Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would like to know some experiences on getting unfills vs. fill !?!?!?!

I am a tad confused!?!?!?

:huh:

Nurse took out .5 as I seemed to tight. (4t fill) One week later and I feel NO RESTRICTION and I am hungry. How does one go from miserable to No restriction. Then when I asked for it back the way it was, she tells me to go on sugar busters for 2 weeks.

Anyone had any experiences with this ??

Hi Beach,

When you get closer to GREEN, smaller volumes can have a drastic effect on the band than you are originally accustomed to. You can overshoot green by 0.1cc intervals when you get to the tweak stage.

So say you get a smidge overfilled and combine that with one oopsie moment, or perhaps you are just dehydrated, and than you start having symptoms of being too tight. Unfortunately once inflammation starts, it only gets worse. Therefore unfills are necessary to rest the band/stoma. Docs typically take out a liberal amount to help with your recovery, but will be less assertive when refilling you to fine tune your band back to green.

I was too tight a couple of months ago. Doc removed .5 cc and it was like the dam opened up, absolutely no restriction. We let things calm down for awhile and got .25 refilled -- still no restriction. Got the other .25 and things were fine for awhile and then they started tightening up again. Rather than letting it go like I did last time, I immediately went in for a .1 unfill (which was today, btw). So far so good! I'm really, really hoping this will be the zone for me!

Hi Beach' date='

When you get closer to GREEN, smaller volumes can have a drastic effect on the band than you are originally accustomed to. You can overshoot green by 0.1cc intervals when you get to the tweak stage.

So say you get a smidge overfilled and combine that with one oopsie moment, or perhaps you are just dehydrated, and than you start having symptoms of being too tight. Unfortunately once inflammation starts, it only gets worse. Therefore unfills are necessary to rest the band/stoma. Docs typically take out a liberal amount to help with your recovery, but will be less assertive when refilling you to fine tune your band back to green.[/quote']

I hope this is how my doctor plans to handle my recent unfill.

Im at 7.5cc's in a 10cc band for 4days now & the mornings & Breakfast is the only thing i have issues with gettn down.

Is this cause for an unfill? Should i expect this to loosen as the weeks go on?

My lunch and dinners go down just fine.

Im at 7.5cc's in a 10cc band for 4days now & the mornings & Breakfast is the only thing i have issues with gettn down.

Is this cause for an unfill? Should i expect this to loosen as the weeks go on?

My lunch and dinners go down just fine.

I'm always tighter in the morning. I switched from shakes to coffee.

Being tight in the morning is normal for most people. Just stick to liquids, warm is best. If you're not having any problems with lunch or dinner, you don't need an unfill.

WOW! Makes much more sense to tweek it as you get closer to the green zone.

I was too tight a couple of months ago. Doc removed .5 cc and it was like the dam opened up, absolutely no restriction. We let things calm down for awhile and got .25 refilled -- still no restriction. Got the other .25 and things were fine for awhile and then they started tightening up again. Rather than letting it go like I did last time, I immediately went in for a .1 unfill (which was today, btw). So far so good! I'm really, really hoping this will be the zone for me!

!!!

Ditto!!! I know all about that dam! It's almost like I don't haev a band now for soem reason.... ?!?!?!? Seems all of this is trial and error and you don't know what questions to actually ask until you get there, because you have blinders on until things unfold for us. I wonder what's next...hummmmm...LOL! Thanks for all the replies. Hope everyone has a Marvelous Monday!

The good news/bad news is with that .1 cc unfill, I still have restriction and am satisfied with small amounts, but I'm hungry every 1.5 to 2 hours, which is driving me crazy. Doesn't matter how much Protein I eat, it's just not enough to hold me very long! This is soooo frustrating!

I return for a fill in a week... I don't kmow how much they really LISTEN to the patient and judge your fills accordingly?!?! I am wanting the full .5 back...as I am beginning to wonder if I didn't jump the gun and just freak out the initial time of sticking and slimming. "LESSON WELL LEARNED" !!