Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st night in Mexicali (Dr. Aceves) my trip this far

Winding down in my hotel room now with the wife, and I'll sum a couple things up real quick so I can go enjoy my wine, dessert, and wine. :)

1. We met the most awesome people who traveled with us in the van (a man and his mother, and sisters). The drive is a little over an hour and Ernesto, Dr. Aceve's driver is really sweet (he has a little bit of a speech impediment) and really engages us in conversation and has excellent interpersonal skills!

2. The hotel is clean, small, and cozy (as cozy as a hospital can be. We had all our work done, Dr. Campos came in and talked to us as a group, and he is so awesome and extremely informative. The lady who's name I can't remember at this time, took our payments, and we then went to the hotel. The whole process from start to finish at the hospital took 3 hours for everyone.

3. We checked in to the hotel and went to eat at one restaurant called Los Portales because none of the others were open due to it being Sunday. The food was just okay.. not worth the 35.00 for 2 of us. I felt really guilty saying anything negative because their customer service and attentiveness honestly made up for the lack of good food. They are very tentative and kind, so I just let it go. Although this big girl wanted a yummie last meal... that's okay. I've already had like 3 "last meals" in this last week!

4. The hotel room is pretty nice but smelled very strongly of smoke (which I hate because I have really bad asthma). We are on the 3rd floor so we left the sliding glass door open to air it out and it was fine. We went to one of the other patients' rooms (that was traveling with us) and their room smelled perfectly fine. The room itself is pretty nice!

Overall I would say it's been a pretty good trip.. Mexicali isn't the nicest city in the world, but the hospital is awesome and so are the people. I would strongly suggest that if you haven't met up with anyone on this site that is getting surgery the same day you do, at lest contact your hospitals coordinator and ask them to give your email address to other people that will be traveling with you, because honestly the people that came with us are amazing and they have been a huge support to both my wife and myself. Looking forward but nervous for tomorrow!

On to my wine, adavant, and antibiotic. Viva la Mexicali!

Dang that wasn't real quick at all!

How are u been thinking off all day!! Good luck!!!

I'm glad to hear all went awesome! I have my surgery with Dr Aceves on Dec 13 and hearing about your experience takes away the anxiety\! Any pain so far? How do you feel abdominally?

Im at the hospital right now with my iv in sitting un my room, another girl went first, and then who knows! They are going to be bringing me versed to relax me, and the technician is in my room fixing the tv! Under1star, no pain! Just a little pinch from the iv. Just relaxing before!! I will try to type you all something as soon as I'm out!

I'm glad things are going well so far. Please keep us informed of your recovery. I hope your surgery/recovery is uneventful.

Edited by AmandaRaeLeo

No more cupcakes...I hope you are doing great!!!