Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Six Months of Lap Band: Average Weight Loss??

How Much Weight Did You Lose in the First 6 Months??  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Weight Did You Lose in the First 6 Months??

• Didn't lose any... still waiting on restriction.
    • 0-9 pounds
    • 10-19 pounds
    • 20-29 pounds
    • 30-39 pounds
    • 40-49 pounds
    • 50-59 pounds
    • 60-69 pounds
    • Seriously, I just rock at losing weight. 70+ pounds

I lost 42 at 6mo not including pre-op diet which put me at 53 total. However I did not have restriction till month 10! At six months I was 25% to goal.

I think that it important to remember that your loss will depend on your body, your restriction, and your ability to make good choices consistently. The good news is that it isn't a race, the band is with you forever (hopeully) some reach goal in a year others take 5 years, the important thing is they are happier and healthier :confused: Good luck on your upcomming banding.

Hi there I am new to the site. First ever post ...(please be gentle)

you said it will be with you forever. I am wondering do you need to go in for the rest of your life to have the band adjusted ...(fill/unfill). I am currently not banded I have an appoint ment to meet the surgeon on the 22 of march.

When you post your diet on obesityhelp I notice you mentioned 1% milk a lot are drinking this milk with your meal. Because I was told to never drink and eat together. I am a bit confused. Thanks for your response

Actually, I don't drink it! But, not really because of the "no drinking while eating" rule. It's because I don't like soggy cereal! I put the milk in the bowl, then sprinkle a bite or two in, eat it, repeat. When I scoop out the Cereal, I tilt the spoon so that I don't actually take in liquid milk, but only what sticks to the Cereal. Does that make sense?

Tami

Hi there I am new to the site. First ever post ...(please be gentle)

you said it will be with you forever. I am wondering do you need to go in for the rest of your life to have the band adjusted ...(fill/unfill). I am currently not banded I have an appoint ment to meet the surgeon on the 22 of march.

There was a post on another site earlier today asking "what happens when you're at goal?" Of course, the band is still there, but what people choose to do with it varies. Some people like to keep a fairly tight band, fearing regaining their weight. Others go for a partial unfill to allow them a little more flexibility with their eating. A few go for a full unfill, expecting their new lifestyle choices to keep their weight under control. I have no idea which path I'll take. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there! But that's what's so wonderful about the band. It *is* still there, and we can choose to put it to use whenever we are ready and/or need to!

Tami

My 6 month bandiversary was yesterday. I am exactly 33% to my weight goal. What percentage is everyone else?

Hehehe. Well, dammit, I'm still at 0%.

:) Gimme a few months!

I just realized we are doing %%%%% well math is not my strong point.. I guess I was at 48% of my total goal weight at 85lbs at the 6month mark, but dont be fooled has it slowed down! At one year you would hope that it was 96% but no it is only 75%. But damn proud of the acomplishment... my doc told me this was a two year process. maybe I programed my brain to that! LOL any way I love my band and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Jen

As gayle and gonnabethin and others have said..... everyone is different and will lose at different rates. Especially if you have more to lose at the start. I try to take some satisfaction at losing 188# in six months (more like 146# post surgery) but I still have a long way to go. That puts me at 57%, but I am slowing down too and will be THRILLED to reach my goal weight at one year!

And we all know that the battle isn't won until we can MAINTAIN our goal weight! So plan to keep after it for a long time to come.

:gluck:

As frustrating as this is to hear, in my opinion there is no such thing as an "average" rate of loss. Not one that can be used to predict your own loss, anyway. I went into this thinking average was 1-2 pounds a week. But if you look around here, some people have lost 20lbs in a year, and others have lost 120lbs in a year. And the crazy thing is, both groups include people who A) exercised regularly, drank lots of Water, counted calories and regulated their fill or :( did none of the above.

I lost approx. 45 lbs at my six month anniversary. I was kinda dissapointed but later I found out that I was drinking a Protein Shake in the mornings because fuood was had to get down. That Protein shake kept me from losing weight. It has an ingredient in it that wont stop you from losing weight at first but will over time. I just started eating Breakfast. I eat 4 or 5 shredded mini wheats. The nurse told me it won't hurt to eat with just enough milk to wet the Cereal. I eat that every morning and it also gives me my Fiber for the day. When I stopped drinking the drinks, I started to lose again. I have lost 60 lbs and it has been 8 months. I finally reached a short term goal I had. I am below 200lbs and I haven't been there in 16 years. I hope you do great but don't expect to lose fast consistently. It slows down after about four months.

was banded nd ec 21 and lost 43 pounds so far, my goal is 125, and im stuck at 146 146 146 146 day in and day out gettinga filltoday, i was stuck at 154 vor the longest time. alot of people who weight a bit more seem to lose faster, my band fill is only 1.75 but i tried 1.9 and i got sepa blockage, i keep my calories insanely low, as low as i can 100 cal jellop pudding and shakes no mor ethan 4 a day wellthats not insanely low at 1200 calories but i tend not to finsih my shakes, im scare dof Vitamins and i need to be n soms becaus eof adrenal reasons and health reasons been tryingto drink my fralx seed oil and kyo green in ine shake buit i cant doit,

i swear im at grrrrrrrr time i fi see 146 one more time im gonna scream, i told my people id be 125 by april 15th and dammit ill at least be 130 no matter what i have to do, thats less than a month but with areally tight fill ill get here, my exerciseing has been for crap im afraid and thusly my back is flabby, nowhere else got flabby just there.

anyway im filling today.

wosh me luck i really need that goal just to wro in my business.

thanks

gonnabeskinny

i am about 5 1/2 months out (banded 09 October 06) and as of today i am down 84 1/2 pounds.

why do i think i have dropped the weight well?

i started at 402 1/2 ... i have a lot to drop - still..

i follow the bandster rules 85 - 95% of the time

i work my ass of at the gym. i go 6 or more times a week. cardio 6 times a week and strength training 3 times a week.

i am currently working Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover and it seems to have broken my plateau..

imagine that - eating right and exercising does work!!! :omg: and a lot of help from my 'little friend'...

38.06% of my excess weight is gone (based on wanting to lose 222)

20.99% of my body weight gone for good ...

i know Isopure shakes with skim milk are 300 cals, 1200 cals aere four shakes, i keep my fil enough so that half a shake fills me up and im down to three sa day and alot of lemon Water, its mostly whey and lactic acid im ingesting, and sometimes the lactic acd ctahces up with me an dmakes me phlegmy ( yuck sorry) and i kno wtoo much mucus is really BA dfo rthe syustem, and its not like meals wich keep your digestion a little off balance, i dont know if thertes som problem with Protein Shakes perse but ive seen people onhere havings lim fgast and carnayion instant Breakfast pure sugar.

so keep that in mihnd until i got itthat i was drinkingtoo many shakes i realised why i wasnt losing i had only lost ten the first month, but hen i retsraine dthe shakes and lost 43 pounds now, getting another filltoday.

cantw ait. im ready for 1.9 i hope.

gonna be

ps i havde to have a shakle at night biut lkast night i had lemon ate rbefore bed zand it worked