly and then the correct amounts at the right times of day. I am aware of the many changes I'm taking on and I just pray for strength every day...any support and encouragement will help too since I'm scared out of my mind yet I find comfort in my continued research and advice.

I was similar to this. My typical work shift has always been 6am to 2pm. I would eat nothing at work (too lazy to pack anything and didn't want to spend money to go out) so I would eat a huge meal when I got home from work and that was it...

My dietician prompted me to eat 3 meals a day. I did well for about a week and then tapered off. I would snack at work on things like PB crackers or nutro grain bars and then come come and eat my huge meal. I had another visit with her and she told me I need to get in the 3 meals. I told her I have a hard time stomaching anything in the morning due to being on the go at work and then getting nauseous. She suggested a Protein shake within an hour of waking up. I can do that! I was still having trouble eating a true lunch at work though so now I have another Protein shake! And! When I go home from work, I don't have to eat right away and when I do cool dinner, it's protein packed! I've dropped a couple pounds in the last couple weeks. Woohu! I can't wait until after surgery so I can eat smaller portions and feel satisfied though. I won't be sleeved until January so between now and then, I'll be transitioning myself to pack a lunch of protein packed items.

I've found that with myself, if I try to change all my bad habits at once, I fail. That's why I chose having surgery so far out ( I'm self pay) so I can change my crappy habits and implement the things I need to do forever! This surgery will be such a great tool in helping me stick with things. My biggest "threat" so to speak is carbs. I can say I've been "carb free" for a week! Breads, potatoes and rice were my weaknesses. I cleaned out my fridge, freezer, pantry and cupboards of EVERYTHING unhealthy and donated the foods. I live alone so if I don't buy it, I ain't eating it! I'm spoiled in that sense because I don't have to worry about others bringing junk in or wanting junk so I'm not even tempted.

Good luck!

I urge you to take a good honest look at what you are eating. If two meals is working for you, and you aren't eating large amounts, I'd ignore the NUT. She's not the one at risk.

I have said this other places in these forums and gotten slammed but my nurae case manager -- and all the staff at my surgery center has had some kind of bariatric surgery including my nurse case manager (she does the insurance submissions) told me that many nutritionists majored in nutrition because nursing school was hard. Now that is a nurse talking so she's biased. She also said it depends on where they got their degree.

I have talked to some absolute ninny NUTs who had good intentions but poor information. All the ones I have met are very young, have never been morbidly obese and the advice they give you comes from books, not seasoned experience. has anyone worked with a NUT in her fifties? All the ones I meet are slim, twenty-something-ish and, well, . .your instincts and your choices are going to get you where you want to be, not the NUT.

If twomeals works for you and you are under the gone to stop gaining, do two meals. It's not that much longer. Just don't tell the NUT. or the doc. whether you lose a pound or two more or less pre surgery is not going to matter.

And a big congrats on quitting smoking -- that is huge. Except one thing: usually folks who quite smoking gain cause they eat when they have the urge to smoke. You take responsibility for what you put in your mouth, don't give your power to the NUT. If you are sated, not hungry with two meals, do two meals. If you are gaining on three, you are eating too much, cigs or no cigs, NUT approval or no nut approval. Look carefully at what you eat and eat low enough to lose a pound. It's not that hard.

Plus me, I stop drinking liquid around six p.m. before I go to surgery related doc visits, I never eat brekkie before my weight in, I bring Water and a Protein shake and drink them after the weigh in. Usually I drink a ton of Water at night and in the morning. Not on days I get weighed. Also I schedule early for the apptmt so I can get weighed and drink my brekkie.

I was similar to this. My typical work shift has always been 6am to 2pm. I would eat nothing at work (too lazy to pack anything and didn't want to spend money to go out) so I would eat a huge meal when I got home from work and that was it...

