Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I loved my son too much

I have to tell you guys about something that happened yesterday. I am such a BAD mom and feel absolutely terrible, although very innocently done.

My youngest son is very affectionate (being the baby). Although he is almost 14, he never shys from a chance to get or give a hug from Mom. Well, yesterday morning, he had just finished his shower and was dressed for church but needed to clean his ears. He was in my bathroom and got a couple of Q-tips and began to walk out. I raised my arms asking for a morning hug which he gladly gave. Unfortunately, he had a Q-tip in his ear and when he hugged me, the Q-tip when deep into his ear puncturing the ear drum. There was only an inch of it sticking out of his ear when he raised his head. He pulled it out and fell on the floor screaming. :hurt

Needless to say, we spent the morning at the doctor's office. He did not lose his hearing, but will have to be careful not to get any Water in it till it seals itself. If it doesn't, he'll have to have a skin graft to close it.

He has been very sweet about it, but will jokingly say "pop" when ever he gets near me (the little fart) because we both heard a pop when it happened. :think:think:think:think

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that gave me goose bumps. I'm so sorry that happened. Prayers heading your way ~ ~ ~

:)

So sorry that happened.....what a price to pay for a hug!

*BTW....every doctor I know says "burn the Q-TIPS....they are dangerous!"

Yeah, the doctor told my son, "That's why they tell you not to put anything smaller than a football in your ears".

You are human and you made a mistake.

I bet you son still loves you more than anyone else in the world. :)

He will heal. Children are very resilient.:clap2:

Ouch! I think it's nice though that your son and you can joke about it though! I'm glad he's going to be okay. You guys remind me of myself and my mom, we're always joking after injuries. After my surgery, she would always threaten to give me a sponge bath. Then when I had to take a shower, she told me she had to wrap me in saran wrap, and boy did she. Like 20 layers. Hilarious, I have pictures.

Sorry to hear about your son. I can relate. My son is 13 and he is still very affectionate with me; even when his friends are around. I am hanging on to that as long as I can because -- this too, shall pass.

I hope your son has a speedy recovery. And it sounds like he has a very special mom...Don't be too hard on yourself.

Take Care,

Rachel

Awwww---poor him, and poor you!!! It will heal---and you will NEVER live it down!!!

My DH and I buy each of our grandkids little wooden rockers for their first birthdays. My granddaughter was sitting in my living room with her Mama and I, and she happened to turn a bit sideways, and stuck her little leg out under the arm, then she leaned to far forwards, and fell out---it broke her leg!

We are in ER, and the Dr. comes in and says yes it is a fracture, my DD bursts into tears, saying "She is just a baby and I already broke her!". Being so young, within 2 weeks there was no sign of a break on her Xrays!!! We still tease my DD about breaking the baby! I DO NOT remind her that I bought the danged chair!!!

My nephew was play wrestling with his Grandpa, and he twisted his ankle and broke it, now he teases him all the time, that he will break the other leg.

These things happen, and all you can do is go on---try to make light of it---you are both going to be ok, that is the important thing!!!

Hugs to both of you and prayers for his quick healing!!!

Kat

Thanks Kat,

We are "almost" laughing about it already. I'll just consider it a "created memory". Thanks for the prayers and warm thoughts.