Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hi Lainey, I tried to search for you on MFP by your email address and it doesn't bring back any results. :(

What's your email address?

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!!

Lol Lainey! We all sound crazy, don't we? If people didn't know we had just had WLS they would think we were a bunch of anorexics!!!

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!!

Can someone add me to the MFP group?

name - LisaMSkiffington

email - lisa_welsh@hotmail.com

My mfp is ss121213

Hey All:

I am looking for some ideas...

I had surgery on 12/16, back to work on 01/02. I am feeling fine but concerned because the amount of liquids I am getting in on work days has dropped significantly. I work in a high school as a career counselor and testing coordinator and it involves a lot of multitasking, interruptions and not a steady schedule all day.

The bottom line is that I am probably only getting in about 35-40 oz. of liquid each day (most of it when I get home at night). Sometimes I only urinate once a day at work (would have been every two hours before surgery). The urine is dark.

I am not having any pain and I feel fine. My weight is going down slowly each week (have lost a total of 20 lbs. since surgery), but I know that not having Fluid is bad for your kidneys.

Has anyone found a tool that will beep or remind you to drink. I have an iPhone, but cannot find a tool that you can set to automatically beep to remind you to drink. The perfect tool to me would be something that beeps twice, that you don't have to reset, and then 15 mins. later beeps again.

Any other ideas for remembering to drink when you work in a fast paced environment?

Funny thing is I never forget to eat! LOL! I am on foods like eggs, meat loaf, etc. and I think I am getting most of what I need in that area along with 30 gr. of Protein from a Protein Shake (those 11 oz. counted in the fluid though).

I hope to hear some ideas from you all.

Thanks!

I use an app called interval timer. I think it's really for workouts or something but I set it up to beep every thirty minutes. That worked for me when I was required to drink every thirty minutes right after surgery. Maybe give it a try. (High school English teacher here-- so I totally understand.)

Hey All:

I am looking for some ideas...

I had surgery on 12/16, back to work on 01/02. I am feeling fine but concerned because the amount of liquids I am getting in on work days has dropped significantly. I work in a high school as a career counselor and testing coordinator and it involves a lot of multitasking, interruptions and not a steady schedule all day.

The bottom line is that I am probably only getting in about 35-40 oz. of liquid each day (most of it when I get home at night). Sometimes I only urinate once a day at work (would have been every two hours before surgery). The urine is dark.

I am not having any pain and I feel fine. My weight is going down slowly each week (have lost a total of 20 lbs. since surgery), but I know that not having Fluid is bad for your kidneys.

Has anyone found a tool that will beep or remind you to drink. I have an iPhone, but cannot find a tool that you can set to automatically beep to remind you to drink. The perfect tool to me would be something that beeps twice, that you don't have to reset, and then 15 mins. later beeps again.

Any other ideas for remembering to drink when you work in a fast paced environment?

Funny thing is I never forget to eat! LOL! I am on foods like eggs, meat loaf, etc. and I think I am getting most of what I need in that area along with 30 gr. of Protein from a Protein Shake (those 11 oz. counted in the fluid though).

I hope to hear some ideas from you all.

Thanks!

So sorry to hear about your challenge with fluids. I know there are a number of apps on iTunes for reminders for taking medications. I would think this could be adapted to remind you to stop for a drink regularly.

Also, do you have a bottle of Water with you all the time? If there is one close at hand, it will be easier to just reach for it then to leave your desk to find one. Are you on the phone a lot? Perhaps you could make it a plan to drink some water each time you get off a call. Or each time you answer an email--- something simple like that.

You do need to get this fluid in. Urine can become dark when you are dehydrated so be careful! Great that you are getting all your protein in and that you have been able to get back into the swing of things so quickly at work!