My dietician prompted me to eat 3 meals a day. I did well for about a week and then tapered off. I would snack at work on things like PB crackers or nutro grain bars and then come come and eat my huge meal. I had another visit with her and she told me I need to get in the 3 meals. I told her I have a hard time stomaching anything in the morning due to being on the go at work and then getting nauseous. She suggested a Protein Shake within an hour of waking up. I can do that! I was still having trouble eating a true lunch at work though so now I have another Protein shake! And! When I go home from work, I don't have to eat right away and when I do cool dinner, it's protein packed! I've dropped a couple pounds in the last couple weeks. Woohu! I can't wait until after surgery so I can eat smaller portions and feel satisfied though. I won't be sleeved until January so between now and then, I'll be transitioning myself to pack a lunch of protein packed items.

I've found that with myself, if I try to change all my bad habits at once, I fail. That's why I chose having surgery so far out ( I'm self pay) so I can change my crappy habits and implement the things I need to do forever! This surgery will be such a great tool in helping me stick with things. My biggest "threat" so to speak is carbs. I can say I've been "carb free" for a week! Breads, potatoes and rice were my weaknesses. I cleaned out my fridge, freezer, pantry and cupboards of EVERYTHING unhealthy and donated the foods. I live alone so if I don't buy it, I ain't eating it! I'm spoiled in that sense because I don't have to worry about others bringing junk in or wanting junk so I'm not even tempted

Good luck!

Yup, that's how it was..a small snack would hold me over and breakfast?!?!? What's that..lol. I get hungry late at night and then eat way too much. I started the 3 meals but always feel forced. Maybe I will just try a shake for breakfast..good idea cuz I guess I'm at the stage where I kinda tapered off to 2 times but the shake instead of oatmeal sounds good.

I urge you to take a good honest look at what you are eating. If two meals is working for you, and you aren't eating large amounts, I'd ignore the NUT. She's not the one at risk.

I have said this other places in these forums and gotten slammed but my nurae case manager -- and all the staff at my surgery center has had some kind of bariatric surgery including my nurse case manager (she does the insurance submissions) told me that many nutritionists majored in nutrition because nursing school was hard. Now that is a nurse talking so she's biased. She also said it depends on where they got their degree.

I have talked to some absolute ninny NUTs who had good intentions but poor information. All the ones I have met are very young, have never been morbidly obese and the advice they give you comes from books, not seasoned experience. has anyone worked with a NUT in her fifties? All the ones I meet are slim, twenty-something-ish and, well, . .your instincts and your choices are going to get you where you want to be, not the NUT.

If twomeals works for you and you are under the gone to stop gaining, do two meals. It's not that much longer. Just don't tell the NUT. or the doc. whether you lose a pound or two more or less pre surgery is not going to matter.

And a big congrats on quitting smoking -- that is huge. Except one thing: usually folks who quite smoking gain cause they eat when they have the urge to smoke. You take responsibility for what you put in your mouth, don't give your power to the NUT. If you are sated, not hungry with two meals, do two meals. If you are gaining on three, you are eating too much, cigs or no cigs, NUT approval or no nut approval. Look carefully at what you eat and eat low enough to lose a pound. It's not that hard.

Plus me, I stop drinking liquid around six p.m. before I go to surgery related doc visits, I never eat brekkie before my weight in, I bring Water and a Protein shake and drink them after the weigh in. Usually I drink a ton of Water at night and in the morning. Not on days I get weighed. Also I schedule early for the apptmt so I can get weighed and drink my brekkie.

That makes sense to me. I wonder if it needs to be as strict a she says since everyone has different instructions from different sources, I wonder how much can she truly punish me. I wanna just go on a slimfast diet and lose some weight and then do the necessary diet when its necessary...by then it will be much easier..I hope. Smh.

And thanks to the quitting smoking. Surprisingly it was easy even after many years because my mind is so strong and I hated smoking and have been wanting to quit for so long. Then when I was told I must stop for surgery....that was my official last day...no temptations, no sneak hits and I can be around it and not have to change my surroundings or friends. My mind will be my next tool to get me thru this journey...

