Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exciting new changes are coming to LapBandTalk

Dear Member,

Exciting new changes are coming to LapBandTalk.com! In a few days, LapBandTalk.com and the other Weight Loss Surgery Boards (WLSBoards) will join together and transition to BariatricPal.com! We’re excited to be leading the movement to support weight loss and health for all members of the weight loss surgery community!

WLSBoards is celebrating its 10-year anniversary, and we are planning to make the next ten years even better. That’s why we’re combining the WLSBoards into a single, more powerful force. Each of us may choose different types of weight loss surgery as our own tools for weight loss, but ultimately, we all have the common goal of fighting obesity. BariatricPal.com will be better able to serve the weight loss surgery community by advocating for our rights as a unified voice.

BariatricPal.com has the same great discussion forums as LapBandTalk.com and all of the other social media options, such as blogs, private messages and photo galleries, which you know and love from LapBandTalk.com. In addition to the lap-band forums that you’re used to, BariatricPal.com will have new forums for all of the weight loss surgeries. You’ll also love our all-new weight loss surgery resource section with information on choosing a weight loss surgery, the weight loss surgery diets, choosing a surgeon and so much more!

Successful weight loss surgery is a big effort, and BariatricPal.com is designed to support your new healthy lifestyle. The community and information are always available on the site and using our new BariatricPal.com mobile apps. BariatricPal.com will let you track your diet and exercise to keep your weight loss and nutrition on track. Other ways to join the movement are to meet your BariatricPal.com friends in person, and to track your goals.

The launch of BariatricPal.com is hassle-free for you. Your LapBandTalk.com account and profile will automatically be transferred to BariatricPal.com.

We’re very excited about leading the charge against obesity, and we hope you are, too! Stay tuned for more information about the changeover to BariatricPal.com! At the world’s largest weight loss surgery hangout, it’s cool to be a loser!

So there will be separate forums for LapBand blogs? I am hopeful there will be as there is a huge difference between after care, the surgeries, etc and, my experience is that people who had other types of surgery like to profess theirs is better, and/or tell me what I should be doing based on their surgery.

There will be completely separated areas for each surgery on BariatricPal.

The Lap Band Forums, blogs and photos will be a spitting image of LapBandTalk.

There will be a general discussion forum where everyone can intermingle.

So when we hit the "new content" button is it going to pull up posts about other weight loss surgeries or just lap band surgeries? Cause I really don't want to wade through posts about sleeve or rny ?

Will all our pictures and friends list carry over?

When this finally launches, how do we sign in? Same screen name/password or?

I didn't see anything about the live chat option? Is that still available????

So when we hit the "new content" button is it going to pull up posts about other weight loss surgeries or just lap band surgeries? Cause I really don't want to wade through posts about sleeve or rny ?

We thought of that..... You'll be able to set the content you view in New Content based on your surgery type.

Will all our pictures and friends list carry over?

When this finally launches, how do we sign in? Same screen name/password or?

I didn't see anything about the live chat option? Is that still available????

All your previous pics, posts and friends will be moved over. You'll use the same username and password you're used to using over here. Chat will also be offered on BariatricPal.

So when will this change occur??

So when will this change occur??

"In a few days"

Most likely Monday or Tuesday eve.

I plan on updating this thread once we have a solid time in place.

Also...will the new site have the following functionality?:

1. A Block button that actually works where the person that you've blocked can no longer see your posts or respond to your posts.

2. The capability to make your profile private

3. The capability to upload pictures "privately"

Thanks

Dear Member,

Exciting new changes are coming to LapBandTalk.com! In a few days, LapBandTalk.com and the other Weight Loss Surgery Boards (WLSBoards) will join together and transition to BariatricPal.com! We’re exciting to be leading the movement to support weight loss and health for all members of the weight loss surgery community!

WLSBoards is celebrating its 10-year anniversary, and we are planning to make the next ten years even better. That’s why we’re combining the WLSBoards into a single, more powerful force. Each of us may choose different types of weight loss surgery as our own tools for weight loss, but ultimately, we all have the common goal of fighting obesity. BariatricPal.com will be better able to serve the weight loss surgery community by advocating for our rights as a unified voice.

BariatricPal.com has the same great discussion forums as LapBandTalk.com and all of the other social media options, such as blogs, private messages and photo galleries, which you know and love from LapBandTalk.com. In addition to the lap-band forums that you’re used to, BariatricPal.com will have new forums for all of the weight loss surgeries. You’ll also love our all-new weight loss surgery resource section with information on choosing a weight loss surgery, the weight loss surgery diets, choosing a surgeon and so much more!

