Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Dr. Says If I Gain 1 More Pound I Will Be Given An Extra Month Visit But....

Take a bow, couldn't have said it better...my mom is more upset then me but she's pissed saying "and that's where u wanna go for encouragement and advice" I have noticed the trend of calling people delusional and in denial, also telling their story as if its the obeseity anthem but your story is yours and mine is mine..I'm not here to lie, u were once in my shoes with different laces, its ok to disagree with what I say but remember how delicate this topic is for some. I came out my shell to talk to peers...plz don't make people retreat!

So it seems that I am the one here wearing the villain hat...

Op I do not wish you ill! As a matter of fact I wish you all the luck and learning about yourself in this process so you can succeed!

I will take my leave...

so dawn your party hats people. :D

Absolutely. We all should be responsible for our own issues..yours are not mine and mine are not urs. From what my doc told me, I was drinking my calories. I'd rather drink then eat most times and never ever drank Water. So I understood...I gained..but now I'm doing what my doctor, my nutritionist and I feel will help.

It seems like ppl on here want to make accusations that we all do the same things. I've never been a binge eater but its obvious some ppl are and I feel like until I say I'm just like them, then there will continue to be these types of responses. But I'm still not...makes me no better by far..but still different. That should be ok..

What were you drinking?

Well in my experience as an emotional eater I have struggled with many different food choice problems. I used to get cravings for all kinds of junk like doughnuts, chocolate, cakes, pies,and etc. After I had my surgery the cravings are now almost gone. I may get a craving if I have a mini binge of eating too many chips, or my favorite almonds. Point is I stay away from eating to many of my trigger foods.

As of today I still don't have the cravings for all those sweets like I once did. This surgery will change a lot about you, and your behaviors but it still takes will power and acceptance. Yes I still mess up and eat things that are not considered healthy , yes I have things that my doctor and Nut have said don't drink that or eat this, but I'm still loosing weight,and I'm ok with my progress.

You won't know how the surgery will affect you until after you have it. Right after my sleeve I had experienced things I have never experienced before. For example for about a month I experienced having very sensitive smell. I could smell everything that just drove me crazy . If people were to close I could smell there breath as they walked by and, I could smell odors coming from everything . Now I know how dogs feel. Overtime the super smell power faded, thank God. So just be ready for things that you never expect going into this surgery.

You will lose weight and things will change regardless. Once you have restriction when you eat hunger will no more be the enemy. I eat very frequently and consistently now. I'm no health nut for sure but I'm happy.

Good luck with everything ,and just know that we all had to do what our doctors and nuts asked us to do before we were able to have the surgery, if this is really what you want then just make it happen. It's not a war between you and the doctors or nuts, its a war within yourself. You have already convinced yourself you want and need this surgery to do something, so make it happen, and lets go already.....

What were you drinking?

Sodas, lemonade, iced tea, lots of milk but for the past 2 months its been nothing but Water and when I thought I was going to gain from eating more regularly, at the weigh in I had actually lost 1.5lbs. And now for some reason I refuse to drink anything but water...feels good to my body!!

Sodas, lemonade, iced tea, lots of milk but for the past 2 months its been nothing but Water and when I thought I was going to gain from eating more regularly, at the weigh in I had actually lost 1.5lbs. And now for some reason I refuse to drink anything but water...feels good to my body!!

Feels good doesn't it??? And it's only just the beginning of your journey!!! Keep up the good work, it's not always easy but it is so totally worth it!!!

Well in my experience as an emotional eater I have struggled with many different food choice problems. I used to get cravings for all kinds of junk like doughnuts, chocolate, cakes, pies,and etc. After I had my surgery the cravings are now almost gone. I may get a craving if I have a mini binge of eating too many chips, or my favorite almonds. Point is I stay away from eating to many of my trigger foods.

As of today I still don't have the cravings for all those sweets like I once did. This surgery will change a lot about you, and your behaviors but it still takes will power and acceptance. Yes I still mess up and eat things that are not considered healthy , yes I have things that my doctor and Nut have said don't drink that or eat this, but I'm still loosing weight,and I'm ok with my progress.

You won't know how the surgery will affect you until after you have it. Right after my sleeve I had experienced things I have never experienced before. For example for about a month I experienced having very sensitive smell. I could smell everything that just drove me crazy . If people were to close I could smell there breath as they walked by and, I could smell odors coming from everything . Now I know how dogs feel. Overtime the super smell power faded, thank God. So just be ready for things that you never expect going into this surgery.

You will lose weight and things will change regardless. Once you have restriction when you eat hunger will no more be the enemy. I eat very frequently and consistently now. I'm no health nut for sure but I'm happy.

Good luck with everything ,and just know that we all had to do what our doctors and nuts asked us to do before we were able to have the surgery, if this is really what you want then just make it happen. It's not a war between you and the doctors or nuts, its a war within yourself. You have already convinced yourself you want and need this surgery to do something, so make it happen, and lets go already.....

Thanks for this, I was wondering about the cravings. I am not much of a sweets eater other than golden oreos...lol!! but my problem is being a New Yorker, I love Pasta and pizza omgness...the smell of garlic is gonna drive me wild..lol. But to know I can still eat them on occasion but in smaller amounts makes me happy. I will still want my favorite meal from Carrabbas for my birthday but now, I will literally take all day long to eat it and have left overs!! Works for me!!

This is actually comical. Trusting ourselves is what got us here. Listening to ourselves is why we're FAT. Listen to your NUT and your surgeon. I've read on here a million times; surgery can fix your stomach but not your head.

I'm glad I advanced the page and saw your post, and was going to respond exactly as you did. Trusting our food instincts and eating the wrong things in the wrong amounts is what has many of us in the position we are in now. However, the responder who appears to be new to the forum knows more than the well trained and educated bariatric medical staff. It appears no matter what is said, the responder will staunchly defend their position.

Great change! Even if you weren't eating a lot, it sounds like you were drinking your calories and those are just as bad with the added detriment of giving you no nourishment OR giving you the sensation of fullness.