Quoting 'Amazon13'

"I think you need to come clean and be honest with yourself about your eating habits. In your post you say you don't eat a lot and then answer a post and say that you do. People just don't get fat by eating little amounts of food twice a day.

You need to admit that you were eating two or three times a day, copious amounts of food.< /strong> You may need a nutritionist to help you understand what kinds/how much food you should be eating at a meal.

As has been said here many times before, the sleeve is just a tool it won't instantly make you lose weight. Make sure you seek counseling before you enter into such a life altering surgery; good luck."

I know your comment wasn't directed at me but I felt compelled to respond. In my case that is exactly what happened, I ate 2x a day, sometimes only 1x a day and I gained weight very fast. My meals were not big, in fact I never wanted to eat and a doctor even told me he could sow my mouth shut and I would still gain weight because that is what hypothyroidism does to people. Admittedly though they were not healthy food options either when I finally would eat. I honestly feel like if I had known what hypothyroidism was or if someone even clued me in and mentioned that I should get it checked I would have saved myself years of gaining tons of weight. It wasn't just my eating habits that were affected, it was my everyday life. I would wake up for the day and an hour after waking up I would fall back to sleep and sleep for hours. That's how bad my thyroid beat my ass. Right around the time I probably developed hypothyroidism I was living at home still with my mom, I had a bedroom in the attic. My mom never bothered me, she was too busy with my younger siblings. I went to bed on Wednesday night and when I woke up I went downstairs and it was dark out and all the lights were off and everyone was asleep, so I just thought I woke in the middle of the night, so I went to back to bed. When I finally saw my mom she asked me where I was all that time and I was confused. She said I was missing for over a day and then told me it was Friday afternoon. Apparently I slept through Thursday completely, waking up around 3am on Friday after going to bed around 10pm on Wednesday. I was always just so tired and never had any energy to do anything at all. Before I turned 18 years old I was very active, had loads of energy and loved being around people, I was also at a very healthy weight (115 to 118 pounds). All I gotta say is that hypothyroidism sucks!

I urge you to take a good honest look at what you are eating. If two meals is working for you, and you aren't eating large amounts, I'd ignore the NUT. ......your instincts and your choices are going to get you where you want to be, not the NUT. If twomeals works for you and you are under the gone to stop gaining, do two meals. It's not that much longer. Just don't tell the NUT. or the doc. .

Whoa....really irresponsible advice here. First of all, you're judging her nut based on what? Her age? And you're a what? Not a nut? Not a bariatric surgeon? Not a dietician? Then maybe you're not qualified to set up this persons weight loss program.

Secondly....."if two meals is working for you".....it's not working. She is seeking WLS. Obviously her meal plan now isn't working. And obviously she doesn't know more than the nut or surgeon so she shouldn't be trying to modify the program to fit her desires. And really neither should anyone here. I'm not bashing anyone, but folks there are lines we should not cross. And telling someone to make up their own plan and lie to the doctor is over the line.

Butterthebean -- I think your response to what I wrote was a gross overreaction. Did you read the original post in this thread? She said she was eating two meals a day, gaining weight, approved for surgery and her doc had drawn an absurd line saying if she gained one more pound . . . . and you took what I said out of the whole context of my comment. And she was only talking about two weeks. Do you seriously think eating three meals a day for two weeks versus continuing what she was doing for two weeks is going to make any meaningful difference in her post-op recovery and establishment of new habits?

Obviously I have no criteria by which to judge this person's actual NUT. Have you met a lot of middle aged nutritionists who have devoted their lives to undertanding the nuances of how nutrition affects the human body, working to understand human metabolism, hormones, hypothyroidism, etc? I haven't. I have only met NUT's, and at some fairly prestigious institutions, who are young, poorly trained and, with a couple exceptions, fat bigots who don't believe patients can gain weight while not eating much food.

