Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exciting new changes are coming to LapBandTalk

I will not allow any abusive behavior on our new forums. Bullies will be banned permanently. You know I'm always available and will deal with any bumps in the road that may arise (I'm sure they will!) We've all suffered similarly but have taken different paths to get to where we are today. Does that make one person (or procedure) better than another ? I have no problem with intelligent conversation or even arguing about the efficacy of any weight loss procedure. I will have zero tolerance for trolls or trouble makers. The weight loss surgery bashing from weight loss surgery patients (AND surgeons!!!) is what has given bariatric surgery such a bad name. If anyone feels they are being targeted, they know where to and how to reach me. Things will most definitely change....I'm hoping they're for the better.

i know you got my back alex :)

Not to purposely preach here but just rise above it gang. Most people do not like change but change is always inevitable. Nothing ever stays the same. Look at WLS for example. Bypass and Band were always the top options for WLS and now band in a lot of ways is being bumped by the Sleeve. Use the report button if you find problematic posts. Do not stoop down to the band bashers level. Be yourself and help keep the newbies informed and let Alex and his team do the needful. Remember each surgical procedure attracts its own "band" ( see what I did there?) of detractors or haters

OK, getting down from soapbox....Be gentle I lost a lot of weight and bruise easy. :P

Slapping you with my feather duster, pulling feathers out of said duster, stuffing them into preacher's mouth :) Much better (chuckles)

Why does someone always have to ruin our pouting parade Hahhahaha

Not to purposely preach here but just rise above it gang. Most people do not like change but change is always inevitable. Nothing ever stays the same. Look at WLS for example. Bypass and Band were always the top options for WLS and now band in a lot of ways is being bumped by the Sleeve. Use the report button if you find problematic posts. Do not stoop down to the band bashers level. Be yourself and help keep the newbies informed and let Alex and his team do the needful. Remember each surgical procedure attracts its own "band" ( see what I did there?) of detractors or haters

OK, getting down from soapbox....Be gentle I lost a lot of weight and bruise easy. :P

You mentioned:

Do not stoop to the band bashing level...

That's wishful thinking :rolleyes:

I think what should happen to AVOID conflict where we can ALL GET ALONG PEACEFUL IS..

For Alex, to BAN -- POSTS like "Band vs Bypass", "Band vs Sleeve" and

"Why did you pick the Band over Bypass or Sleeve"

I think these types of posts are triggered to CAUSE CONFLICT, I think those who are truly here to HELP others with their own type of surgical type, and truly here for "support" SHOULD STAY AWAY from these posts and Alex SHOULD BAN THEM, and direct those who are researching a surgery type to research this outside of this forum or have Alex to PIN Pros and Cons to each type of surgery and point these newbies to these types of posts......then this NEW forum should work out ;) great.

I disagree only because I think when most people post threads like that it is because they are exploring options and seeking opinions unaware they are about to wake sleeping giants. There is nothing wrong with debate by any means between the different types of surgeries. It's all about keeping it civil and constructive, not destructive. I can only imagine how many new potential WLS people we lost because they started what they thought (and what should've been) a harmless thread to educate themselves.

I do agree that some of us myself included are better off avoiding certain threads. I am guilty for engaging is some heated debates and the result of that is I just post far less then I used to. I just use the blogs and the private messages to let off steam.

We're all passionate about WLS especially the WLS that works for us and unfortunately that passion boils over to frustration and anger. At some point you just have to walk away.

Alex has a tough job no doubt but there is a fine line between moderation and censorship but again we're all just passengers on his ship and it's his to steer and keep afloat.

I disagree only because I think when most people post threads like that it is because they are exploring options and seeking opinions unaware they are about to wake sleeping giants. There is nothing wrong with debate by any means between the different types of surgeries. It's all about keeping it civil and constructive, not destructive. I can only imagine how many new potential WLS people we lost because they started what they thought (and what should've been) a harmless thread to educate themselves.