<p>Hey All:</p> <p> </p> <p>I am looking for some ideas...</p> <p> </p> <p>I had surgery on 12/16, back to work on 01/02. I am feeling fine but concerned because the amount of liquids I am getting in on work days has dropped significantly. I work in a high school as a career counselor and testing coordinator and it involves a lot of multitasking, interruptions and not a steady schedule all day.</p> <p> </p> <p>The bottom line is that I am probably only getting in about 35-40 oz. of liquid each day (most of it when I get home at night). Sometimes I only urinate once a day at work (would have been every two hours before surgery). The urine is dark.</p> <p>I am not having any pain and I feel fine. My weight is going down slowly each week (have lost a total of 20 lbs. since surgery), but I know that not having Fluid is bad for your kidneys.</p> <p> </p> <p>Has anyone found a tool that will beep or remind you to drink. I have an iPhone, but cannot find a tool that you can set to automatically beep to remind you to drink. The perfect tool to me would be something that beeps twice, that you don't have to reset, and then 15 mins. later beeps again.</p> <p> </p> <p>Any other ideas for remembering to drink when you work in a fast paced environment?</p> <p> </p> <p>Funny thing is I never forget to eat! LOL! I am on foods like eggs, meat loaf, etc. and I think I am getting most of what I need in that area along with 30 gr. of Protein from a Protein Shake (those 11 oz. counted in the fluid though).</p> <p> </p> <p>I hope to hear some ideas from you all.</p> <p>Thanks!</p>

I am having this same problem. I have a 32oz water bottle and fill it everyday before work but next thing I know it's 5:00 and I have barely touched it. So then I try to drink a lot at once. Which takes forever.

For what it's worth, I also work in public school as a special ed facilitator and I'm having a really hard time getting my fluids in at work. I think it's because even though I'm out of the classroom I was conditioned to avoid having to use the restroom. I'm going to try the 20 minute interval reminder and see if that helps!

My nut recommends 60-75g of Protein per day abs minimum 6-8 cups of Water not including the shakes. I think you are dangerously low and really surprised you are able to hold up during the workday. I was dehydrated and hospitalized on day 11 and probably was getting in what are now. Be careful!

I find it interesting how many people in education who have had this surgery. I had my surgery on December 18th. I went back to work last Monday. The first two days were pretty good but I was only on pureed foods. Now that I have transitioned to 'whole foods' I find it harder to get my fluids in. Has anyone else found it difficult to get all 4 oz in at one meal when eating solids? I take 2-33oz bottles of Water every day and try to use that for my shakes in between my meals to get an accurate count of my Fluid. My doctor and NUT want me to get 90 oz of fluid and 90 grams of Protein. Sounds like everyone else is on much lower rates.

I have to get in lots of fluids and Protein also-- to the point of virtually impossible. But, I just get what I can get. I also have a routine with myself that helps. I connect drinking with tasks I hve to do at regular intervals check attendance- drink. Finish vocabulary- drink. Kids transition from quiz to notes- drink. Etc etc etc. I find in a high school class I am making a change every fifteen or thirty minutes-- so if I drink when I make those changes- I can keep up somewhat. ;)

I am also on high amounts of Protein and fluids, but I just get in what I can. I connect my drinking with tasks that I have to do at regular intervals in my day anyway. Bell rings- drink. Check attendance- drink. Transition from vocab to lesson- drink. Transition to quiz- drink. Etc. My life has become a bad drinking game lol. But it is helping.

Hey All: I am looking for some ideas... I had surgery on 12/16, back to work on 01/02. I am feeling fine but concerned because the amount of liquids I am getting in on work days has dropped significantly. I work in a high school as a career counselor and testing coordinator and it involves a lot of multitasking, interruptions and not a steady schedule all day. The bottom line is that I am probably only getting in about 35-40 oz. of liquid each day (most of it when I get home at night). Sometimes I only urinate once a day at work (would have been every two hours before surgery). The urine is dark. I am not having any pain and I feel fine. My weight is going down slowly each week (have lost a total of 20 lbs. since surgery), but I know that not having Fluid is bad for your kidneys. Has anyone found a tool that will beep or remind you to drink. I have an iPhone, but cannot find a tool that you can set to automatically beep to remind you to drink. The perfect tool to me would be something that beeps twice, that you don't have to reset, and then 15 mins. later beeps again. Any other ideas for remembering to drink when you work in a fast paced environment? Funny thing is I never forget to eat! LOL! I am on foods like eggs, meat loaf, etc. and I think I am getting most of what I need in that area along with 30 gr. of Protein from a Protein Shake (those 11 oz. counted in the fluid though). I hope to hear some ideas from you all. Thanks!

I use an app called chimes that does just that!