Also Butterbean, you seem to give MD's a lot more power than they deserve. Has anyone reading this ever been misdiagnosed multiple times as I have? It is called the PRACTICE of medicine for a reason.

People undergoing any major surgery have to trust their surgeons but let's dispense with the notion that surgeons are all knowing or that many of them know much at all about nutrition, hormones, thyroid issues. My surgeon performs surgeries five days a week. She does bariatric surgeries on Tuesdays. I don't kid myself that she knows about all aspects of my nutrition, my metabolism. And I do not trust the NUT I was required to see (fortunately only once) to be approved for surgery.

Two weeks. One pound. Two meals. Three meals. For two weeks, it doesn't much matter.

I don't think I crossed a line but you are entitled to your opinion. I think it is a disservice to encourge people to have blind faith in the health care system -- the system does not deserve it.

Lucky for me, my primary care doc knows about my deep skepticism and distrust. My bariatric surgery office thinks I blindly trust all of them. Here is what I trust: my own very deep understanding of nutrition, my own personal biochemist-trained nutritionist independent of my bariatric clinic and my surgeon's skills. All the insurance hoops, advice popped off by mostly young and often poorly educated "nutritionists" is a lot of sound and fury signifying little. I am the one who is going to have to eat right post op, gaining or not gaining a pound before surgery has little to do with anything.

I reiterate my earlier position: she needs to be honest with herself about what she is eating. For two weeks, what she does hardly matters. Being honest with herself about what she is eating matters hugely . but it is a common non-professional's fantasy that alll health care 'professionals' are knowledgeable and have state-of-the-art advice to offer. That's fantasy.

Surgeons, even bariataric ones, very very rarely know anything about nutrition, metabolism, how weight can fluctuate with no changes in food. It's a common fallacy in this culture to believe weight gain and loss is about calories in, calories out.

I liked the person who wrote about how they gained weight because of hypothyroidism.

We all want to have the fantasy that our doctors are gods. They aren't.

And I didn't tell her to lie to her doctor. I told her not to tell them. The doc was only looking at a number on a scale so give him the number he wants to see without telling him how you got it. Denying someone for surgery for one pound is absurd and I bet the doc was bluffing. I have observed that many folks involved in prep for bariatric surgery freely use manipulative techniques to bully patients. Manipulating people is not going to get them to change life patterns.

and Buttertebean, since you appear to have had your surgery a long while ago and I assume it has been a success and you have kept the weight off, I also assume you know that how much a person weighs, how much a person gains and loses, is not always -- and in fact rarely is -- a simple calories in calories out calculation. Obesity is complex. Medical science is showing increasingly that much, if not most, obesity is the result of health issues and not what a person ate. You want to believe in the fantasy that medical professionals are gods, go ahead. But they are not.

I told her to trust herself, be honest with herself. for two weeks. over one pound. Any doc who would actually cancel surgery over one pound is no doc I want to see. They were being maniulative, I think.

I toild her to trust herself.

Butterthebean -- I think your response to what I wrote was a gross overreaction. Did you read the original post in this thread? She said she was eating two meals a day, gaining weight, approved for surgery and her doc had drawn an absurd line saying if she gained one more pound . . . . and you took what I said out of the whole context of my comment. And she was only talking about two weeks. Do you seriously think eating three meals a day for two weeks versus continuing what she was doing for two weeks is going to make any meaningful difference in her post-op recovery and establishment of new habits?

Obviously I have no criteria by which to judge this person's actual NUT. Have you met a lot of middle aged nutritionists who have devoted their lives to undertanding the nuances of how nutrition affects the human body, working to understand human metabolism, hormones, hypothyroidism, etc? I haven't. I have only met NUT's, and at some fairly prestigious institutions, who are young, poorly trained and, with a couple exceptions, fat bigots who don't believe patients can gain weight while not eating much food.

