Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Six Months of Lap Band: Average Weight Loss??

How Much Weight Did You Lose in the First 6 Months??  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Weight Did You Lose in the First 6 Months??

• Didn't lose any... still waiting on restriction.
    • 0-9 pounds
    • 10-19 pounds
    • 20-29 pounds
    • 30-39 pounds
    • 40-49 pounds
    • 50-59 pounds
    • 60-69 pounds
    • Seriously, I just rock at losing weight. 70+ pounds

Denise, have you ever tried SparkPeople.com? It's an awesome site. You log in what you eat, and it tells you exactly how many calories you ate, plus grams of fat, carbs, and Protein. There's also a fitness tracker and lots of other tools, but to be honest, I haven't explored them all!

Tami

When I do cardio I usually do 20 min on the stair stepper, 20 min on the elliptical, and 20 min on the treadmill. On the treadmill I walk fast for a min or two an jog for a minute or two.

I have different weight machines that I use and I do a bunch of ab work.

Today I had a Dannon Lite about 3/4 of one for Breakfast. I can't eat very well when I get up. I put a little bit of Fiber one Cereal in there.

lunch I had a bbq chicken thigh and some brocolli cooked very well

dinner I had 1 piece of turkey meatloaf and some more of the brocolli.

I had a sugar free popcsicle for dessert. I had about 80 oz of Water so far.

Denise, have you ever tried SparkPeople.com? It's an awesome site. You log in what you eat, and it tells you exactly how many calories you ate, plus grams of fat, carbs, and Protein. There's also a fitness tracker and lots of other tools, but to be honest, I haven't explored them all!

Tami

Yes, I love spark people. they have a lot of good things to read too.

Where in sparkpeople do you log in what you eat? I just looked at the site and there's so much there....couldn't find it!

I'm now checking out Calorieking.com Everytime I search for nutrition information on something I had in a restaurant (assuming the restaurant doesn't have nutrition info in the store on on their site-like Outback and Don Pablos don't), the first hit is ALWAYS CalorieKing. They've got TONS of info there. I haven't gotten too deep into it yet, but I'll post back when I've explored it more.

I am only 7 weeks out since I was banded. I have lost 24 lbs. I am walking 3 miles 4 times a week and following the rules. Protein and Water is a must. I notice that if I get all my Protein in and my Water I am very succesfull! I am hopping to loose 60 pounds by my 6 month anniversary.

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 218

goal 140

what were some of the foods during your full liquid diet that you stayed away from? I found that the cream of ...soups actually make it harder for me to loose so I removed them from my diet altogether. I'm now on Water, crystal light juice, sugar free Jello and low carb yogurt and the Atkins shakes with Protein Powder. Any other suggestions of what I can add or should I just stick with these items to get the weight flowing. I've lost 10 lbs so far and I was banded July 2. Only lost 1 lbs this week, a little disappointing so I removed the cream of soups..

I lost about 40lbs the first 6 months. I did not exercise or drink near enough Water. I am making a greater effort now that I am on the next 6 month. Take my advise don't wait that long to get with the program. I could be a goal by now if I got my head out. NOW I am wanting to raise to the finish line, but not as easy this time. :)

Anyways, I didn't have as much to lose as others and as you can see those who have more to lose, lose faster.

I am without a doubt completely satisfied with my self-paid band.

CHIRS j,

Wow!! Tell me your secret!! Please!!! That is amzaing!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/217c/164g

I lost approx. 45 lbs at my six month anniversary. I was kinda dissapointed but later I found out that I was drinking a Protein shake in the mornings because fuood was had to get down. That Protein Shake kept me from losing weight. It has an ingredient in it that wont stop you from losing weight at first but will over time. I just started eating Breakfast. I eat 4 or 5 shredded mini wheats. The nurse told me it won't hurt to eat with just enough milk to wet the Cereal. I eat that every morning and it also gives me my Fiber for the day. When I stopped drinking the drinks, I started to lose again. I have lost 60 lbs and it has been 8 months. I finally reached a short term goal I had. I am below 200lbs and I haven't been there in 16 years. I hope you do great but don't expect to lose fast consistently. It slows down after about four months.

What protien shake were you drinking.... will BOOST or CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFEAST....:faint:;)

I drink those every morning because im to tight to eat that early... if i drink one of those at 9:30 im usually good until 1:30/2pm

i only take in about 600-800 cal a day

Hi There,

I am the same age as you and I was wondering how do manage to take in your calorie amount. Is it difficult to take in that much food and Protein as well? I am also worried I won't get in as much exercise as you fit into your schedule, I barely make it to the treadmill now. I have a tenative date for banding on Aug. 20th.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

New2Tch

I had my 6 mos band anniversary 7/18/07 and was down a total of 74 lbs. I am less than 30 lbs til I reach goal so the weightloss is slowing down A LOT.

I exercise 6 days a week, and eat small meals throughout the day. I have PB/slimed 1 time on a bite of a french fry and since then, no problems.

I expect to reach my goal weight by my 1 year anniversary. If not, soon after!

I am 5 weeks post-op and have lost 30lb!!:clap2:

I went shopping for clothes yesterday my waist is down 10 inches :whoo:

I'm down 72#'s at 6 months. Haven't exercised like I should, don't drink Water like I should but try to eat the right portions. Notice I didn't say the right things, just usually the right amounts! Haven't had a fill the last 2 months and finally got another one yesterday so going to get back to bandster rules and see what happens. Originally my goal was 10 pounds a month.....I've averaged that so far which puts me at half way to goal so going good.