I do agree that some of us myself included are better off avoiding certain threads. I am guilty for engaging is some heated debates and the result of that is I just post far less then I used to. I just use the blogs and the private messages to let off steam.

We're all passionate about WLS especially the WLS that works for us and unfortunately that passion boils over to frustration and anger. At some point you just have to walk away.

Alex has a tough job no doubt but there is a fine line between moderation and censorship but again we're all just passengers on his ship and it's his to steer and keep afloat.

You mentioned:

There is nothing wrong with debate by any means between the different types of surgeries. It's all about keeping it civil and constructive, not destructive.

Unfortunately, that is the problem, members NOT keeping the debates "civil"

I have seen on Obesity Help where people were actually sent to JAIL, members were harassed OUTSIDE of the forums, bullied etc, so this type of behavior is very concerning to members who want a SUPPORT system in place where they can come to post in "peace".

Ideally, in a "civil" debate you post "facts" about each surgical type backed up by studies, but unfortunately in a lot of cases, that does not work.

Yes, the online bullying can get real and scary, when it should never get that out of hand, but I've seen it band bashing and bulling get real ugly and out of hand, that's all I am saying.

I just went and checked out BariatricPal.com...are some people already using it? It looks like there is activity on the bypass pages.

According to the recent topics list bp is already getting hit with spam. :angry:

You mentioned:

Do not stoop to the band bashing level...

That's wishful thinking :rolleyes:

I think what should happen to AVOID conflict where we can ALL GET ALONG PEACEFUL IS..

For Alex, to BAN -- POSTS like "Band vs Bypass", "Band vs Sleeve" and

"Why did you pick the Band over Bypass or Sleeve"

I think these types of posts are triggered to CAUSE CONFLICT, I think those who are truly here to HELP others with their own type of surgical type, and truly here for "support" SHOULD STAY AWAY from these posts and Alex SHOULD BAN THEM, and direct those who are researching a surgery type to research this outside of this forum or have Alex to PIN Pros and Cons to each type of surgery and point these newbies to these types of posts......then this NEW forum should work out ;) great.

I'd like to respectfully disagree. These threads are super important! This is a "discussion" forum after all. The problem as I see it is that members are disrespectful to one another and resort to personal attacks instead of making their case. I will have non of that moving forward.

According to the recent topics list bp is already getting hit with spam. :angry:

I just went and checked out BariatricPal.com...are some people already using it? It looks like there is activity on the bypass pages.

You're seeing a fake site which doesn't resemble BariatricPal - at all. We were required to post it temporarily until our Apple app is approved (hopefully later today.)

You're seeing a fake site which doesn't resemble BariatricPal - at all. We were required to post it temporarily until our Apple app is approved (hopefully later today.)

Ohhhh....ok :D

The site will be going down later this eve for a few hours while we complete the upgrade.

See you on the other side....

When the site comes up and all is well are we going to be able to change our profile pics. if we want and will it be able to handle the gallery pics. or blogs also can we report or block people if we want and do we have to register to sign in again?

When the site comes up and all is well are we going to be able to change our profile pics. if we want and will it be able to handle the gallery pics. or blogs also can we report or block people if we want and do we have to register to sign in again?

You should be able to log in with the same credentials you currently use to log in here. All your settings, posts, blogs, pictures, blocks etc will be transferred over as well.

Alex,

I know you are working hard to get the site running properly. I also expect the app to not be as robust as the website. But often when using the app posts are sometimes filled with code, links don't work, and photos can't be viewed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alex, I know you are working hard to get the site running properly. I also expect the app to not be as robust as the website. But often when using the app posts are sometimes filled with code, links don't work, and photos can't be viewed. Any suggestions? Thanks

As a stop gap to the code issue, you can click the area where the post text is (the white part) and it will open that one post as HTML. This is also how you can see tickers when using the app. Use the Back button to get back to the whole thread.