Also Butterbean, you seem to give MD's a lot more power than they deserve. Has anyone reading this ever been misdiagnosed multiple times as I have? It is called the PRACTICE of medicine for a reason.

People undergoing any major surgery have to trust their surgeons but let's dispense with the notion that surgeons are all knowing or that many of them know much at all about nutrition, hormones, thyroid issues. My surgeon performs surgeries five days a week. She does bariatric surgeries on Tuesdays. I don't kid myself that she knows about all aspects of my nutrition, my metabolism. And I do not trust the NUT I was required to see (fortunately only once) to be approved for surgery.

Two weeks. One pound. Two meals. Three meals. For two weeks, it doesn't much matter.

I don't think I crossed a line but you are entitled to your opinion. I think it is a disservice to encourge people to have blind faith in the health care system -- the system does not deserve it.

Lucky for me, my primary care doc knows about my deep skepticism and distrust. My bariatric surgery office thinks I blindly trust all of them. Here is what I trust: my own very deep understanding of nutrition, my own personal biochemist-trained nutritionist independent of my bariatric clinic and my surgeon's skills. All the insurance hoops, advice popped off by mostly young and often poorly educated "nutritionists" is a lot of sound and fury signifying little. I am the one who is going to have to eat right post op, gaining or not gaining a pound before surgery has little to do with anything.

I reiterate my earlier position: she needs to be honest with herself about what she is eating. For two weeks, what she does hardly matters. Being honest with herself about what she is eating matters hugely . but it is a common non-professional's fantasy that alll health care 'professionals' are knowledgeable and have state-of-the-art advice to offer. That's fantasy.

Surgeons, even bariataric ones, very very rarely know anything about nutrition, metabolism, how weight can fluctuate with no changes in food. It's a common fallacy in this culture to believe weight gain and loss is about calories in, calories out.

I liked the person who wrote about how they gained weight because of hypothyroidism.

We all want to have the fantasy that our doctors are gods. They aren't.

And I didn't tell her to lie to her doctor. I told her not to tell them. The doc was only looking at a number on a scale so give him the number he wants to see without telling him how you got it. Denying someone for surgery for one pound is absurd and I bet the doc was bluffing. I have observed that many folks involved in prep for bariatric surgery freely use manipulative techniques to bully patients. Manipulating people is not going to get them to change life patterns.

and Buttertebean, since you appear to have had your surgery a long while ago and I assume it has been a success and you have kept the weight off, I also assume you know that how much a person weighs, how much a person gains and loses, is not always -- and in fact rarely is -- a simple calories in calories out calculation. Obesity is complex. Medical science is showing increasingly that much, if not most, obesity is the result of health issues and not what a person ate. You want to believe in the fantasy that medical professionals are gods, go ahead. But they are not.

I told her to trust herself, be honest with herself. for two weeks. over one pound. Any doc who would actually cancel surgery over one pound is no doc I want to see. They were being maniulative, I think.

I toild her to trust herself

I do not think butter overreacted. To advise someone what you did is very very irresponsible!

You guy's need to remember that post op,...you will be following very detailed eating plans. They are very specific!! So essentially, telling her to ignore your NUT now will do nothing for ANYONE at any point in this journey. Doctors and NUTS work together and decide the pre and post op eating plans taking many things in consideration.

If you read threw each response, op gave more info, giving us a brief glimpse of her current issues. Most of us that have come here all have serious food issues.

Most programs are structured to deal with the physical aspect of weight loss yes, but also deals with the intense head work of the psychological aspect of food.

Advising someone to ignore their plan sends the signal to their brains that hiding food intake from their team is acceptable.

Guess what? When she's 3 weeks post op and think she's healed, what will stop her from having a regular meal OFF the given plan??? Hopefully she would make the right choice but if she has hidden her consumption up to that point, why would the behavior change then??

