Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2weeks out of surgery

Hello I'm new to this group. I had surgery 2weeks ago. I've just reached the "puréed food stage." However I find myself wanting food but I'm not hungry. I lost 16lbs the first week. Not sure about this week

I had my surgery on the 24th and I'm the same way. I haven't had that "hunger" feeling either. My Dr. said thats how it is. I would recommend getting in your meals though. You will still need food for your body to function even though at this stage it is primarily feeding off your fat cells.

I have the opposite problem. I am hungry all the time & worry that something is wrong

I'm craving everything I smell others eating & I would kill for some meat or eggs. I worry that I may hurt my stomach if I try pureed meat too early thi

I had my sleeve on the 24th also. I am on soft foods too. My list includes tuna and soft meats. My surgeon suggested trying a broiled white fish first, before trying the denser tuna. I baked a piece of tilapia the next day with lemon juice and dill. It went down just fine! I tried tuna the next day and no problems with that either. My parents made pulled pork BBQ today and I had some of that with some BBQ Sauce mixed in. It had much the same texture as the tuna and went down great! I have yet to throw up or experience reflux! That BBQ was sooo good too! I don't know about you, but being able to chew something has been super-helpful in curbing that head hunger! I think most of us have to battle the head hunger cravings. I just pray it gets easier the further we go into this journey!

I had my sleeve on the 24th also. I am on soft foods too. My list includes tuna and soft meats. My surgeon suggested trying a broiled white fish first, before trying the denser tuna. I baked a piece of tilapia the next day with lemon juice and dill. It went down just fine! I tried tuna the next day and no problems with that either. My parents made pulled pork BBQ today and I had some of that with some BBQ Sauce mixed in. It had much the same texture as the tuna and went down great! I have yet to throw up or experience reflux! That BBQ was sooo good too! I don't know about you, but being able to chew something has been super-helpful in curbing that head hunger! I think most of us have to battle the head hunger cravings. I just pray it gets easier the further we go into this journey!

Did you have your surgery on the 24th of October? It sounds like your Dr has you on a different diet than me. I also had mine on the 24th.

Yes, October 24th. I thought it was supposed to be just purées but he told me to go ahead and try fish. It has worked out well for me! I do usually have refried Beans with some taco sauce and cheese for lunch... Creature of habit, and it curbs my Mexican craving! :) Funny thing, though, I didn't enjoy eggs when I tried them this week.

Yes' date=' October 24th. I thought it was supposed to be just purées but he told me to go ahead and try fish. It has worked out well for me! I do usually have refried Beans with some taco sauce and cheese for lunch... Creature of habit, and it curbs my Mexican craving! :) Funny thing, though, I didn't enjoy eggs when I tried them this week.[/quote']

Damn my doc has me on a 3 week liqid diet before I can even move on to mushy foods.

I am on day 4 after gastric sleeve. All I eat is 4 oz and my choices are: Ensure High Protein' date=' chicken broth or sugar free Jello. Any ideas what else I can eat?

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Be careful with the ensure. . Lots of sugar. The nectar Protein drinks are really good..hot tea, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup.. use chocolate Protein powder in hot water=hot chocolate (yum).. add extra Protein Powder so you don't have to drink as much but still get your Protein in... Water enhancements :) good luck

Damn my doc has me on a 3 week liqid diet before I can even move on to mushy foods.

That sucks! Every surgeon is different, though. It would be nice if their standards were a bit more universal.

Is anyone on here a diabetic before surgery and now gone or do you still have diabetes?

How do you handle the liquid diet before WLS??

My surgery sleeve us on 11/15, started liquids yesterday, my sugars were low so I ate a string cheese and I felt better

I had surgery Oct 26 and I am on liquids - can have Protein Drinks, Soup (only well blended) and well-blended smoothies, Jello or Water. Not sure if I am getting in all the Protein, but trying! I am afraid to drink too much, and afraid to drink not enough!! I do feel better than the first week when I was on Clear Liquids only...

I had surgery Oct 26 and I am on liquids - can have Protein drinks' date=' Soup (only well blended) and well-blended smoothies, Jello or Water. Not sure if I am getting in all the Protein, but trying! I am afraid to drink too much, and afraid to drink not enough!! I do feel better than the first week when I was on clear liquids only...[/quote']

I've had a lot of trouble getting mine in also. But I don't try and kill myslef trying to get it in lol.

Is anyone on here a diabetic before surgery and now gone or do you still have diabetes?

How do you handle the liquid diet before WLS??

My surgery sleeve us on 11/15, started liquids yesterday, my sugars were low so I ate a string cheese and I felt better

Hi there, I was a diabetic prior to surgery, however my blood sugars in the hospital were running low due to the low intake, and they discontinued my Metformin, which I was very happy about! My doctor didn't have me on a liquid diet prior to surgery, he had me on a 1000 calorie high Protein low fat low carb diet, which was much more manageable than a liquid diet in my opinion. I was kind of worried that my liver would be too big because one of my tests showed I had a fatty liver, but everything worked out fine!