Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of Vegetables do you eat???

:hungry: I am just curious what vegetables people find easiest to eat and how they prepare them. I have had a hard time getting veggies into my diet because they are either too fibrous or too hard to completely chew to mush. I have never been much of a veggie fan so would particularly like to hear from people who are similar in that respect.

Thanks

I make a small salad with romaine lettuce, boiled egg whites, chicken ,mandarin oranges,and chopped walnuts and raspberry or basalmic vinegarette dressing.I shredd the lettuce and than chop everything together really small. I also steam brussel sprouts let them cool chop add a splash of basalmic vinegar and Mrs.Dash.(Yummy)And last but not least I make a Soup with alot of skinless chicken thighs, and frozen mixed veggies and frozen french cut green Beans, can crushed tomatoes,seasoning of your choice.

I haven't really had any trouble with veges - i love love love salad and now started eating it first (instead of protein) and it might help me finally get some weight off. I've had broccoli, cauliflower (love to mash it into potatoes!), cucumbers, tomatoes, baked potatoes, asparagus (just the tips), steamed them fried in pam cabbage (delicious) - for some reason i don't remember eveer pbing on a vege -i guess i'm lucky as veges are my favorite food.< /p>

Green Beans are easy for me, I usually steam them or boil them. Cooked carrots are good too. Vegetable Soup is a great way to get some veggies in, and makes a good low cal snack.< /p>

I too love salads. But our rule is to eat Proteins first. I'm afraid if I do salad at my meal, I may not get in my requirements. I'm just now released into week 5 diet - whatever I want. lol So I'm being cautious. Just finished 1/2 tomatoe with some tuna salad.

I usually eat raw veggies with striclty portioned & calorie counted dip.

Calabeza squash (like zuccini only milder flavor - see your local hispanic market), (peal on or off)

Chayote squash - crunchy/melonish kind of flavor (peel & eat)

Kolrabi - root crop with greens on top. You can put the both parts in Soups and stews, and I like the root-part raw. It is very cruncy and tastes like a cross between brocoli & radishes. (peel & eat)

I also love snap peas and the occasional carot or cherry Tomato - but those all have a higher carb count.

Chewing is (as always) the key to eating raw veggies. I have to also add the disclaimer that I have never had tight, tight restriction and I can eat anything - anything at all...

Good Luck!

Most veggies are easy to eat especially if they are steamed or canned. Some of my patients cannot eat lettuce salads unless it is chopped up into very small pieces.

As far as salads go I usually put something with Protein on it and try to focus on that first but then pick at the lettuce here and there.

Some problem veggies that I've found common with patients are (and please keep in mind everyone is very different!)....corn, broccoli, peas, and lettuce. I rec. to stay away from raw veggies for about 5 weeks and when you introduce them just take it easy.

For a last ditch effort you could always have a V8 for a veggie serving, just be careful if you are sodium sensitive b/c it does have a high sodium content...that is unless you get the reduced sodium content. This also counts as a Fluid serving so you can multi-task! :)

e

Erin,

Dr C suggested I write you via the forums on the new website but I 'm had a little trouble signing up (seems I said I was 13 and under - lol) - anyhow as you can see from my 'ticker' info - I am a failure at losing weight. My recent unfill has allowed me to eat better - 3 solid meals a day but still not losing. I'm planing to start my raductil regularly (have about a 3 week supply) as I've noticed my appetite increasing and now am having a harder time controling my appetite. Am also considering another small fill at the end of March.

I am 48 and on bcp - surely going through menopause - but don't know what to do re: diet. I can be ok with maintainence but still need to lose 50lbs.

Would be happy to pay for consult or advice -

Thanks, mary