Successful weight loss surgery is a big effort, and BariatricPal.com is designed to support your new healthy lifestyle. The community and information are always available on the site and using our new BariatricPal.com mobile apps. BariatricPal.com will let you track your diet and exercise to keep your weight loss and nutrition on track. Other ways to join the movement are to meet your BariatricPal.com friends in person, and to track your goals.

The launch of BariatricPal.com is hassle-free for you. Your LapBandTalk.com account and profile will automatically be transferred to BariatricPal.com.

We’re very excited about leading the charge against obesity, and we hope you are, too! Stay tuned for more information about the changeover to BariatricPal.com! At the world’s largest weight loss surgery hangout, it’s cool to be a loser!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the exciting news! However, I have some serious concerns. Combining ALL surgical types can backfire. The reasons many lap banders come here now is that they feel this is a 'safe haven' from Lap Band bashing.

The Lap Band forum on Obesity Help has been destroyed by "The Other Type" of surgeries and those who've had complications or their bands removed and "moved on" to "other weight loss surgical types..

And sadly NO ONE goes to the lap band forum on Obesity Help any longer due to all the negativity and if this new venture is not planned out carefully and there is not "heavy" moderating, it may turn into the same thing.

I know you mean well, and ideally if everyone CAN GET ALONG, this will be a wonderful idea. But again, I've seen Lap banders bullied for years and while I am hopeful, I am concerned about lap banders getting the support they need without constant bickering.

I try to come here to bring "value" and get support and try to stay on track with my weight loss and help newbies, I don't have time to come here and bicker about I am stupid for getting the band and it will be soon to be removed..just saying :)

An excited, but concerned member

Also...will the new site have the following functionality?:

1. A Block button that actually works where the person that you've blocked can no longer see your posts or respond to your posts.

2. The capability to make your profile private

3. The capability to upload pictures "privately"

Thanks

The new site will have some of the functionality you've requested from the get go (1 and 3). We plan on adding more in depth privacy features once we receive more member feedback, after the site is launched. We'll be able to make changes to the site in almost real time Vs. taking weeks or months to roll out previous updates.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the exciting news! However, I have some serious concerns. Combining ALL surgical types can backfire. The reasons many lap banders come here now is that they feel this is a 'safe haven' from Lap Band bashing.

The Lap Band forum on Obesity Help has been destroyed by "The Other Type" of surgeries and those who've had complications or their bands removed and "moved on" to "other weight loss surgical types..

And sadly NO ONE goes to the lap band forum on Obesity Help any longer due to all the negativity and if this new venture is not planned out carefully and there is not "heavy" moderating, it may turn into the same thing.

I know you mean well, and ideally if everyone CAN GET ALONG, this will be a wonderful idea. But again, I've seen Lap banders bullied for years and while I am hopeful, I am concerned about lap banders getting the support they need without constant bickering.

I try to come here to bring "value" and get support and try to stay on track with my weight loss and help newbies, I don't have time to come here and bicker about I am stupid for getting the band and it will be soon to be removed..just saying :)

An excited, but concerned member

I've had and have similar concerns.

I contemplated and have given thought to this decision for many months.

I plan on personally moderating the new community as well as adding new mods (if necessary) to make sure everyone is getting along.

I will have ZERO tolerance for members breaking rules.

I consider myself a Lap-Band success.....I will have a zero tolerance for member bashing or bullying Bandsters. I have your back :D

I think that's enough I's for one response.

"In a few days"

Most likely Monday or Tuesday eve.

I plan on updating this thread once we have a solid time in place.

When will the phone app be available?

Thanks!

When will the phone app be available?

Thanks!

The second the current app goes offline. It's called BariatricPal.

I've had and have similar concerns.

I contemplated and have given thought to this decision for many months.

I plan on personally moderating the new community as well as adding new mods (if necessary) to make sure everyone is getting along.

I will have ZERO tolerance for members breaking rules.

I consider myself a Lap-Band success.....I will have a zero tolerance for member bashing or bullying Bandsters. I have your back :D

I think that's enough I's for one response.

Thanks Alex! You and I are old school bandsters so I am sure you know what I am talking about. ;)

I am eagerly awaiting for the new changes!