WLS..it's not just about losing the weight...it also is just as much about the behavioral aspect and the psychological aspect.

Many many things SHOULD be taken into consideration when you walk this road.

Are you post op yet?? Has it been 6 weeks since you have chewed food? Do you know what it feels like to have a still numb sleeve from surgery and shockingly eaten half of a yogurts only to freak out because it's 5.3 oz and you're not supposed to eat more than 2 tablespoons? ?

I do not think butter overreacted. To advise someone what you did is very very irresponsible! You guy's need to remember that post op,...you will be following very detailed eating plans. They are very specific!! So essentially, telling her to ignore your NUT now will do nothing for ANYONE at any point in this journey. Doctors and NUTS work together and decide the pre and post op eating plans taking many things in consideration. If you read threw each response, op gave more info, giving us a brief glimpse of her current issues. Most of us that have come here all have serious food issues. Most programs are structured to deal with the physical aspect of weight loss yes, but also deals with the intense head work of the psychological aspect of food. Advising someone to ignore their plan sends the signal to their brains that hiding food intake from their team is acceptable. Guess what? When she's 3 weeks post op and think she's healed, what will stop her from having a regular meal OFF the given plan??? Hopefully she would make the right choice but if she has hidden her consumption up to that point, why would the behavior change then?? WLS..it's not just about losing the weight...it also is just as much about the behavioral aspect and the psychological aspect. Many many things SHOULD be taken into consideration when you walk this road. Are you post op yet?? Has it been 6 weeks since you have chewed food? Do you know what it feels like to have a still numb sleeve from surgery and shockingly eaten half of a yogurts only to freak out because it's 5.3 oz and you're not supposed to eat more than 2 tablespoons? ?

I have to agree, cheating pre-op can lead to cheating post op which is bad and can have dire consequences. I only say this because I want the healthiest and safest outcome for you. Do what they tell you, don't lie, be very very careful.

I reiterate my advice to MsKeeKee01: be totally honest with yourself about what you are eating and trust your own instincts.

Two weeks and one pound are not going to be the win-or-lose point for your bariatric surgury success. If eating two meals a day for the next two weeks is going to help you achieve your goals, don't let "health care practitioners' (and it is called PRACTICE for a reason) and no two docs or NUTs or any professional in any field has the same opinions and ultimately MsKeeKee is in charge of her destiny.

One pound in two weeks is nothing. I didn't tell her to lie. I told her to trust herself.

No soccermama, I am not post-op, not for weight loss. I have survived a couple near-death health crises but I have not had to eat all liquids for six weeks and chew everything X number of times and eat pureed food for awhile.

It is a fantasy to think there are single right answers to anything having to do with our health, even weight loss surgery. It is great to have faith in the pros you choose but it is even more important to have faith in yourself and MsKeeKee has shown a deep commitment to her self care by quitting smoking. I know a whole lot of folks who just couldn't quit smoking but she did.

Cling to your fantasies that doctors are gods. they aren't. Trusting one's self is the most important thing. If folks want to keep pounding on me, go ahead. I will not bend my opinions.

A couple of my closest friends are doctors and I have heard too many stories from them to be able to delude myself that doctors are all knowing. they aren't. And one pound, two weeks of two meals or three -- whatev. Such a trifling thing.

I am aware that a lot of behavior mod is involved. I have already lost 90 pounds without surgery, I expect to get my approval this week and I might not do it but you better believe I exercised Iron will and learned a whole hevkuva lot about nutrition while losing 90 pounds on my own.

Once while talking to my bariatric surgeon she said "Oh my goodness, it sounds like you are losing all this weight on your own." Later I recounted the exchange to my wonderful primary care doc and she said "What does she think? that you have unlimited access to meal planning, nutritionists and even chefs? If you can't trust yourself and do things on your own, you shouldn't be considering surgery. We're all on our own."

Trust yourself MsKeeKee.

Edited by Tizzielish