Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its my birthday! I want real food!

I went out for Mexican with my family the week before surgery. I had the chicken Soup, ate only the broth, and had an unsweetened iced tea.

You can do this. Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you get a free pass.

My birthday's coming up later this month and I will still be on all liquids. You know what? It's ONE day. It's just a day. I'm going to get a pedicure and call it even.

Good luck.

Ask yourself, why you started down this path to get the sleeve...becoming a healthier, better you!! I would highly recommend you not do this to yourself...because if you cheat this early you'll continue to cheat throughout your sleeve journey!!

I wish you luck...and Happy Birthday!!

I agree with the others, If you start this Birthday with a "food treat" here because it is this celebration__________________ then you will continue to be on that path for every special day that comes into your life.

Treat yourself to a new you Birthday! Get a massage, pedi and mani or a new outfit what ever makes you happy but as for the food rewards start now and replace it.

If you want to be successful at weight loss in the long term you're going to want to start changing your conception of "reward" to non-food options. Why not start now?

Thank you! I know I won't do it but I have to make the choice and remember that I'm a "good times" eater. My emotional eating only happens when happy things or events are going on. I guess I must be a very happy person since my weight is what it is

Thank you! I know I won't do it but I have to make the choice and remember that I'm a "good times" eater. My emotional eating only happens when happy things or events are going on. I guess I must be a very happy person since my weight is what it is

I was a good time eater too - but losing weight is so much better than fajitas.. Plus, 6 weeks or so after surgery and you've dropped a bunch already - you can have a fajita again - you just wont be able to eat it all. :) Happy Birthday!

Edited by TvlGrl712

Today is my 42nd birthday and I want chips and guacamole and fajitas from my favorite Mexican restaraunt. Help!!!! I'm on the 7th day of my pre op clear liquids and Protein Shakes. Nov 13 surgery

Stay strong! It's time to start not equating birthdays and holidays with food.. I know it's hard on my first post sleeve birthday the first thing I thought about was the cake dammit!

I had to change that thinking.

You are "dieting" This time around for a very important day.. This is not a diet like you've done in the past.

Oh and November 13th? That day will be my year anniversary from the sleeve! :)

Happy Birthday....You'll have many many more Birthdays being healthy.....make this a memorable one with no food....When you look back..you'll be thankful & skinny..

Happy Birthday!!! Why don't you treat yourself in other ways? Get a mani/pedi, a massage, go shopping for some jewelry (what I did for years since I didn't want to buy clothes to put on this fat body), or buy one thing that is the size you realistically see yourself becoming by your next birthday so you can wear it then :-).

If you are anything like me and many other people on here, the most important celebration out of everything I just said is STILL the food. I know :-/ it is hard... but remind yourself the reason why you are doing this surgery and it is a major one! you don't want to get a leak, and complications, and extended hospital stay just because of some chops and fajitas.

However, being the devil's advocate here, I only did one week of pre-op liquid diet, and you do have a week left before surgery. But I wouldn't do anything your own doctor advised against. Seriously.