Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointed with weight loss progress

3 months post surgery and only lost 25lbs. I'm discouraged. Anyone else over 50 with really slow weight loss? What did you do to turn things around and lose more weight? I've been very good sticking to the diet plan,but admit I should exercise more.

Well we all lose differently and since you didn't share how close u are to goal it is really hard to say.

Eating high Protein and low carbohydrate combined with high intensity exercise gave my losses a jump start.

hi i have lost 56 lbs in 11 mos, none of it has been easy. still struggle every day. 44lbs to go, starting to think i will not make it.

Every pound you lose is a pound you have lost. Just keep the focus on liquids and Proteins, and follow your program. It'll come off, and what the heck, you are sleeved for the rest of your life!

What is your weightloss as a % of the weight you want to lose. I think sometimes we can see posts that say "lost 100lb in 6 months" and we nowhere near that number we feel disappointed with ourselves. But if the original poster has 300lb to lose they will have lost 33% of what they want to lose. Your smaller number expressed as a % may be in the same ball park.

Whatever, do not feel disappointed in what you have lost, every lb down is a lb nearer to your goal.

I have lost 66% of my fat over goal, which is 180. I'm pretty happy with that. I have not lost in almost 2 months, but am very encouraged I will eventually lose the rest. I do walk every day and have now added dance music to my routines.

i have only lost 25 pounds and i am 2 months out. and im 28, not over 50, so whats my excuse?? i have just come to the conclusion that i will be a slow loser and i guess i had high expectations for the sleeve before. now, those expectations are nowhere near where i am, and i try so hard. i work out often. it sucks, but i try not to compare myself to the post i just read from someone who lost 50 pounds in 5 weeks!!! what the hell!!!....oh well, if i didnt have bad luck id have no luck at all!

Jules read my comment, the 25lb you have lost what is that as a % of what you want to lose?

I'm just a few shy weeks away from 50......my weight loss has been slower than some.......BUT could I have lost 35 pounds in 11 weeks on my own? no.........I struggled losing 3 pounds in a month pre surgery......so I am a happy camper

Kitee, you don't say what you started at but if you were on the smaller side you won't lose as fast as someone that is much larger. Stick with the program, higher Protein, low carb lots of liquids and you will be successful. I've lost 51lbs in 5 months which is not as speedy as some but I'm happy with it and don't forget everyone is different.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! It always helps to know that there are others who lose a little slower like me. Even though I was told to expect to lose 6-8lb/month, for some reason I expected to lose more like 15lbs/ month. For those of you who asked, I was 251 day of my surgery (7/1/13) and 223 today.....72 lbs to go!

hi i have lost 56 lbs in 11 mos' date=' none of it has been easy. still struggle every day. 44lbs to go, starting to think i will not make it.[/quote']

Did your NUT give you any suggestions on how to change your diet to increase your weight loss? I've done everything they suggest,but I still have only gone down 1 lb in past 3 weeks.

You are over 1/2 way there, which is great! Maybe some day I'll get to 1/2 way too.

i have only lost 25 pounds and i am 2 months out. and im 28' date=' not over 50, so whats my excuse?? i have just come to the conclusion that i will be a slow loser and i guess i had high expectations for the sleeve before. now, those expectations are nowhere near where i am, and i try so hard. i work out often. it sucks, but i try not to compare myself to the post i just read from someone who lost 50 pounds in 5 weeks!!! what the hell!!!....oh well, if i didnt have bad luck id have no luck at all![/quote']

I had high expectations as well and thought for sure I would easily lose 100lbs at least in 12 months. Heck at this pace I'll be lucky to lose 50 in 1yr.

I guess we just have yo keep on trying and hope for the best.

Dont be discouraged, people are all different. Does it really matter in the end how long it takes? goal isnt the "end", maintenance is work too.

Low carbing and changing exercise routine up both helped accelerate me when my losses slowed.